Ping Steve Gibson

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Lionel, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Lionel

    Lionel Guest

    Steve....The G2 is a very outdated camera. Since the release of the G2,
    Canon put out the G3, G5, and now the Pro1. You can expect to have jaggy
    edges, chromatic abherations, and tons of purple fringing. The grip will
    probably eventually crack. Honestly, you could have done much better.
    With all the new cameras out, yours is honestly a piece of shit No
    offense.

    LIONEL (A FELLOW CANON OWNER)

    \"Steve Gibson\" <> wrote in

    Lionel, Feb 16, 2004

  2. Lionel

    Guest

    On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:56:04 -0500, "Lionel" <> wrote:

    >\"Steve Gibson\" <> wrote in
    >news:: >
    >> Hello everyone,
    >>
    >> I just got a used canon Canon power shot G2 digital camera. Is this
    >> camera going to be a good camera for me. -------------
    >>
    >> Steve

    >Steve....The G2 is a very outdated camera.............. you could have done much better.
    >With all the new cameras out, yours is honestly a piece of shit No
    >offense.
    >
    >LIONEL (A FELLOW CANON OWNER)

    Before you throw your G-2 away, take a look at:

    http://www.steves-digicams.com/2001_reviews/g2_pg5.html#conclusion

    Also check out the sample images in this review. There is a ton of
    information and the bottom line is the G-2 is a very decent camera
    that makes 11+GB files which produce excellent 8-12-inch prints.

    Dave
    East Englewood
    , Feb 17, 2004

  3. Lionel

    TP Guest

    "Lionel" <> wrote:

    >With all the new cameras out, yours is honestly a piece of shit No
    >offense.

    Congratulations, you just won:

    "rec.photo.equipment.* Oxymoron Of The Year 2004"
    TP, Feb 17, 2004