    PCLogger is a Win32 shareware application.

    Please try it at

    http://www.soft-trek.com.au/prjPCLogger.asp

    ry@DundasValley, Sep 19, 2003

  2. ry@DundasValley

    Pete Guest

    ry@DundasValley wrote:

    > PCLogger - companion to a good anti-virus software
    >
    > PCLogger tracks (at realtime) and logs software installations and
    > removals. Audible alarm to alert you of any changes (solicited or
    > unsolicited) thus keeping you informed at all times of what is
    > happening to your PC. Output log file is CSV format providing useful
    > input for your asset management/inventory system or your PC
    > diagnostics.
    >
    > PCLogger is a Win32 shareware application.

    A (free) alternative to this would be Kerio Personal Firewall
    (http://www.kerio.com) that uses MD5 hashes on all installed programs, and
    warns you the minute they change. This also includes important system files
    too.

    Regards,

    Pete.

    Pete, Sep 19, 2003

  3. Re: Peace of mind to anyone who wishes to know if there are any installations happening behind your back

    PCLogger - companion to a good anti-virus software

    PCLogger tracks and logs software installations and removals while
    keeping a good record of the Audit Trail in a log file. Audible alarm
    to alert you of any changes (solicited or unsolicited) thus keeping
    you informed at all times of what is happening to your PC. Output log
    file is CSV format providing useful input for your asset
    management/inventory system or your PC diagnostics.

    Latest - version 2.3
    o - Tracks standard installations and removals
    o - Tracks NT service installations and removals
    o - Tracks ActiveX registrations and deregistrations
    o - Tracks changes to Auto Startup settings
    o - Tracks changes to Winlogon settings
    o - Tracks changes to scheduler settings (both AT and task scheduler)
    o - Added silence to Audible alarms (for 1 hour)
    o - Added tracking of file associations changes (*new*)
    o - Added tracking of network shares changes (*new*)

    Please try PCLogger (shareware) at

    http://www.soft-trek.com.au/prjPCLogger.asp
    http://www.soft-trek.com.au/pclogger.zip (the file location)

    ry@DundasValley, Oct 3, 2003
  4. ry@DundasValley, Oct 12, 2003
  5. ry@DundasValley

    Colin Wilson Guest

    Re: PCLogger awarded top score of 5 stars (Shareware)

    > > PCLogger - companion to a good anti-virus software
    > Please try PCLogger at
    > http://www.soft-trek.com.au/prjPCLogger.asp
    > http://www.soft-trek.com.au/pclogger.zip (the file location)

    I`d much prefer to see an independant review in the computer press first

    Colin Wilson, Oct 13, 2003
  6. ry@DundasValley

    fn0rd Guest

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 15:40:04 -0700, ry@DundasValley wrote:

    > (ry@DundasValley) wrote in message news:<>...
    >> PCLogger - companion to a good anti-virus software

    > Please try PCLogger at
    > http://www.soft-trek.com.au/prjPCLogger.asp
    > http://www.soft-trek.com.au/pclogger.zip (the file location)

    Sorry, I have a policy of never using any product that uses spam methods
    for marketing regardless of how good or useful it may be (or any product
    from companies that have used spam advertising).

    fn0rd, Oct 13, 2003
  7. Re: Peace of mind to anyone who wishes to know if there are any installations happening behind your back

    Latest - version 2.4e

    o - Tracks standard installations and removals
    o - Tracks NT service installations and removals
    o - Tracks ActiveX registrations and deregistrations
    o - Tracks changes to Auto Startup settings
    o - Tracks changes to Winlogon settings
    o - Tracks changes to scheduler settings (both AT and task scheduler)
    o - Added silence to Audible alarms (for 1 hour)
    o - Added tracking of file associations changes
    o - Added tracking of network shares changes
    o - Tracks policy changes to Explorer,Network,System,Comdlg32 (*new*)
    o - Added quick link to support email (*new*)
    o - Added quick link to web home page (*new*)
    o - Changed better tooltip message (*new*)

    Please try PCLogger(1) at

    http://www.soft-trek.com.au/prjPCLogger.asp
    http://www.soft-trek.com.au/pclogger.zip (the file location)

    Note1: PC Logger is a Win32 shareware application. Some features are
    limited to registered users only.

    ry@DundasValley, Oct 28, 2003