    In you posts you talk about Dell computers that your company uses so
    thought you might have a tip on how to get the CDs from Dell.

    TIA

    Star@*.*, May 26, 2005

  2. Star@*.*

    Gordon Guest

    On Thu, 26 May 2005 21:37:21 +0000, Star wrote:

    > Just purchased a Dell Optipex GX150 computer and license for Windows
    > 2000 Pro for a retired widow. The software is loaded but none of the cab
    > files are on the HDD and it came with no media.
    > Went to Dells site here in Australia and could not find anywhere to get
    > the software disks.
    > As the person is on a pension they can't afford to spend a whole lot for
    > just the media but I would like to have it in case I need to reinstall
    > the operating system.
    > I went to a computer market and they had the Dell media for sale but
    > wanted $160. This is far to much for the person to pay. I paid $250 for
    > the computer system but charged $175 as I knew the money was tight
    > for her and she want's to keep in contact with her grandchildren
    > overseas.
    > In you posts you talk about Dell computers that your company uses so
    > thought you might have a tip on how to get the CDs from Dell.
    >
    > TIA

    Ebay

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Fedora Core 3 and Open Office

    Gordon, May 26, 2005

  3. Star@*.*

    Mike Easter Guest

    Star@*.* wrote:
    > Just purchased a Dell Optipex GX150 computer and license for Windows
    > 2000 Pro for a retired widow. The software is loaded but none of the
    > cab files are on the HDD and it came with no media.

    That 'license for Windows 2000 Pro' is supposed to mean you get a Dell
    type Win2kPro license and dell type media specifically for that
    hardware. If you have to buy legitimate Win2KPro licensed media all
    over again, it isn't cheap.

    Who did you buy it from and why didn't they provide you with what that
    'license' requires/provides?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 27, 2005
  4. Star@*.*

    Star@*.* Guest

    On Thu, 26 May 2005 16:30:05 -0700, "Mike Easter" <>
    wrote:

    >Star@*.* wrote:
    >> Just purchased a Dell Optipex GX150 computer and license for Windows
    >> 2000 Pro for a retired widow. The software is loaded but none of the
    >> cab files are on the HDD and it came with no media.

    >That 'license for Windows 2000 Pro' is supposed to mean you get a Dell
    >type Win2kPro license and dell type media specifically for that
    >hardware. If you have to buy legitimate Win2KPro licensed media all
    >over again, it isn't cheap.
    >
    >Who did you buy it from and why didn't they provide you with what that
    >'license' requires/provides?

    Machine was purchased from the Australian Gov. surplus. They said that
    because of their license agreement they could not furnish the media just
    the license and should contact Dell.
    I made a Ghost Image of the HDD as purchased so may be stuck with
    using the Image to restore in case of failure.
    Have installed a backup program on her machine and I weekly copy the
    backup to my external HDD. Not the best but may be my only choice.

    Thanks

    Star@*.*, May 28, 2005