    calculating exposure times etc.

    Also, what items did you use for the camera?

    Mike

    mike, Aug 8, 2006

  2. mike

    Paul Heslop Guest

    mike wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I am interested in Pin-hole photography.
    >
    > Has anyone got some first-hand information on how to get good results,
    > calculating exposure times etc.
    >
    > Also, what items did you use for the camera?
    >
    > Mike

    digital pinhole photography? New one on me :O)

    --
    Paul (Neurotic to the bone No doubt about it)
    Stop and Look

    Paul Heslop, Aug 8, 2006

  3. mike

    Neil Guest

    In message <>, Paul Heslop
    <> writes
    >mike wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I am interested in Pin-hole photography.
    >>
    >> Has anyone got some first-hand information on how to get good results,
    >> calculating exposure times etc.
    >>
    >> Also, what items did you use for the camera?
    >>
    >> Mike

    >digital pinhole photography? New one on me :O)

    <Http://www.dennisonbertram.com/hackmaster/2005/02/digital-pinhole-lens.h
    tm>

    http://www.camerahacker.com/EOS_Pin-Hole_Lens/index.shtml

    http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/article_pages/Canon_1ds_pinhole.html

    Regards
    --
    Neil Pugh

    Neil, Aug 8, 2006
  4. Paul Heslop wrote:
    > mike wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I am interested in Pin-hole photography.
    >>
    >> Has anyone got some first-hand information on how to get good results,
    >> calculating exposure times etc.
    >>
    >> Also, what items did you use for the camera?
    >>
    >> Mike

    > digital pinhole photography? New one on me :O)

    Digital pinhole is quite possible. With a digital SLR take a bodycap,
    drill a nice large hole in the center, cover in aluminum foil or brass
    shim stock or whatever you are using, with an appropriate pinhole and
    off you go.

    --
    Wayne J. Cosshall

    Wayne J. Cosshall, Aug 8, 2006
  5. mike

    kctan Guest

    I don't understand you. I wonder what to capture on the tiny chip?

    kctan, Aug 8, 2006
  6. mike

    bugbear Guest

    kctan wrote:
    > I don't understand you. I wonder what to capture on the tiny chip?

    read the other posts.

    BugBear

    bugbear, Aug 8, 2006
  7. mike

    Jock Guest

    Mike,
    Have a dig around here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/pinholers/
    Some amazing stuff there.
    Jock

    Jock, Aug 8, 2006
  8. mike

    Guest

    mike wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am interested in Pin-hole photography.
    >
    > Has anyone got some first-hand information on how to get good results,
    > calculating exposure times etc.
    >
    > Also, what items did you use for the camera?
    >
    > Mike

    Many good suggestions already on making a lens. For exposure, try to
    estimate the f/#. If you use a pin or something, measure diameter of
    pin with calipers or something. The "focal length" will be the
    distance of the pinhole from chip. Estimate. The ratio is the f/#.

    Figure out how many "stops" that is from some reference aperture, say
    f/8. Now meter with a regular lens and find shutter speed at f/8. Now
    double the exposure for each stop away from f/8. Since you've done
    some estimating, this is only a starting place, and you may need to
    bracket a bit from that starting spot.

    , Aug 8, 2006
  9. mike

    bugbear Guest

    wrote:

    > Many good suggestions already on making a lens. For exposure, try to
    > estimate the f/#. If you use a pin or something, measure diameter of
    > pin with calipers or something. The "focal length" will be the
    > distance of the pinhole from chip. Estimate. The ratio is the f/#.
    >
    > Figure out how many "stops" that is from some reference aperture, say
    > f/8. Now meter with a regular lens and find shutter speed at f/8. Now
    > double the exposure for each stop away from f/8. Since you've done
    > some estimating, this is only a starting place, and you may need to
    > bracket a bit from that starting spot.

    All good stuff - if one were using film.

    If one is lazy, and has more time than brain,
    simple trial and error, via the cameras (I hope)
    built in histogram display will also
    get you there :)

    BugBear

    bugbear, Aug 8, 2006
  10. mike

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Neil wrote:

    > In message <>, Paul Heslop
    > <> writes
    > >mike wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Hi
    > >>
    > >> I am interested in Pin-hole photography.
    > >>
    > >> Has anyone got some first-hand information on how to get good results,
    > >> calculating exposure times etc.
    > >>
    > >> Also, what items did you use for the camera?
    > >>
    > >> Mike

    > >digital pinhole photography? New one on me :O)
    > >

    > <Http://www.dennisonbertram.com/hackmaster/2005/02/digital-pinhole-lens.h
    > tm>

    Hah, I'll give you that, though it's hardly a cardboard box :O)

    Paul Heslop, Aug 8, 2006
  11. mike

    Paul Heslop Guest

    "Wayne J. Cosshall" wrote:

    > Paul Heslop wrote:
    > > mike wrote:
    > >> Hi
    > >>
    > >> I am interested in Pin-hole photography.
    > >>
    > >> Has anyone got some first-hand information on how to get good results,
    > >> calculating exposure times etc.
    > >>
    > >> Also, what items did you use for the camera?
    > >>
    > >> Mike

    > > digital pinhole photography? New one on me :O)
    > >

    > Digital pinhole is quite possible. With a digital SLR take a bodycap,
    > drill a nice large hole in the center, cover in aluminum foil or brass
    > shim stock or whatever you are using, with an appropriate pinhole and
    > off you go.

    THIS is a pinhole camera :O)

    http://www.zeroimage.com/freeproject/oatmeal/oatmealcan.html

    Paul Heslop, Aug 8, 2006