    I'm trying to figure out how to do that. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Fred

    Fred Marshall, Mar 31, 2006

  2. Fred Marshall

    Merv Guest

    look for a writeup on port forwarding in Linksys user guide

    Merv, Mar 31, 2006

  3. "Merv" <> wrote in message
    > look for a writeup on port forwarding in Linksys user guide

    Merv,

    Oh! Thanks.

    Hmmmmmm.... I have a problem with that.

    PING doesn't use ports. That's what I've read and my understanding
    coincides with the information I was provided in the request to make this
    happen.

    Fred

    Fred Marshall, Mar 31, 2006
  4. Fred Marshall

    Merv Guest

    I am assuming that you are trying to provide access to a particular
    host on your local network so that it can be accessed remotely - you
    need to use port forwarding to allow that.

    Merv, Mar 31, 2006