    Any thoughts on what might be the problem ?

    Thanks,
    Bob
    Robert11, Aug 13, 2006

  2. Robert11

    Mike Easter Guest

    Robert11 wrote:

    > Using Outlook Express 6 and XP.

    > I cannot send any jpeg pictures as Attachments.

    For what value of 'any' -- any size, large or small? Or just the one
    large size you tried?

    > Sending text documents as Attachments works; it's just pix that won't
    > work.
    >
    > It hangs up every time I try to send anything with picture
    > Attachments.

    One common problem is that servers and mailuser agents sometimes don't
    get along for large filesizes. For that reason, your mailuser agent OE
    was designed to be able to chop up large attachments in the Accounts
    section -- if needed. I've never needed to use that function myself.

    > Any thoughts on what might be the problem ?

    The place where you do that chopping if needed is in OE/ Tools/
    Accounts/ Mail tab - select account in question - Properties button -
    Advanced tab - sending - if necessary check that tick and choose an
    appropriate size.

    That isn't the only cause of problems, but if you are trying to send big
    graphics it might be.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Aug 13, 2006

  3. Robert11

    PeeCee Guest

    "Robert11" <> wrote in message
    > Hello:
    >
    > Using Outlook Express 6 and XP.
    >
    > Everything works just fine, except-
    >
    > I cannot send any jpeg pictures as Attachments.
    >
    > Sending text documents as Attachments works; it's just pix that won't
    > work.
    >
    > It hangs up every time I try to send anything with picture Attachments.
    >
    > Any thoughts on what might be the problem ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    Common problem with Norton Anti Virus when the 'hang up after sending and
    receiving' box is ticked in OE.
    Norton takes so long to scan the outgoing file, OE has decided the mail has
    gone and closed the dial up connection before Norton's finished.

    Paul.
    PeeCee, Aug 14, 2006
  4. Robert11

    ProfGene Guest

    Robert11 wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > Using Outlook Express 6 and XP.
    >
    > Everything works just fine, except-
    >
    > I cannot send any jpeg pictures as Attachments.
    >
    > Sending text documents as Attachments works; it's just pix that won't work.
    >
    > It hangs up every time I try to send anything with picture Attachments.
    >
    > Any thoughts on what might be the problem ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    You might check the security settings and if they are real high lower
    them then try it.
    ProfGene, Aug 15, 2006