pictures on CD

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bruce Coryell, Jun 4, 2005.

  1. Any suggestions for burning pictures on CD, such that they can shown as
    a slide snow on a DVD player? Can't afford a digital projector.

    Bruce Coryell, Jun 4, 2005

  2. Bruce Coryell <> writes:

    > Any suggestions for burning pictures on CD, such that they can shown
    > as a slide snow on a DVD player? Can't afford a digital projector.

    Put a bunch of jpegs in the root directory. Most players I've tried
    will pick those up and show them.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Jun 5, 2005

  3. Bruce Coryell <> wrote:
    : Any suggestions for burning pictures on CD, such that they can shown as
    : a slide snow on a DVD player? Can't afford a digital projector.

    Many brands of DVD player now list JPEG as a supported format (along side
    MP3). If your player lists this format, you can put a CD with JPG files on
    it into the player and they can be played as a slide show.

    A couple things to concider. Some (not all) players play the photos in
    alphabetical order so you may want to name the files with this in mind.
    Also some only play them in the order they are on the disk and so you
    would want to make sure to burn them in the right order. Some players work
    fine with sub folders and some don't. So you will have to try out your
    equipment. If your player only plays photos in the root directory, you
    will have to put all of them there. But if your equipment handles folders,
    you can seperate the images into seperate "shows" in folders (and or sub
    folders). And of those who do folders some will continue to the next
    folder at the end of a previous folder.

    Unfortunately there is no standard among different players. Sometimes even
    different models of the same brand will handle photos different. So you
    will have to explore your equipment.

    Randy

    ==========
    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL

    Randy Berbaum, Jun 5, 2005
  4. Bruce Coryell

    Stewy Guest

    In article <PRloe.10608$>,
    Bruce Coryell <> wrote:

    > Any suggestions for burning pictures on CD, such that they can shown as
    > a slide snow on a DVD player? Can't afford a digital projector.

    Nero or any other burning software should do the job. Compressing the
    pix may help too. Simply rename the pictures as 00-01, 01-01, 02-01 etc
    - this way you can insert extra pictures anywhere in the slideshow by
    naming 01-02, 02-02 etc. stick everything in a file with a short name
    (most DVD players only support around 6-8 characters) and burn to CDR.

    Note that TVs are analogue and the quality will be far less than a
    computer monitor.

    Stewy, Jun 5, 2005
  5. Bruce Coryell

    Marvin Guest

    Bruce Coryell wrote:
    > Any suggestions for burning pictures on CD, such that they can shown as
    > a slide snow on a DVD player? Can't afford a digital projector.

    Some slide show software can generate a video CD (VCD) that will play the slide show
    through many DVD players. I've done this with Paint Shop Photo Album.

    Marvin, Jun 5, 2005
  6. Bruce Coryell

    Bob Williams Guest

    Bruce Coryell wrote:
    > Any suggestions for burning pictures on CD, such that they can shown as
    > a slide snow on a DVD player? Can't afford a digital projector.

    Make sure that all your images are in jpeg format.
    Any decent burner software, (Nero, Roxio, etc.) will copy them to a CD.
    Almost any el cheapo DVD player of recent vintage (< 2 yrs. old) will be
    jpeg compatible and will play the images on your TV. (Check the player's
    specs for jpeg compatability.)
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Jun 8, 2005