    ammo, and the HK11 (Henkel&Koch) which I had for a month:) And to stay on
    topic, I'd like to post here some photos of my army days.
    Dimitris .Tzortzakakis.

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Jun 24, 2013

  2. ? "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> ?????? ??? ??????
    news:2013062409514643042-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom...
    > On 2013-06-24 09:32:39 -0700, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <>
    > said:
    >
    >> Hi, Duck I am the greek one that was here a couple of years ago. We had a
    >> discussion about a Browning .45 pistol the greek army had. Well, it's the
    >> famous M1911 of course. My other favourites were the .50 BMG with API
    >> tracer
    >> ammo, and the HK11 (Henkel&Koch) which I had for a month:) And to stay
    >> on
    >> topic, I'd like to post here some photos of my army days.
    >> Dimitris .Tzortzakakis.

    > Hi,
    > The 1911 is very much a favorite of mine.
    >
    > As far as posting any of your images here goes, this is an unmoderated
    > group without gatekeepers, and you certainly don't need my blessing to
    > post anything. So you are more than welcome to post here, with the caveat
    > that this is not a binary group, and you should only share your images
    > here with URL links to your images or blog/web site, by using an image
    > storage/sharing service such as Flickr, SmugMug, Picassa Web Galleries, or
    > a cloud storage service like DropBox.
    > Another of the photo groups which might appreciate your photos is
    > alt.photography.
    >
    > If you want to directly post binary files (JPEG) of your army days images,
    > a binary group worth considering is alt.binaries.pictures.military.
    >
    > Whatever you choose to do, we look forward to your return, and anything
    > you can add to provoke our mad debates.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Savageduck

    Hey Savageduck,
    thanks a lot for the headsup. Now, this photo here (I have not taken it!It
    was taken by a pro in the boot camp in Korinth)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/97955829@N02/
    the guy in the middle in the olive green uniform is the sergeant responsible
    for our company, the 1st company of the 1st battalion, I am one of the three
    guys with glasses, the last to the right standing on the third row. There
    are also a couple of corporals rsponsible for our training, reservists
    wearing the same uniform as us. Sorry for the poor quality but that's the
    best my CanoScan D646Uex could do. Cheers!

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitris
    hordad AT otenet DOT gr

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Jun 25, 2013

  3. ? "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> ?????? ??? ??????
    > On 2013-06-25 07:27:35 -0700, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <>
    > said:
    >

    >> ? "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> ?????? ??? ??????
    >>> On 2013-06-24 09:32:39 -0700, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios"
    >>> <>

    >>> Hi,
    >>> The 1911 is very much a favorite of mine.
    >>>
    >>> As far as posting any of your images here goes, this is an unmoderated
    >>> group without gatekeepers, and you certainly don't need my blessing to
    >>> post anything. So you are more than welcome to post here, with the
    >>> caveat
    >>> that this is not a binary group, and you should only share your images
    >>> here with URL links to your images or blog/web site, by using an image
    >>> storage/sharing service such as Flickr, SmugMug, Picassa Web Galleries,
    >>> or
    >>> a cloud storage service like DropBox.
    >>> Another of the photo groups which might appreciate your photos is
    >>> alt.photography.
    >>>
    >>> If you want to directly post binary files (JPEG) of your army days
    >>> images,
    >>> a binary group worth considering is alt.binaries.pictures.military.
    >>>
    >>> Whatever you choose to do, we look forward to your return, and anything
    >>> you can add to provoke our mad debates.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Regards,
    >>>
    >>> Savageduck
    >>>

    >> Hey Savageduck,
    >> thanks a lot for the headsup. Now, this photo here (I have not taken
    >> it!It
    >> was taken by a pro in the boot camp in Korinth)
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/97955829@N02/
    >> the guy in the middle in the olive green uniform is the sergeant
    >> responsible
    >> for our company, the 1st company of the 1st battalion, I am one of the
    >> three
    >> guys with glasses, the last to the right standing on the third row. There
    >> are also a couple of corporals rsponsible for our training, reservists
    >> wearing the same uniform as us. Sorry for the poor quality but that's the
    >> best my CanoScan D646Uex could do. Cheers!

    > So you were the company geek. ;-)
    > At least they didn't have you dressed in the traditional Evzone uniform.
    >
    > Sometimes you can look back on those days with nostalgia. I only hope that
    > you haven't been too effected by the current Greek economic and political
    > situation, and things improve and stabilize.

    Well, I was supposed to be a scribe, but I did sentry duty every night, even
    on the greek intelligence headquarters. Here's another one, this time with
    the "normal"uniform (the previous one was with a dress uniform) again in the
    boot camp. I'm obviously the right one, with glasses.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/97955829@N02/9158838115/
    The evzone uniform is used only for sentries that are outside the
    parliament, as it's really difficult to iron and wash and if you're not
    handsome you look really ridiculous with it. But my brother in law was an
    evzone, as he's 6'2" at least (I'm 5'10"). But my battalion in Rhodes used
    to have police insignia, as we did also police work, anti-fire patrols etc.
    but when I was there we had national guard insignia. I am a freelance
    electrician (I am an electrical engineering major) nad as I'm cheap and
    efficent and quite good I still manage to make ends meet, I buy new tools
    all the time, records etc. Hope also things will imrove for everyone.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitris
    hordad AT otenet DOT gr

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Jun 28, 2013