Ping Philo

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Dec 16, 2009.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    As Mr. Platt has been on a rampage lately about my short lived military
    life, you can be assured he is nothing more than a damned liar.

    It is true I was only in uniform for 86 days. I will remind others that at
    the time there was a heavy draft for the Viet Nam War. I enlisted.
    I was discharged, timely at 86 days, because at 91 days, you get benefits,
    for not meeting military medical specifications. Platt says "nutjob". I
    have full scoliosis. At that time, 1969, this condition was not allowed. I
    know some will come along say otherwise. Yes, it was changed a year later.

    Some other idiot I had battles with was able to acquire my DD214 via the
    FOIA. Which he then posted to a throwaway site. Using a magic marker, he
    blackened out the single word before "Discharge". Now why would the
    military do that? Mr. Platt is just using various words and applying them
    to me to fit his agenda, which happens to be trolling.

    I have answered his insane questions several times. He totally ignores the
    answers. He just uses the questions over and over again to give his
    trolling some weight when he has nothing else to say.

    Now he comes along with new inuendos which he knows he can't back up.
    During the week after the holidays, I will make a little trip over to San
    Francisco and go knocking on his employers door. We'll see if he's man
    enough to go face to face.
    richard, Dec 16, 2009

  2. richard

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 18:08:59 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 18:40:05 -0700, richard <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>As Mr. Platt has been on a rampage lately about my short lived military
    >>life, you can be assured he is nothing more than a damned liar.

    > So you didn't have a short lived military career?

    What career? I never said it was a career.

    >>It is true I was only in uniform for 86 days. I will remind others that at
    >>the time there was a heavy draft for the Viet Nam War. I enlisted.
    >>I was discharged, timely at 86 days, because at 91 days, you get benefits,
    >>for not meeting military medical specifications. Platt says "nutjob". I
    >>have full scoliosis. At that time, 1969, this condition was not allowed. I
    >>know some will come along say otherwise. Yes, it was changed a year later.

    > As you would say, "Proof".

    For that, you would have to have access the US Army medical rules in force
    as of November of 1969. Try the FOIA.

    >>Some other idiot I had battles with was able to acquire my DD214 via the
    >>FOIA. Which he then posted to a throwaway site. Using a magic marker, he
    >>blackened out the single word before "Discharge". Now why would the
    >>military do that? Mr. Platt is just using various words and applying them
    >>to me to fit his agenda, which happens to be trolling.

    > What was the single word before Discharge?

    "Honorable".
    Of which I do have proof in the form of my original DD214 which is not a
    copy of the FOIA version. No, that does not get posted.

    >>I have answered his insane questions several times.

    > No, you never have.
    >
    >>He totally ignores the answers. He just uses the questions over and over again to give his
    >>trolling some weight when he has nothing else to say.

    > You have yet to answer the very simple questions you've been given.
    >
    > A link to the deja archive or Message ID.
    >
    > I mean, if you've answered it, surely someone here would have backed
    > your answer up and said "Richard already answered the question."
    >
    >>Now he comes along with new inuendos which he knows he can't back up.
    >>During the week after the holidays, I will make a little trip over to San
    >>Francisco and go knocking on his employers door. We'll see if he's man
    >>enough to go face to face.

    > Then you've now been officially told: You are not welcome.
    >
    > The police will be called, and you will be prosecuted for trespassing.

    Good. Then you will be called to testify. You can explain why it is that
    you feel you are in charge of the property.
    richard, Dec 16, 2009

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 20:04:32 -0600, philo wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >> As Mr. Platt has been on a rampage lately about my short lived military
    >> life, you can be assured he is nothing more than a damned liar.
    >>
    >> It is true I was only in uniform for 86 days. I will remind others that at
    >> the time there was a heavy draft for the Viet Nam War. I enlisted.
    >> I was discharged, timely at 86 days, because at 91 days, you get benefits,
    >> for not meeting military medical specifications. Platt says "nutjob". I
    >> have full scoliosis. At that time, 1969, this condition was not allowed. I
    >> know some will come along say otherwise. Yes, it was changed a year later.
    >>
    >> Some other idiot I had battles with was able to acquire my DD214 via the
    >> FOIA. Which he then posted to a throwaway site. Using a magic marker, he
    >> blackened out the single word before "Discharge". Now why would the
    >> military do that? Mr. Platt is just using various words and applying them
    >> to me to fit his agenda, which happens to be trolling.
    >>
    >> I have answered his insane questions several times. He totally ignores the
    >> answers. He just uses the questions over and over again to give his
    >> trolling some weight when he has nothing else to say.
    >>
    >> Now he comes along with new inuendos which he knows he can't back up.
    >> During the week after the holidays, I will make a little trip over to San
    >> Francisco and go knocking on his employers door. We'll see if he's man
    >> enough to go face to face.

    > First off I am not important enough that what my opinion is of you (or
    > anyone) could possibly matter.
    >
    > I don't have a problem with Mr. Platt .
    >
    > But making threats of physical violence are just not a great idea.

    Why is it people assume that a simple statement of knocking on a door is a
    violent threat?
    richard, Dec 16, 2009
  4. richard

    Mara Guest

    On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 19:08:21 -0800, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 20:02:34 -0700, richard <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Why is it people assume that a simple statement of knocking on a door is a
    >>violent threat?

    >"I will make a little trip over to San Francisco and go knocking on
    >his employers door. We'll see if he's man enough to go face to face."
    >
    >No, doesn't sound like a threat at all.

    Never before have I seen someone backpedal so fast they made their tires simply
    disappear. Now if he'd just go wherever they went....

    --
    True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is
    seldom known until it is lost.
    Mara, Dec 16, 2009
  5. richard

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 18:52:24 -0800, nobody > wrote:

    > richard wrote:
    >> As Mr. Platt has been on a rampage lately about my short lived military
    >> life, you can be assured he is nothing more than a damned liar.
    >>
    >> It is true I was only in uniform for 86 days. I will remind others that at
    >> the time there was a heavy draft for the Viet Nam War. I enlisted.
    >> I was discharged, timely at 86 days, because at 91 days, you get benefits,
    >> for not meeting military medical specifications. Platt says "nutjob". I
    >> have full scoliosis. At that time, 1969, this condition was not allowed. I
    >> know some will come along say otherwise. Yes, it was changed a year later.

    > So what is "full" scoliosis? You are either bent or you aren't...
    > (we all know the answer to that one..)
    >
    > Very strange back then ('Nam era) for the military to force someone out
    > on a medical like that, especially a volunteer! That was if you had some
    > qualifications beyond a grunt or cannon-cocker..
    >
    > I was diagnosed with hyperextensible elbows (mistakenly called
    > "double-jointed") in USAF Basic back in 1969.
    >
    > What that means is that I can't do more than 2-3 pushups, no matter what
    > physical condition I'm in. It's due to the way my muscles "wrap around"
    > the bones in my arms. If I hold my arms straight out, I do a good
    > imitation of a seagull taking off.
    >
    > Unca offered me a medical discharge. I didn't take it. They gave me a
    > medical exemption from pushups..
    > 22 years of being able to tell anyone (of any rank) that told me to
    > "drop and give me 25" to go piss up a rope.. priceless!
    >
    > There was one drawback to those elbows tho.. I could get my arms and
    > hands into places no one else could, so guess who got stuck threading
    > coax thru the fuselage in fighter jets...

    Precisely why the rule got changed. A friend of mine's father was an
    attorney who worked for the NLRB. When he found out I had been booted for
    the scoliosis, he said, "What the hell? He's gonna be sitting at a desk for
    four years". So he must have gotten it changed because the next year they
    allowed it.

    My back is so far out of alignment, I can put a 2x4 between a wall and my
    back and never feel the 2x4. I can't do bench presses on my back because it
    hurts good. A few other minor things I can't do but hey, I've never needed
    to do those things either.

    I loved doing pushups during PT because I could piss off the drill
    instructor by keeping pace with him.
    richard, Dec 16, 2009
  6. richard

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 21:17:44 -0600, Mara wrote:

    > On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 19:08:21 -0800, Evan Platt
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 20:02:34 -0700, richard <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>Why is it people assume that a simple statement of knocking on a door is a
    >>>violent threat?

    >>"I will make a little trip over to San Francisco and go knocking on
    >>his employers door. We'll see if he's man enough to go face to face."
    >>
    >>No, doesn't sound like a threat at all.

    > Never before have I seen someone backpedal so fast they made their tires simply
    > disappear. Now if he'd just go wherever they went....

    Humpty dumpty sat on a wall. When he fell, his pieces were put in the
    dumpster and hauled away.
    richard, Dec 16, 2009
  7. richard

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 05:10:49 -0600, The Old Sourdough <> wrote:

    > Mara mumbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 19:08:21 -0800, Evan Platt
    >><> wrote:

    >>>"I will make a little trip over to San Francisco and go knocking on
    >>>his employers door. We'll see if he's man enough to go face to face."
    >>>
    >>>No, doesn't sound like a threat at all.

    >> Never before have I seen someone backpedal so fast they made their tires simply
    >> disappear. Now if he'd just go wherever they went....

    >They probably imploded.......

    I'm surprised he hasn't turned into a black hole yet. After all, the earth can
    only hold so much stupidity....

    Mara, Dec 16, 2009