    MCNGP #26
    Sometimes, I feel that www.mcngp.com isn't treating me with the respect I
    deserve.

    Briscobar, Nov 1, 2005

  2. Briscobar

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >If you could just see to it that Moderator and loyola see slow and painful
    >deaths, we'll all be extra grateful.

    Do you mean Moderator.co.uk or Moderator.com????

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 1, 2005

  3. Briscobar

    Frisbee® Guest

    Re: Ben Smith

    "Briscobar" <> wrote in message
    > Yeah, I pinged you. But it's urgent. Please see all the braindump ads in
    > this here chat rum for evidence of urgency in my pinginess.
    >
    > If you could just see to it that Moderator and loyola see slow and painful
    > deaths, we'll all be extra grateful.

    I've already communicated this to Ben via IM. He said he'd look into it,
    I'm sure he's a busy man.

    Frisbee®, Nov 1, 2005
  4. Briscobar

    Briscobar Guest

    Kline Sphere <.@> rambled:

    >> If you could just see to it that Moderator and loyola see slow and
    >> painful deaths, we'll all be extra grateful.

    > Do you mean Moderator.co.uk or Moderator.com????
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    the best for moderator

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    Last one to www.mcngp.com is a rotten egg!

    Briscobar, Nov 1, 2005
  5. Briscobar

    Ben Smith Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Yeah, I pinged you. But it's urgent. Please see all the braindump ads in
    > this here chat rum for evidence of urgency in my pinginess.
    >
    > If you could just see to it that Moderator and loyola see slow and painful
    > deaths, we'll all be extra grateful.
    >
    > --
    > KB
    >
    > MCNGP #26
    > Sometimes, I feel that www.mcngp.com isn't treating me with the respect I
    > deserve.

    Unfortunately there is not a lot that can be done about it, short of
    deleting individual posts. I could envision some software that could
    detect and prevent this, but that is not what MS pays me to do.

    Ben Smith, Nov 1, 2005
  6. Briscobar

    Jtyc Guest

    > I could envision some software that could
    > detect and prevent this

    Do you know of a company that could write some software for this?

    *giggles to himself*

    Jtyc, Nov 1, 2005
  7. Briscobar

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Ben Smith spewed across the ether:

    > Unfortunately there is not a lot that can be done about it, short of
    > deleting individual posts. I could envision some software that could
    > detect and prevent this, but that is not what MS pays me to do.

    ??? Can't they be shut down? They have got to be in violation of several
    levels of TOS. Neither Yahoo nor Google nor their ISP will do anything when
    I complain, believe me I have, many times, but you'd think they would if MS
    did.

    --
    JaR
    *Remove hat to reply

    JaR, Nov 1, 2005
  8. Briscobar

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Ben Smith" <> wrote in message

    > Unfortunately there is not a lot that can be done about it, short of
    > deleting individual posts. I could envision some software that could
    > detect and prevent this, but that is not what MS pays me to do.

    How about this simple solution: MS already has filters for profanity. Why
    is it that posters are allowed to say "test king" or "testking" but other
    profanities are not allowed? To me, those two variations are profanity of
    the worst kind, and I think they should be included in the filters.

    Would that fly?

    Frisbee®, Nov 1, 2005
  9. Briscobar

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jtyc spewed across the ether:

    > Do you know of a company that could write some software for this?
    >

    > *giggles to himself*

    Oooh, that was BAD!

    *bursts right out laughing*

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110
    >could you explain the steps to add the DC that you took?

    Sure,
    1 - I posted question here.....(Kline Sphere, in mpcemcse)

    JaR, Nov 1, 2005
  10. Briscobar

    Frisbee® Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Ben Smith spewed across the ether:
    >
    >> Unfortunately there is not a lot that can be done about it, short of
    >> deleting individual posts. I could envision some software that could
    >> detect and prevent this, but that is not what MS pays me to do.

    > ??? Can't they be shut down? They have got to be in violation of several
    > levels of TOS. Neither Yahoo nor Google nor their ISP will do anything
    > when
    > I complain, believe me I have, many times, but you'd think they would if
    > MS
    > did.

    I would imagine that MS can't directly stop them posting any more than they
    can shut them down, because they're overseas. If they used my method
    suggested another message, however, they could at least make it difficult
    for them. As they attempt to morph their phrases to sell their illegal
    wares, we just carefully select the common thread (words) and add them to
    the filters. Carefully, of course, because we don't want to exclude
    legitimate words, but banning "test king" and "testking" would be a start.
    We could not, however, ban "updates" heh.

    Frisbee®, Nov 1, 2005
  11. Briscobar

    Jtyc Guest

    Jtyc, Nov 1, 2005
  12. Briscobar

    Consultant Guest

    no, because MS gets kick backs from these companies

    Consultant, Nov 1, 2005
  13. Briscobar

    kpg Guest

    Frisbee® <> said something like

    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\176317.htm (11/1/2005
    > 3:22:19 PM) # "JaR" <> wrote in message
    >> In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Ben Smith spewed across the
    >> ether:
    >>
    >>> Unfortunately there is not a lot that can be done about it, short of
    >>> deleting individual posts. I could envision some software that could
    >>> detect and prevent this, but that is not what MS pays me to do.

    >> ??? Can't they be shut down? They have got to be in violation of
    >> several levels of TOS. Neither Yahoo nor Google nor their ISP will do
    >> anything when
    >> I complain, believe me I have, many times, but you'd think they would
    >> if MS
    >> did.

    > I would imagine that MS can't directly stop them posting any more than
    > they can shut them down, because they're overseas. If they used my
    > method suggested another message, however, they could at least make it
    > difficult for them. As they attempt to morph their phrases to sell
    > their illegal wares, we just carefully select the common thread
    > (words) and add them to the filters. Carefully, of course, because we
    > don't want to exclude legitimate words, but banning "test king" and
    > "testking" would be a start. We could not, however, ban "updates" heh.

    I can see legal issues here.

    If you discriminate against a company for *alleged* illegal activity
    I think that is a problem.

    Maybe I should call my lawyer.

    On second thought, no.

    kpg, Nov 1, 2005
  14. Briscobar

    Frisbee® Guest

    "kpg" <ipost@thereforeiam> wrote in message
    > Frisbee® <> said something like
    >
    >> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\176317.htm (11/1/2005
    >> 3:22:19 PM) # "JaR" <> wrote in message
    >>> In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Ben Smith spewed across the
    >>> ether:

    >>> ??? Can't they be shut down? They have got to be in violation of
    >>> several levels of TOS. Neither Yahoo nor Google nor their ISP will do
    >>> anything when
    >>> I complain, believe me I have, many times, but you'd think they would
    >>> if MS
    >>> did.

    >> I would imagine that MS can't directly stop them posting any more than
    >> they can shut them down, because they're overseas. If they used my
    >> method suggested another message, however, they could at least make it
    >> difficult for them. As they attempt to morph their phrases to sell
    >> their illegal wares, we just carefully select the common thread
    >> (words) and add them to the filters. Carefully, of course, because we
    >> don't want to exclude legitimate words, but banning "test king" and
    >> "testking" would be a start. We could not, however, ban "updates" heh.

    > I can see legal issues here.
    >
    > If you discriminate against a company for *alleged* illegal activity
    > I think that is a problem.

    I seriously doubt that there would be legal issues. Microsoft owns the news
    servers. While they cannot moderate what gets posted on USENET they can
    certainly decided what is acceptable to be posted on their own news servers.

    Frisbee®, Nov 1, 2005
  15. Briscobar

    kpg Guest

    I have the *perfect* solution.

    MS sould buy them out (like they do with all their competition)
    but then they keep it running under the TK name but give out
    wrong answers to all the questions. They could even embed a
    pattern in the wrong answers so if they see this pattern show
    up on a test they will know this person cheated.

    kpg, Nov 1, 2005
  16. Briscobar

    Briscobar Guest

    Ben Smith <> rambled:

    > Unfortunately there is not a lot that can be done about it, short of
    > deleting individual posts. I could envision some software that could
    > detect and prevent this, but that is not what MS pays me to do.

    Fair enough. Thank you.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com will kill you! No, not! Only kidding!

    Briscobar, Nov 1, 2005
  17. Briscobar

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jtyc spewed across the ether:

    > Is this you? http://ualuealuealeuale.ytmnd.com/ (headphones
    > required)

    No.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Nov 1, 2005
  18. Briscobar

    Consultant Guest

    Consultant, Nov 1, 2005
  19. Briscobar

    JaR Guest

    JaR, Nov 1, 2005
  20. Briscobar

    Jtyc Guest

    >I did find a pic of you and Jtyc,
    > however:

    There's a simple explanation for that...

    *starts sweating*

    Jtyc, Nov 1, 2005