PIMSM:Which Cisco IOS sends PIM register messages with checksum ONLY over the PIM header?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Farida, Oct 26, 2004.

  1. Farida

    Farida Guest

    Hi,
    The Standard Cisco IOS (12.0,12.18, etc) send/accept PIM register
    messages with the checksum calculated over the entire the packet.
    Cisco IOS XR software sends/accepts register messages with checksum on
    the (PIM) header and only the next 4 bytes rather than using the
    Cisco IOS method. IOS XR also provides "old-register-checksum" command
    to generate registers compatible with Cisco IOS software.
    However the IOS XR is for Cisco CRS-1 systems.
    Problem:
    I have non-cisco routers that send/accept PIM register messages with
    the checksum calculated over the pim header only. I need to
    inter-operate these with the Cisco routers Catalyst 2948 and a 3750.
    Is there a Cisco IOS that does PIMSM register messages like the IOS
    XR, but is compatible for the 2948 or the 3750 platforms ?

    Thank you,
    Farida

    Farida, Oct 26, 2004