    Friend has a Viewsonic VG2021M monitor that flashes at boot up and shut
    down, other than that the monitor works fine. Do you know a good cheap
    repair person in Paraparaumu?

    John, Apr 27, 2011

  2. On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 19:33:37 +1200, John <> wrote:

    >Friend has a Viewsonic VG2021M monitor that flashes at boot up and shut
    >down, other than that the monitor works fine. Do you know a good cheap
    >repair person in Paraparaumu?

    Might be me but I have far to many things of my own at the moment.

    There are 2 Service shops in Kapiti, but get a Quote.

    Could be a simple thing of dried out caps.

    William Brown, Apr 27, 2011

  3. John

    John Guest

    On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 00:46:01 -0500, ttb wrote:

    > On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 10:07:01 +1200, William Brown wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 19:33:37 +1200, John <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Friend has a Viewsonic VG2021M monitor that flashes at boot up and shut
    >>>down, other than that the monitor works fine. Do you know a good cheap
    >>>repair person in Paraparaumu?

    >> Might be me but I have far to many things of my own at the moment.
    >>

    >> There are 2 Service shops in Kapiti, but get a Quote.
    >>

    >> Could be a simple thing of dried out caps.

    > Hey,
    > I work for the only NZ Viewsonic service agent here in chch, give us a
    > ring on 0800 008822 and we may be able to help.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Tim
    >
    > Cheers
    > Tim
    >

    > --
    > Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes
    > turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return.

    Thanks Tim,
    But the monitor is situated in Paraparaumu, Kapiti, North Island.

    John, Apr 30, 2011
  4. Re: [Ping] Roger Shepard, [Ping] John

    On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 18:46:26 +1200, John <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 00:46:01 -0500, ttb wrote:

    >>> Might be me but I have far to many things of my own at the moment.
    >>>

    >>> There are 2 Service shops in Kapiti, but get a Quote.
    >>>

    >>> Could be a simple thing of dried out caps.

    >> Hey,
    >> I work for the only NZ Viewsonic service agent here in chch, give us a
    >> ring on 0800 008822 and we may be able to help.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >> Tim
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >> Tim
    >>

    >> --
    >> Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes
    >> turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return.

    >Thanks Tim,
    >But the monitor is situated in Paraparaumu, Kapiti, North Island.

    There is was a Tech that I knew and worked with, he became the
    Viewsonic service agent for the lower north island, I will try and find
    out.

    I still don't mine having a look at it, as it is stuck in Kapiti.
    I fixed a 19" for a friend a few months back.

    William Brown, Apr 30, 2011
  5. Re: [Ping] Roger Shepard, [Ping] John

    On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 18:46:26 +1200, John <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 00:46:01 -0500, ttb wrote:

    >>> Might be me but I have far to many things of my own at the moment.
    >>>

    >>> There are 2 Service shops in Kapiti, but get a Quote.
    >>>

    >>> Could be a simple thing of dried out caps.

    >> Hey,
    >> I work for the only NZ Viewsonic service agent here in chch, give us a
    >> ring on 0800 008822 and we may be able to help.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >> Tim
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >> Tim
    >>

    >> --
    >> Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes
    >> turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return.

    >Thanks Tim,
    >But the monitor is situated in Paraparaumu, Kapiti, North Island.

    There is was a Tech that I knew and worked with, he became the
    Viewsonic service agent for the lower north island, I will try and find
    out.

    I still don't mine having a look at it, as it is stuck in Kapiti.
    I fixed a 19" for a friend a few months back.

    Also John

    I have a spare LCD monitor that could help, but its only a 17'

    William Brown, Apr 30, 2011
  6. John

    Msgr Scooter Guest

    Re: [Ping] Roger Shepard, [Ping] John

    On , , Sat, 30 Apr 2011 19:37:49 +1200, Re: [Ping] Roger Shepard, [Ping] John,
    William Brown <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 18:46:26 +1200, John <> wrote:

    >>> Hey,
    >>> I work for the only NZ Viewsonic service agent here in chch, give us a
    >>> ring on 0800 008822 and we may be able to help.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers
    >>> Tim
    >>>
    >>> Cheers
    >>> Tim
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes
    >>> turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return.

    >>Thanks Tim,
    >>But the monitor is situated in Paraparaumu, Kapiti, North Island.

    >There is was a Tech that I knew and worked with, he became the
    >Viewsonic service agent for the lower north island, I will try and find
    >out.
    >

    >I still don't mine having a look at it, as it is stuck in Kapiti.
    >I fixed a 19" for a friend a few months back.

    I think he would sooner that Roger Sheppard looked at it for him, after all
    Roger is trained in this sort of thing.

    to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
    Anatole France.

    Msgr Scooter, Apr 30, 2011
  7. John

    John Guest

    On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 19:46:00 +1200, William Brown wrote:

    > On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 18:46:26 +1200, John <> wrote:

    >>> Hey,
    >>> I work for the only NZ Viewsonic service agent here in chch, give us a
    >>> ring on 0800 008822 and we may be able to help.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers
    >>> Tim
    >>>
    >>> Cheers
    >>> Tim
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes
    >>> turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return.

    >>Thanks Tim,
    >>But the monitor is situated in Paraparaumu, Kapiti, North Island.

    > There is was a Tech that I knew and worked with, he became the
    > Viewsonic service agent for the lower north island, I will try and find
    > out.

    Thanks.

    > I still don't mine having a look at it, as it is stuck in Kapiti.
    > I fixed a 19" for a friend a few months back.

    Thought you said you were too busy?

    > I have a spare LCD monitor that could help, but its only a 17'

    Don't think she would be interested in dropping down to a 17'.

    John, Apr 30, 2011
  8. John

    victor Guest

    On 1/05/2011 8:54 a.m., John wrote:
    > On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 19:46:00 +1200, William Brown wrote:

    >>> Thanks Tim,
    >>> But the monitor is situated in Paraparaumu, Kapiti, North Island.

    >> There is was a Tech that I knew and worked with, he became the
    >> Viewsonic service agent for the lower north island, I will try and find
    >> out.

    > Thanks.
    >
    >> I still don't mine having a look at it, as it is stuck in Kapiti.
    >> I fixed a 19" for a friend a few months back.

    > Thought you said you were too busy?
    >
    >> I have a spare LCD monitor that could help, but its only a 17'

    > Don't think she would be interested in dropping down to a 17'.

    Give Dove Electronics in Taranaki St a call, they might be able to
    suggest someone.

    victor, May 1, 2011
  9. John

    John Guest

    On Sun, 01 May 2011 11:07:38 +1200, victor wrote:

    > On 1/05/2011 8:54 a.m., John wrote:

    >>> There is was a Tech that I knew and worked with, he became the
    >>> Viewsonic service agent for the lower north island, I will try and find
    >>> out.

    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >>> I still don't mine having a look at it, as it is stuck in Kapiti.
    >>> I fixed a 19" for a friend a few months back.

    >> Thought you said you were too busy?
    >>
    >>> I have a spare LCD monitor that could help, but its only a 17'

    >> Don't think she would be interested in dropping down to a 17'.

    > Give Dove Electronics in Taranaki St a call, they might be able to
    > suggest someone.

    Thanks Victor,
    Prefer someone local but will give then a ring if nothing local turns up.

    John, May 1, 2011
  10. John

    victor Guest

    On 1/05/2011 11:25 a.m., John wrote:
    > On Sun, 01 May 2011 11:07:38 +1200, victor wrote:

    >>> Thanks.

    >>> Thought you said you were too busy?

    >>> Don't think she would be interested in dropping down to a 17'.

    >> Give Dove Electronics in Taranaki St a call, they might be able to
    >> suggest someone.

    > Thanks Victor,
    > Prefer someone local but will give then a ring if nothing local turns up.

    Dove are the Viewsonics distributors

    victor, May 1, 2011
  11. John

    Squiggle Guest

    Re: [Ping] Roger Shepard, [Ping] John

    On 1/05/2011 11:25 a.m., John threw some characters down the intarwebs:
    > On Sun, 01 May 2011 11:07:38 +1200, victor wrote:

    >>> Thanks.

    >>> Thought you said you were too busy?

    >>> Don't think she would be interested in dropping down to a 17'.

    >> Give Dove Electronics in Taranaki St a call, they might be able to
    >> suggest someone.

    > Thanks Victor,
    > Prefer someone local but will give then a ring if nothing local turns up.

    Just FYI, that viewsonic is a particularly cruddy model IMO, I would be
    looking at nursing it along for as long as possible then replacing
    rather than repairing.

    --
    The nz.general stupidest statement of 2011 competition leading candidate:
    The USA is no more democratic than is the Peoples Democratic Republic of

    Squiggle, May 1, 2011
  12. John

    John Guest

    On Sun, 01 May 2011 11:46:59 +1200, Squiggle wrote:

    > On 1/05/2011 11:25 a.m., John threw some characters down the intarwebs:

    >>> Give Dove Electronics in Taranaki St a call, they might be able to
    >>> suggest someone.

    >> Thanks Victor,
    >> Prefer someone local but will give then a ring if nothing local turns up.

    > Just FYI, that viewsonic is a particularly cruddy model IMO, I would be
    > looking at nursing it along for as long as possible then replacing
    > rather than repairing.

    Agreed, the first one she had was replaced within a few weeks (faulty).
    This one is just 3 1/2 years old. The lady owner is elderly and on a fixed
    income so is looking for the cheapest option. The cheapest new one (20') is
    around the $200 mark so if she could get the old one repaired at a
    reasonable price she would prefer that. However, I've suggested that she
    lives with the old one until it completely claps out, then purchase new.

    John, May 1, 2011
  13. Re: [Ping] Roger Shepard, [Ping] John

    On Sun, 1 May 2011 08:54:49 +1200, John <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 19:46:00 +1200, William Brown wrote:

    >>>Thanks Tim,
    >>>But the monitor is situated in Paraparaumu, Kapiti, North Island.

    >> There is was a Tech that I knew and worked with, he became the
    >> Viewsonic service agent for the lower north island, I will try and find
    >> out.

    >Thanks.
    >
    >> I still don't mine having a look at it, as it is stuck in Kapiti.
    >> I fixed a 19" for a friend a few months back.

    >Thought you said you were too busy?

    Yes but I am a nice chap and had a rethink.

    >> I have a spare LCD monitor that could help, but its only a 17'

    >Don't think she would be interested in dropping down to a 17'.

    Yes but its better than No monitor.

    Are you the John J that I used to know, had a Paradise acc.?

    If so do you have the same Email addy?

    From what I can find out its just a Cap problem, simple to fix.

    William Brown, May 1, 2011
  14. Re: [Ping] Roger Shepard, [Ping] John

    On Sun, 01 May 2011 11:07:38 +1200, victor <> wrote:

    >On 1/05/2011 8:54 a.m., John wrote:

    >>> There is was a Tech that I knew and worked with, he became the
    >>> Viewsonic service agent for the lower north island, I will try and find
    >>> out.

    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >>> I still don't mine having a look at it, as it is stuck in Kapiti.
    >>> I fixed a 19" for a friend a few months back.

    >> Thought you said you were too busy?
    >>
    >>> I have a spare LCD monitor that could help, but its only a 17'

    >> Don't think she would be interested in dropping down to a 17'.

    >Give Dove Electronics in Taranaki St a call, they might be able to
    >suggest someone.

    Yes I do have full details of the Viewsonic service agent in the lower
    north island, based in Wellington but generally they don't come cheep.

    Plus I do know some people do not fit the correct Low ESR caps.

    William Brown, May 1, 2011
  15. Re: [Ping] Roger Shepard, [Ping] John

    On Sun, 01 May 2011 11:40:06 +1200, victor <> wrote:

    >On 1/05/2011 11:25 a.m., John wrote:

    >>> Give Dove Electronics in Taranaki St a call, they might be able to
    >>> suggest someone.

    >> Thanks Victor,
    >> Prefer someone local but will give then a ring if nothing local turns up.

    >Dove are the Viewsonics distributors

    But Not the Service agents..

    William Brown, May 1, 2011
  16. On Sun, 1 May 2011 13:25:48 +1200, "geoff" <>
    wrote:

    >John wrote:
    >> Thanks Tim,
    >> But the monitor is situated in Paraparaumu, Kapiti, North Island.

    >Kapiti is only a $15 courier ticket away from anywhere....
    >
    >geoff

    Yes but you will need the Original packing to ship the monitor safely,
    in my case it does not need that and does not cost a thing.

    William Brown, May 1, 2011
  17. John

    John Guest

    On Sun, 01 May 2011 18:45:02 +1200, William Brown wrote:

    > On Sun, 1 May 2011 08:54:49 +1200, John <> wrote:

    >>> There is was a Tech that I knew and worked with, he became the
    >>> Viewsonic service agent for the lower north island, I will try and find
    >>> out.

    >>Thanks.
    >>
    >>> I still don't mine having a look at it, as it is stuck in Kapiti.
    >>> I fixed a 19" for a friend a few months back.

    >>Thought you said you were too busy?

    > Yes but I am a nice chap and had a rethink.
    >
    >>> I have a spare LCD monitor that could help, but its only a 17'

    >>Don't think she would be interested in dropping down to a 17'.

    > Yes but its better than No monitor.
    >
    > Are you the John J that I used to know, had a Paradise acc.?
    >
    > If so do you have the same Email addy?
    >

    > From what I can find out its just a Cap problem, simple to fix.

    Thanks Roger,
    I'll contact you(by phone)after I've spoken to the lady with the faulty
    monitor.

    John, May 1, 2011