    us guess who shot the image. The mandate would be "open".

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, May 19, 2013

  2. Tony Cooper

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Sat, 18 May 2013 23:04:20 -0700, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >On 2013-05-18 22:51:51 -0700, Tony Cooper <> said:
    >
    >> For the anniversary SI, how about "Who Shot This?"
    >>
    >> Post the submissions without any identification of the shooter and let
    >> us guess who shot the image. The mandate would be "open".

    >Then I guess EXIF should be stripped, little personalizing devices such
    >as my "frames" should be omitted, and the "Big Giant Head" should be
    >excluded from the guessing game as he would be privy to the shooters'
    >IDs.

    Well, the suggestion is not all that interesting but it is something
    different. If it requires too much extra effort on Bowser's part, I'd
    scrap it.

    The SI isn't that serious a competition and very few people make
    comments, so it shouldn't be a complicated thing.

    Another suggestion is "My area" with the mandate being a photograph of
    something that represents the area in which the person lives. Not
    like the pin thing, but a recognizable feature even if it takes some
    thinking about how it indicates the area. Like this:

    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Photography/Miscellanea/i-Nn4QPgk/0/XL/2013-04-28-2-XL.jpg

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, May 19, 2013

  3. Tony Cooper

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Mon, 20 May 2013 10:14:49 +1200, Eric Stevens
    <> wrote:

    >rOn Sun, 19 May 2013 09:58:45 -0400, Tony Cooper
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 18 May 2013 23:04:20 -0700, Savageduck
    >><savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >>>Then I guess EXIF should be stripped, little personalizing devices such
    >>>as my "frames" should be omitted, and the "Big Giant Head" should be
    >>>excluded from the guessing game as he would be privy to the shooters'
    >>>IDs.

    >>Well, the suggestion is not all that interesting but it is something
    >>different. If it requires too much extra effort on Bowser's part, I'd
    >>scrap it.
    >>
    >>The SI isn't that serious a competition and very few people make
    >>comments, so it shouldn't be a complicated thing.
    >>
    >>Another suggestion is "My area" with the mandate being a photograph of
    >>something that represents the area in which the person lives. Not
    >>like the pin thing, but a recognizable feature even if it takes some
    >>thinking about how it indicates the area. Like this:
    >>
    >>http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Photography/Miscellanea/i-Nn4QPgk/0/XL/2013-04-28-2-XL.jpg

    >Rather parochial, that one. I suspect that most of us have never seen
    >anything like that and have very little idea of how to establish what
    >and where it is (Unless of course its Disneyland?).

    It could be, but it isn't. Disneyland is in Anaheim, California.
    Disney World is in the Orlando, Florida area.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, May 20, 2013
  4. Tony Cooper

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Mon, 20 May 2013 08:31:54 -0400, Bowser <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 19 May 2013 01:51:51 -0400, Tony Cooper
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>For the anniversary SI, how about "Who Shot This?"
    >>
    >>Post the submissions without any identification of the shooter and let
    >>us guess who shot the image. The mandate would be "open".

    >I tend to agree that this mandate kind of excludes newcomers. I'm
    >leaning towards a simple "Ten" as the mandate to see what
    >intrepertations come in.

    Send an image to Wolfgang of you leaning. If you are leaning enough,
    he can rotate the image with his handy-dandy app and make you upright
    again.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, May 20, 2013
  5. Tony Cooper

    Robert Coe Guest

    : <> wrote:
    :
    : >On Sat, 18 May 2013 23:04:20 -0700, Savageduck
    : ><savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    : >
    : >>On 2013-05-18 22:51:51 -0700, Tony Cooper <> said:
    : >>
    : >>> For the anniversary SI, how about "Who Shot This?"
    : >>>
[...]

    It's a support tower for a 3-phase transmission line (two of them,
    apparently), made up to look like Mickey Mouse. Anybody can see that! ;^)

    Bob
    Robert Coe, May 24, 2013
  6. Tony Cooper

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Sat, 25 May 2013 11:55:27 +1200, Eric Stevens
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 24 May 2013 17:20:04 -0400, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 20 May 2013 10:14:49 +1200, Eric Stevens <>
    >>wrote:
    >>: rOn Sun, 19 May 2013 09:58:45 -0400, Tony Cooper
    >>: <> wrote:
    >>:
    >>: >On Sat, 18 May 2013 23:04:20 -0700, Savageduck
    >>: ><savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >>: >
    >>: >>On 2013-05-18 22:51:51 -0700, Tony Cooper <> said:
    >>: >>
    >>: >>> For the anniversary SI, how about "Who Shot This?"
    >>: >>>
    >>: >>> Post the submissions without any identification of the shooter and let
    >>: >>> us guess who shot the image. The mandate would be "open".
    >>: >>
    >>: >>Then I guess EXIF should be stripped, little personalizing devices such
    >>: >>as my "frames" should be omitted, and the "Big Giant Head" should be
    >>: >>excluded from the guessing game as he would be privy to the shooters'
    >>: >>IDs.
    >>: >
    >>: >Well, the suggestion is not all that interesting but it is something
    >>: >different. If it requires too much extra effort on Bowser's part, I'd
    >>: >scrap it.
    >>: >
    >>: >The SI isn't that serious a competition and very few people make
    >>: >comments, so it shouldn't be a complicated thing.
    >>: >
    >>: >Another suggestion is "My area" with the mandate being a photograph of
    >>: >something that represents the area in which the person lives. Not
    >>: >like the pin thing, but a recognizable feature even if it takes some
    >>: >thinking about how it indicates the area. Like this:
    >>: >
    >>: >http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Photography/Miscellanea/i-Nn4QPgk/0/XL/2013-04-28-2-XL.jpg
    >>:
    >>: Rather parochial, that one. I suspect that most of us have never seen
    >>: anything like that and have very little idea of how to establish what
    >>: and where it is (Unless of course its Disneyland?).
    >>
    >>It's a support tower for a 3-phase transmission line (two of them,
    >>apparently), made up to look like Mickey Mouse. Anybody can see that! ;^)
    >>

    >I succeeded in working that out but how that gives me a clue as to the
    >area which this represents defeats me.

    Well, I post with a sig line that says that I live in Orlando,
    Florida, and Disney World is in the Orlando, Florida area. That could
    provide a clue why this was selected as a photograph of "My area".

    Of course, if you have never heard of Disney World, or of Orlando,
    then you remain clueless. That's entirely possible, I know.

    I would recognize this as a "My area" shot for you:

    http://hizirikawasama.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/185706-sky-tower-auckland-new-zealand.jpg

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, May 25, 2013
  7. Tony Cooper

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Sat, 25 May 2013 17:02:02 +1200, Eric Stevens
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 24 May 2013 23:00:53 -0400, Tony Cooper
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 25 May 2013 11:55:27 +1200, Eric Stevens
    >><> wrote:

    >>>I succeeded in working that out but how that gives me a clue as to the
    >>>area which this represents defeats me.

    >>Well, I post with a sig line that says that I live in Orlando,
    >>Florida, and Disney World is in the Orlando, Florida area. That could
    >>provide a clue why this was selected as a photograph of "My area".
    >>
    >>Of course, if you have never heard of Disney World, or of Orlando,
    >>then you remain clueless. That's entirely possible, I know.
    >>
    >>I would recognize this as a "My area" shot for you:
    >>
    >>http://hizirikawasama.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/185706-sky-tower-auckland-new-zealand.jpg

    >Why bother with the pictures?
    >
    >Just put up the file names and the sigs. :)

    The image of the Mickey Mouse ears is one that I took and uses the
    file name I assigned to the image. The Sky Tower image is an Internet
    grab and uses the file name assigned to it. If some mystery is to be
    retained, the file name could be changed.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando FL
    Tony Cooper, May 25, 2013
  8. Tony Cooper

    PeterN Guest

    On 5/24/2013 11:00 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
    > On Sat, 25 May 2013 11:55:27 +1200, Eric Stevens
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 24 May 2013 17:20:04 -0400, Robert Coe <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Mon, 20 May 2013 10:14:49 +1200, Eric Stevens <>
    >>> wrote:
    >>> : rOn Sun, 19 May 2013 09:58:45 -0400, Tony Cooper
    >>> : <> wrote:
    >>> :
    >>> : >On Sat, 18 May 2013 23:04:20 -0700, Savageduck
    >>> : ><savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >>> : >
    >>> : >>On 2013-05-18 22:51:51 -0700, Tony Cooper <> said:
    >>> : >>
    >>> : >>> For the anniversary SI, how about "Who Shot This?"
    >>> : >>>
    >>> : >>> Post the submissions without any identification of the shooter and let
    >>> : >>> us guess who shot the image. The mandate would be "open".
    >>> : >>
    >>> : >>Then I guess EXIF should be stripped, little personalizing devices such
    >>> : >>as my "frames" should be omitted, and the "Big Giant Head" should be
    >>> : >>excluded from the guessing game as he would be privy to the shooters'
    >>> : >>IDs.
    >>> : >
    >>> : >Well, the suggestion is not all that interesting but it is something
    >>> : >different. If it requires too much extra effort on Bowser's part, I'd
    >>> : >scrap it.
    >>> : >
    >>> : >The SI isn't that serious a competition and very few people make
    >>> : >comments, so it shouldn't be a complicated thing.
    >>> : >
    >>> : >Another suggestion is "My area" with the mandate being a photograph of
    >>> : >something that represents the area in which the person lives. Not
    >>> : >like the pin thing, but a recognizable feature even if it takes some
    >>> : >thinking about how it indicates the area. Like this:
    >>> : >
    >>> : >http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Photography/Miscellanea/i-Nn4QPgk/0/XL/2013-04-28-2-XL.jpg
    >>> :
    >>> : Rather parochial, that one. I suspect that most of us have never seen
    >>> : anything like that and have very little idea of how to establish what
    >>> : and where it is (Unless of course its Disneyland?).
    >>>
    >>> It's a support tower for a 3-phase transmission line (two of them,
    >>> apparently), made up to look like Mickey Mouse. Anybody can see that! ;^)
    >>>

    >> I succeeded in working that out but how that gives me a clue as to the
    >> area which this represents defeats me.

    > Well, I post with a sig line that says that I live in Orlando,
    > Florida, and Disney World is in the Orlando, Florida area. That could
    > provide a clue why this was selected as a photograph of "My area".
    >
    > Of course, if you have never heard of Disney World, or of Orlando,
    > then you remain clueless. That's entirely possible, I know.
    >
    > I would recognize this as a "My area" shot for you:
    >
    > http://hizirikawasama.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/185706-sky-tower-auckland-new-zealand.jpg

    My guess is that Eric doesn't have an ear for seeing.

    --
    PeterN
    PeterN, May 25, 2013