    individual images and attach them there is no problem. What would cause
    some to be able to view them and others not. It has been suggested that
    it is poaaibly a firewall setting that causes it.

    Bob H, Aug 9, 2006

  2. Bob H

    Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, Bob H Wrote The Following:
    > I receive many images that are not attached but appear embedded in the
    > message area of the text. I use Outlook Express. If I simply forward
    > them there are a few that cannot view them as they appear as a box with
    > a red X where the image would normally appear. It would appear not to
    > be related to any particular ISP but just rather random. If I save the
    > individual images and attach them there is no problem. What would cause
    > some to be able to view them and others not. It has been suggested that
    > it is poaaibly a firewall setting that causes it.

    I don't use OE but those that are getting the little red X there is
    a setting somewhere on OE for show pictures, and send pictures.

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo, Aug 9, 2006

  3. Bob H

    Ockerr Guest

    I think the setting is Show HTML in outlook, as well as show pictutres

    Could be Tools, Options, View From Memory

    Ockerr, Aug 9, 2006
  4. Ockerr wrote:

    > I think the setting is Show HTML in outlook, as well as show pictutres
    >
    > Could be Tools, Options, View From Memory

    Learn to quote and attribute.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 9, 2006
  5. Bob H

    Bob H Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Ockerr wrote:
    >
    > > I think the setting is Show HTML in outlook, as well as show pictutres
    > >
    > > Could be Tools, Options, View From Memory

    > Learn to quote and attribute.
    >

    > --
    > Blinky RLU 297263
    > Killing all posts from Google Groups
    > The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

    I found that setting in my OE and it was, as expected, not enabled. I
    enabled it and sent one of those embedded image only E-Mails to myself
    and found the result interesting. The process attached the images,
    which is good, but it did not prevent images from still appearing in
    the message body.

    Bob H, Aug 9, 2006
  6. Bob H

    joevan Guest

    On 9 Aug 2006 05:06:11 -0700, "Bob H" <> wrote:

    >Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Ockerr wrote:
    >>
    >> > I think the setting is Show HTML in outlook, as well as show pictutres
    >> >
    >> > Could be Tools, Options, View From Memory

    >> Learn to quote and attribute.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Blinky RLU 297263
    >> Killing all posts from Google Groups
    >> The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

    >I found that setting in my OE and it was, as expected, not enabled. I
    >enabled it and sent one of those embedded image only E-Mails to myself
    >and found the result interesting. The process attached the images,
    >which is good, but it did not prevent images from still appearing in
    >the message body.

    That is the way it works with my outlook express. The pictures appear
    below the message.
    There is also a paper clip to the right that if you click you can
    choose to save or view normally with your default viewer.
    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Aug 9, 2006