Ping PCButt1, Ron Martell & (I think) now erased, trout.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by clot, Sep 17, 2005.

  1. clot

    clot Guest

    I thank you for your responses to "Pesky Malware".

    You nagged me into doing something I'd wanted to do but feared, after my
    last try when it wiped out my slave drive!
    I ripped out my second drive, then allowed MS to direct me through
    updating XPHome SP1 to SP2. It took me 4 nights of effort and issues to
    correct, but done without loss of anything to my knowledge to date! It
    was at least 3 evenings before I dared to put the 2nd drive back in!

    Many thanks for "forcing me" to try again to update the system. So far,
    so good! To those who fear doing the same thing, I hope this helps. Also
    you will probably find that if you use OE6 and OE- Quotefix, you need to
    Google to get Quotefix to work.

    My thanks to those who responded and to others reading - I HTH.

    clot, Sep 17, 2005

  2. clot

    pcbutts1 Guest

    You're Welcome.