    displays, the windows xp screen, is a black one, it does not do anything
    after that! any Ideas please, I am lost now, as what to do.

    Janet

    Jan, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Jan

    Jan Guest

    Sorry, its concerning the windows xp computer that I received for my
    daughter ( 6-2-04 )

    Jan, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Hace you installed Windows XP yet or just formatted it. Once its done
    formatting it reboots and installs Windows. Has that happened yet?

    gg pynadnaski, Feb 8, 2004
  4. Jan

    Jan Guest

    At that time yes I had formatted and installed windows, but when it
    rebooted, after the windows screen, it just went to a blank screen, and no
    matter how long I left it, it just stayed like that.
    Tried re-installing again, no go, then when I pressed f8 to get it into safe
    mode I got the option to start in vga mode tried that and don't know how but
    its working!!!!
    just on trying everything now to make sure it works properly
    Thanks for your help
    Janet

    Jan, Feb 8, 2004
  5. Jan

    Vince Slevin Guest

    Oh, turn on the computer while tapping F8 and then go into safe mode from
    that menu. Then right click on My Computer>properties>hardware>device
    manager then click on the plus next to display adapters and disable the
    device. I had the same problem before. This should work.

    Vince Slevin, Feb 8, 2004
  6. Jan

    Jan Guest

    Sorry for the delay, had problems with my computer now, all sorted now thank
    goodness.
    Thank you very much yes it worked it was the display.
    Thanks again
    Janet

    Jan, Feb 15, 2004