Ping Ed Mullen (Mozilla temp Int files)

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Loka-Moshin, Nov 5, 2007.

  1. Loka-Moshin

    Loka-Moshin Guest

    Loka-Moshin wrote:

    > "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo"
    > <> wrote in message
    >> Loka-Moshin wrote:
    >>> "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo"
    >>> <> wrote in message

    >>> Sorry but that took me to a website and not my Temporary Interner
    >>> files list = http://www.cache.com/cache/control/main which sells
    >>> clothing. about:cache to me to list of some kind with no way to
    >>> delete those I wanted to delete. How are they deleted from this odd
    >>> looking list?

    >> try again. Its:
    >>
    >> about:cache?device=disk
    >>
    >> there is no 'http' and there is no 'www' in it.

    > OK... got there but this is not like the list in MSIE as you cannot
    > remove those you want to remove. There is no option to delete them....
    > where are they found listed in WE so some can be manually deleted and
    > others left?
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application
    > Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\uby8hjsk.default\Cache
    >
    > If I follow the above path it leads to a *cache* with NO LIST of the
    > temporary files as in MSIE, just some strange numbers. Where is that
    > list to be found?
    >

    >> --
    >> *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but messages emailed to me will be
    >> disregarded!!!!
    >>
    >> Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    >> http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Those files in that directory ARE the cached or, in IE parlance, the
    temporary internet files. For a variety of reasons the files are stored
    using indexed names instead of the actual filenames downloaded from the
    Internet. You can certainly delete them individually from within
    Windows Explorer.

    If you want to read more:

    http://www.google.com/search?query=firefox cache files&num=50

    Sorry but I couldn't find any information at that URL as to how to delete
    them individually. Is there a specific post there or URL explaining how to
    do it? Typing in about:cache doesn't bring them up.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Loka-Moshin, Nov 5, 2007

  2. Loka-Moshin

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Loka-Moshin wrote:
    > Loka-Moshin wrote:
    >>
    >> "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo"
    >> <> wrote in message

    >>> try again. Its:
    >>>
    >>> about:cache?device=disk
    >>>
    >>> there is no 'http' and there is no 'www' in it.

    >> OK... got there but this is not like the list in MSIE as you cannot
    >> remove those you want to remove. There is no option to delete them....
    >> where are they found listed in WE so some can be manually deleted and
    >> others left?
    >>
    >> C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application
    >> Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\uby8hjsk.default\Cache
    >>
    >> If I follow the above path it leads to a *cache* with NO LIST of the
    >> temporary files as in MSIE, just some strange numbers. Where is that
    >> list to be found?
    >>

    >>> --
    >>> *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but messages emailed to me will be
    >>> disregarded!!!!
    >>>
    >>> Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    >>> http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    > Those files in that directory ARE the cached or, in IE parlance, the
    > temporary internet files. For a variety of reasons the files are stored
    > using indexed names instead of the actual filenames downloaded from the
    > Internet. You can certainly delete them individually from within
    > Windows Explorer.
    >
    > If you want to read more:
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?query=firefox cache files&num=50
    >
    > Sorry but I couldn't find any information at that URL as to how to
    > delete them individually. Is there a specific post there or URL
    > explaining how to do it? Typing in about:cache doesn't bring them up.

    If you use Windows Explorer to view the files in the cache folder, you
    can do anything to them that you can do to ANY file on your hard drive
    using Windows Explorer: Copy, Paste, Delete, Move etc.

    The challenge is in figuring out what file is what. Hence my
    references and statements about how Firefox/Mozilla names and stores the
    cached files.

    What exactly is it that you don't understand about this?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Nov 6, 2007