    My question is.
    If you get any email picture in your PC
    'Do they get stored any where, if so, where?'

    uker, Nov 1, 2004

  2. uker

    Nowhere Guest

    Where are pictures stored if you delete them and then erase the hard drive?

    ---

    Nowhere, Nov 1, 2004

  3. uker

    James Guest

    "Nowhere" <> wrote in message
    > Where are pictures stored if you delete them and then erase the hard

    drive?

    > ---

    In your memory
    (If you have one?)

    --

    Ukjay

    James, Nov 1, 2004
  4. uker <> wrote:
    > I know that, Web based pictures,
    > are stored on your PC.
    > My question is.
    > If you get any email picture in your PC
    > 'Do they get stored any where, if so, where?'

    They are located in the "my dirty pictures" folder that you don't want your
    boss or wife to see.

    Trai' La' Trash, Nov 1, 2004
  5. uker wrote:
    > I know that, Web based pictures,
    > are stored on your PC.
    > My question is.
    > If you get any email picture in your PC
    > 'Do they get stored any where, if so, where?'

    This depends on several things. If you're using Outlook Express it's
    normally in a file called inbox.dbx. Pics are not stored as separate
    files unless you do it manually. So if you're wanting to get rid of some
    pics, delete the email that they were attached to and empty the trash.
    Other mail clients have different locations for storing mail.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 1, 2004
  6. uker

    uker Guest

    >> I know that, Web based pictures,
    >> are stored on your PC.
    >> My question is.
    >> If you get any email picture in your PC
    >> 'Do they get stored any where, if so, where?'

    > This depends on several things. If you're using Outlook Express it's
    > normally in a file called inbox.dbx. Pics are not stored as separate
    > files unless you do it manually. So if you're wanting to get rid of some
    > pics, delete the email that they were attached to and empty the trash.
    > Other mail clients have different locations for storing mail.

    After a search of my PC for inbox.dbx It came up with 3 files;
    Hotmail(1)-Inbox, Hotmail-Inbox, & Inbox.

    C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Identities\{5D3F410E-119D-4928-ADAC-58D88E288808}\Microsoft\Outlook
    Express
    Then the size of the file. And the date of it.

    No pictures were to be found any where.

    And thanx, to you others, for the very useful information, you gave me.

    uker, Nov 1, 2004