    homepage. How will I do that? please tell me what to do. I use Frontpage.

    Thank you,
    Nylarim

    Mira, Feb 10, 2005

  2. Mira

    °Mike° Guest

    That is a stupid piece of code that does not work. All
    you have to remember is that if somebody is viewing
    your page, they ALREADY have the images on their
    hard drive.

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:29:42 -0600, in
    <>
    Mira scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 10, 2005

  3. Mira

    DC Guest

    Mira wrote:
    > Hello,

    > I have a homepage that has a lot of cross stitch pictures. I used to have an
    > account in picturetrail.com and you have a choice there to have a feature
    > that any picture cannot be copied or pasted. I would like to do this in my
    > homepage. How will I do that? please tell me what to do. I use Frontpage.

    You can't.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    DC, Feb 10, 2005
  4. Mira

    WormWood Guest

    "Mira" <> wrote:> Hello,

    > I have a homepage that has a lot of cross stitch pictures. I used to
    > have an account in picturetrail.com and you have a choice there to
    > have a feature that any picture cannot be copied or pasted. I would
    > like to do this in my homepage. How will I do that? please tell me
    > what to do. I use Frontpage.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Nylarim

    Are you saying you believe you have "cross stitch" pictures because
    someone removed them by copy-paste?

    WormWood, Feb 10, 2005
  5. Mira

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "WormWood" <> wrote in message

    | "Mira" <> wrote:> Hello,
    | >
    | > I have a homepage that has a lot of cross stitch pictures. I used to
    | > have an account in picturetrail.com and you have a choice there to
    | > have a feature that any picture cannot be copied or pasted. I would
    | > like to do this in my homepage. How will I do that? please tell me
    | > what to do. I use Frontpage.
    | >
    | > Thank you,
    | > Nylarim
    | >
    | Are you saying you believe you have "cross stitch" pictures because
    | someone removed them by copy-paste?

    Nah - her mommy never taught her to share. She wants to prevent people from
    copying her cross-stitch pictures to their own PCs.

    --
    "Play nice now, Mira!"

    Toolman Tim, Feb 10, 2005
  6. Mira wrote:
    > Hello,

    > I have a homepage that has a lot of cross stitch pictures. I used to have an
    > account in picturetrail.com and you have a choice there to have a feature
    > that any picture cannot be copied or pasted. I would like to do this in my
    > homepage. How will I do that? please tell me what to do. I use Frontpage.

    Can't. They couldn't, either -- they just told you they could.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    Now killing all posts made with User-Agent G2 (Google Groups)

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 10, 2005
  7. Mira

    Billh Guest

    °Mike° wrote:
    > That is a stupid piece of code that does not work. All
    > you have to remember is that if somebody is viewing
    > your page, they ALREADY have the images on their
    > hard drive.
    >

    > On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:29:42 -0600, in
    > <>
    > Mira scrawled:
    >

    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I have a homepage that has a lot of cross stitch pictures. I used to have an
    >>account in picturetrail.com and you have a choice there to have a feature
    >>that any picture cannot be copied or pasted. I would like to do this in my
    >>homepage. How will I do that? please tell me what to do. I use Frontpage.
    >>
    >>Thank you,
    >>Nylarim

    I bet you Big Squidger's girl friend would never figure out how to get
    at them.

    Which is the point yes people like you and me can get them but 90% of
    users can not so maybe a java script would help.

    http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=41

    Billh, Feb 11, 2005
  8. Mira

    WormWood Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    > "WormWood" <> wrote in message
    > |
    > | "Mira" <> wrote:> Hello,
    > | >
    > | > I have a homepage that has a lot of cross stitch pictures. I used
    > | > have an account in picturetrail.com and you have a choice there to
    > | > have a feature that any picture cannot be copied or pasted. I
    > would
    > | > like to do this in my homepage. How will I do that? please tell me
    > | > what to do. I use Frontpage.
    > | >
    > | > Thank you,
    > | > Nylarim
    > | >
    > | Are you saying you believe you have "cross stitch" pictures because
    > | someone removed them by copy-paste?
    >
    > Nah - her mommy never taught her to share. She wants to prevent people
    > from
    > copying her cross-stitch pictures to their own PCs.
    >
    > --
    > "Play nice now, Mira!"

    heh...I thought she was talking about the red 'x' (cross) seen when the
    graphic isn't available, and she thought someone had ripped it off.

    WormWood, Feb 11, 2005
  9. Mira

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "WormWood" <> wrote in message

    | "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    | >
    | > "WormWood" <> wrote in message
    | > |
    | > | "Mira" <> wrote:> Hello,

    | > would

    | > | Are you saying you believe you have "cross stitch" pictures because
    | > | someone removed them by copy-paste?
    | >
    | > Nah - her mommy never taught her to share. She wants to prevent people
    | > from
    | > copying her cross-stitch pictures to their own PCs.
    | >
    | > --
    | > "Play nice now, Mira!"
    | >

    | heh...I thought she was talking about the red 'x' (cross) seen when the
    | graphic isn't available, and she thought someone had ripped it off.

    That *would* be a neat trick <g>

    Toolman Tim, Feb 12, 2005
  10. Mira

    Mira Guest

    > Nah - her mommy never taught her to share. She wants to prevent people
    > from
    > copying her cross-stitch pictures to their own PCs.
    >
    > --
    > "Play nice now, Mira!"

    If you must know, a lot of cross stitch designs are copyrighted and some
    designers expressed that they do not want the finished needlework pictures
    be copied from someone's website. But nice people here replied that the
    graphics are already in their hard drive once they view them, so I guess I
    cannot do anything about it. I just thought that there is such a thing like
    that.

    Mira

    Mira, Feb 12, 2005
  11. Mira

    Mira Guest

    > You can't.
    >
    > --
    > DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Thanks 4 the reply.

    Mira, Feb 12, 2005
  12. Mira

    Mira Guest

    Thank you to all who replied.
    "Mira"

    Mira, Feb 12, 2005
  13. WormWood wrote:

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    >> "WormWood" <> wrote in message
    >> |
    >> | "Mira" <> wrote:> Hello,

    >> would

    >> | Are you saying you believe you have "cross stitch" pictures because
    >> | someone removed them by copy-paste?

    >> Nah - her mommy never taught her to share. She wants to prevent people
    >> from
    >> copying her cross-stitch pictures to their own PCs.

    Like those Xs that appear over a person's eyes when they die? Funny,
    Grandpa didn't have those, when he died. So when Fluffy died, I made
    sure to give her some with a black felt pen.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 12, 2005
  14. Mira wrote:

    >> Nah - her mommy never taught her to share. She wants to prevent people
    >> from
    >> copying her cross-stitch pictures to their own PCs.

    >> --
    >> "Play nice now, Mira!"

    > If you must know, a lot of cross stitch designs are copyrighted and some
    > designers expressed that they do not want the finished needlework pictures
    > be copied from someone's website. But nice people here replied that the
    > graphics are already in their hard drive once they view them, so I guess I
    > cannot do anything about it. I just thought that there is such a thing like
    > that.

    If you're still unconvinced, Mira, take a look at Item 11, here at the
    alt.html FAQ. It's an *extremely* frequently asked Q. And check out
    the links that Item 11, in turn, contains, as well. And if you have
    any other questions about that website, don't forget alt.html; there are
    wizards there.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 12, 2005
  15. Mira

    WormWood Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > WormWood wrote:
    >
    >> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    >>> "WormWood" <> wrote in message

    >>> used
    >>> would
    >>> me

    >>> because

    >>> Nah - her mommy never taught her to share. She wants to prevent
    >>> people
    >>> from
    >>> copying her cross-stitch pictures to their own PCs.

    > Like those Xs that appear over a person's eyes when they die? Funny,
    > Grandpa didn't have those, when he died. So when Fluffy died, I made
    > sure to give her some with a black felt pen.

    LOL

    WormWood, Feb 12, 2005
  16. Mira

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Mira" <> wrote in message

    | > Nah - her mommy never taught her to share. She wants to prevent people
    | > from
    | > copying her cross-stitch pictures to their own PCs.
    | >
    | > --
    | > "Play nice now, Mira!"
    |
    | If you must know, a lot of cross stitch designs are copyrighted and some
    | designers expressed that they do not want the finished needlework pictures
    | be copied from someone's website. But nice people here replied that the
    | graphics are already in their hard drive once they view them, so I guess I
    | cannot do anything about it. I just thought that there is such a thing
    like
    | that.

    Then my suggestion would be to make the picture un-usable: 1) use such low
    resolution that it barely looks okay on the screen. If they copy/print it,
    it's basically too grainy to use, and 2) put a big-a** copyright notice
    right across the middle of it (use a photo editor)

    Toolman Tim, Feb 12, 2005