Ping ~misfit~ Lenovo Laptop identity

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by PeeCee, May 14, 2011.

  1. PeeCee

    PeeCee Guest

    Shaun

    My son just dropped off a Lenovo Laptop for me to sort out.

    However for the life of me I can not find any reference to it on
    Lenovo's website so time to consult the oracle on all things IBM/Lenovo/
    laptops

    The sticker on the bottom says:

    Model SOLEIL E360 (or SOLE1L E360)
    P/N EB031230XL
    W/N E1AACJJH21H

    Seems to have a fair bit of oriental hyroglypics on the bottom
    suggesting it may be an import.

    Any idea's, links?

    Best
    Paul.
    PeeCee, May 14, 2011

  2. PeeCee

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs EMB wrote:
    > On 14/05/2011 11:08 p.m., PeeCee wrote:
    >> Shaun
    >>
    >> My son just dropped off a Lenovo Laptop for me to sort out.
    >>
    >> However for the life of me I can not find any reference to it on
    >> Lenovo's website so time to consult the oracle on all things
    >> IBM/Lenovo/ laptops
    >>
    >> The sticker on the bottom says:
    >>
    >> Model SOLEIL E360 (or SOLE1L E360)
    >> P/N EB031230XL
    >> W/N E1AACJJH21H
    >>
    >> Seems to have a fair bit of oriental hyroglypics on the bottom
    >> suggesting it may be an import.
    >>
    >> Any idea's, links?

    > Without looking for it I think you'll find it is a Lenovo 3000 series
    > of some description. I'd try the Y3xx series drivers. Lenovo's
    > support site, Ideapad laptops, follow your nose.

    Hi Paul,

    EMB's suggestions are good. I'm afraid my expertise is mainly limited to the
    ThinkPad range and then mostly pre-2008.

    That said I have tinkered with a few Lenovo imports but that was a while ago
    now. (Just checked, no bookmarks, sorry.) There were a bunch of laptops made
    for officials at the Bejing Olympics (Olympic rings on lid) and quite a few
    made it here. Finding drivers for those was *very* difficult as they were
    one-offs.

    That said Lenovo's site is usually quite good...

    LOL, I just put 'P/N EB031230XL' into Google and came up with a single
    return, headed "Ping ~misfit~"! This could be trickier than I thought! Heh!
    Searching on 'SOLEIL E360' gives a few hits, with "Ping ~misfit~" being
    second on the list.

    All I can say is good luck my friend, it looks like you may have a hard row
    to hoe.

    Best,
    --
    Shaun.

    into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
    ~misfit~, May 14, 2011

  3. PeeCee

    PeeCee Guest

    Re: Ping ~misfit~ Lenovo Laptop identity - Update

    On 14/05/2011 11:08 p.m., PeeCee wrote:
    > Shaun
    >
    > My son just dropped off a Lenovo Laptop for me to sort out.
    >
    > However for the life of me I can not find any reference to it on
    > Lenovo's website so time to consult the oracle on all things IBM/Lenovo/
    > laptops
    >
    > The sticker on the bottom says:
    >
    > Model SOLEIL E360 (or SOLE1L E360)
    > P/N EB031230XL
    > W/N E1AACJJH21H
    >
    > Seems to have a fair bit of oriental hyroglypics on the bottom
    > suggesting it may be an import.
    >
    > Any idea's, links?
    >
    > Best
    > Paul.

    Rang Lenovo today and spoke to both Thinkpad and Ideapad groups.

    "Neither" were able to find that model/Part no/Serial no/Warranty no.
    on their systems, bugger!

    Have found out the Laptop was purchased overseas 'somewhere' so just
    have to find out where now.

    Best
    Paul.
    PeeCee, May 16, 2011