    Not sure if the 2 are connected.

    Cheers
    nilotic

    nilotic, Oct 9, 2003

  2. nilotic

    Brian H¹© Guest

    nilotic said:

    > Hi all
    >
    > I have zone alarm installed to protect my broadband connection but lately,
    > the las couple of days, I am being bombarded by Ping
    > requests from various ips (all starting 82.**.**.**). Ran ad aware to to see

    Have you noticed that they are all from your own ISP's accounts?

    > if there were any malicious progs running but
    > nothing obvious.
    > Does anyone know what may be causing this or has had this problem b4.

    Yes, it all started a few weeks ago when someone decided to try to take out MS
    server(s)
    It was on the news, in the papers, and all over the net.

    > Incidentally, since this started happening I can no longer connect to any
    > game servers on Gamespy (medal of honour).

    Yep, it's main intention is to disrupt the net.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 9, 2003

  3. nilotic

    SD Guest

    possibly the welchia virus. Do a virus check of your machine...

    SD, Oct 9, 2003
  4. nilotic

    nilotic Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > nilotic said:
    >
    > > Ok, bear with me cos I'm a bit of a noob at this...are you saying that I

    have the MSBlaster virus or that it's the Blaster virus in
    general(around the world) that is causing this.

    Cheers(Told u I was a noob ) nilotic

    nilotic, Oct 9, 2003
  5. nilotic

    Brian H¹© Guest

    nilotic said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> nilotic said:
    >>
    >>> Ok, bear with me cos I'm a bit of a noob at this...are you saying that I

    > have the MSBlaster virus or that it's the Blaster virus in
    > general(around the world) that is causing this.
    >
    > Cheers(Told u I was a noob ) nilotic

    If it is bouncing off of your firewall, then your firewall is doing it's job in
    protecting you.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 9, 2003
  6. nilotic

    Brian H¹© Guest

    nilotic said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> nilotic said:
    >>
    >>> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >>> have the MSBlaster virus or that it's the Blaster virus in
    >>> general(around the world) that is causing this.
    >>>
    >>> Cheers(Told u I was a noob ) nilotic

    >> If it is bouncing off of your firewall, then your firewall is doing it's job
    >> in protecting you.

    > Hi Brian
    >
    > Thnx for the info...much appreciated
    >
    > nilotic

    YW :)

    Brian H¹©, Oct 9, 2003
  7. nilotic

    nilotic Guest

    nilotic, Oct 9, 2003
  8. nilotic

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 21:36:37 GMT, nilotic wrote:

    >Hi all
    >
    >I have zone alarm installed to protect my broadband connection but lately,
    >the las couple of days, I am being bombarded by Ping

    Have you not looked at your ISPs groups, where possibly this is
    discussed. Ping's only is a bit odd, but I don't know how ZA would
    report what is currently going on on the BY network.

    You could turn off the popups, and leave logging on, this is ZA simply
    doing it's job.

    >requests from various ips (all starting 82.**.**.**). Ran ad aware to to see

    82 on it's own is a bit vague.

    Since mid Aug, the 82 range has been swamped by continous ARPs, in IP
    sequence like 82.x.x.1 - 82.x.x.2 - 82.x.x.3 etc. The CM activity LED
    has been almost constantly on.

    These can be seen on a DMZ PC (connected to the CM via a hub) but are
    blocked by my router. The firewalls on the PCs just don't see that
    traffic which is nice having 2 levels of filtering, several hours of
    packet scans showed no sign of ping request/reply sequences.

    Part of the issue IIRC, from reading BY posts is, most users moved to
    the 82 range but the abuse scanner system was not configured for the 82
    range. When I was on the 62 or 80 IPs every so often the abuse scanner
    checked for open ports and BY took action to stop use of unprotected /
    open servers running.

    >if there were any malicious progs running but
    >nothing obvious.

    Depends if the direcion was outgoing or incoming.

    >Does anyone know what may be causing this or has had this problem b4.

    BY groups

    blueyonder.discussion.hi-speed
    blueyonder.games.general
    blueyonder.users.security
    blueyonder.users.self-help

    >Incidentally, since this started happening I can no longer connect to any
    >game servers on Gamespy (medal of honour).
    >Not sure if the 2 are connected.

    So you could connect before ZA was installed? ZA has been on a while or
    just since you could not connect to the game? Maybe you need to tell ZA
    to allow open ports for the game,
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/app_port_list.htm

    Me

    why?, Oct 10, 2003