    new Guest

    It seems most of the pictures that I take are just blurry, and
    sometimes I just want to purchase a disposable camera again.

    new, Feb 5, 2008

  2. new <> wrote:
    >It seems most of the pictures that I take are just blurry, and

    Can be several reasons:
    - not in focus
    - motion blur
    - camera shake
    - defective camera

    Without more details of what you are doing, maybe a description of how you
    are taking photos and what settings you are using, and even better a few
    sample photos (unedited originals with the EXIF data intact) it is
    impossible to narrow down the cause.

    >sometimes I just want to purchase a disposable camera again.

    Last time I checked those were still available at the checkout lines at the
    grocery stores.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Feb 5, 2008

  3. new

    bugbear Guest

    new wrote:
    > It seems most of the pictures that I take are just blurry

    Mine are ok.

    BugBear

    bugbear, Feb 5, 2008
  4. new

    Tom Yost Guest

    On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 03:06:05 -0800 (PST), new <>
    wrote:

    >It seems most of the pictures that I take are just blurry, and
    >sometimes I just want to purchase a disposable camera again.

    My colleague had a similar complaint about her camera. I figured out
    that she just not realize how the digital camera works.

    Unlike a film camera which generally snaps the photo instantly when
    you push the button, a digital camera takes a couple of seconds to
    focus and adjust for exposure before the shutter actually releases.

    You may be pushing the button and then not holding it steady or even
    moving the camera away before the pic is taken.

    Most digital cams have a two step shutter button.
    - Push halfway to focus and set exposure
    (Usually there is a visual or audio clue that tells you when it's
    ready)
    - Push the button the rest of the way to take the picture.

    Try this!

    Tom Yost, Feb 5, 2008
  5. Tom Yost <> wrote:
    >On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 03:06:05 -0800 (PST), new <>
    >>It seems most of the pictures that I take are just blurry, and
    >>sometimes I just want to purchase a disposable camera again.

    >Unlike a film camera which generally snaps the photo instantly when
    >you push the button, a digital camera takes a couple of seconds to
    >focus and adjust for exposure before the shutter actually releases.
    >
    >You may be pushing the button and then not holding it steady or even
    >moving the camera away before the pic is taken.

    Excellent guess! I didn't even think of the shutter lag in compact digitals
    as possibly being a factor. But you are absolutely right.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Feb 5, 2008
  6. new

    Ed Mullikin Guest

    "Tom Yost" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 03:06:05 -0800 (PST), new <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>It seems most of the pictures that I take are just blurry, and
    >>sometimes I just want to purchase a disposable camera again.

    > My colleague had a similar complaint about her camera. I figured out
    > that she just not realize how the digital camera works.
    >
    > Unlike a film camera which generally snaps the photo instantly when
    > you push the button, a digital camera takes a couple of seconds to
    > focus and adjust for exposure before the shutter actually releases.
    >
    > You may be pushing the button and then not holding it steady or even
    > moving the camera away before the pic is taken.
    >
    > Most digital cams have a two step shutter button.
    > - Push halfway to focus and set exposure
    > (Usually there is a visual or audio clue that tells you when it's
    > ready)
    > - Push the button the rest of the way to take the picture.
    >
    > Try this!

    My wife is an intelligent woman but put a camera in her hands and her IQ
    drops to 15 or so. We were in Africa and parted company for a while. When
    we were together again I asked her if she took any photos. The reply was in
    the affirmative. Turns out she FOCUSED the camera about twenty times and
    took nary one photo.

    Ed Mullikin, Feb 5, 2008
  7. new

    tony cooper Guest

    On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 18:15:07 -0500, "Ed Mullikin" <>
    wrote:

    >"Tom Yost" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 03:06:05 -0800 (PST), new <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>It seems most of the pictures that I take are just blurry, and
    >>>sometimes I just want to purchase a disposable camera again.

    >> My colleague had a similar complaint about her camera. I figured out
    >> that she just not realize how the digital camera works.
    >>
    >> Unlike a film camera which generally snaps the photo instantly when
    >> you push the button, a digital camera takes a couple of seconds to
    >> focus and adjust for exposure before the shutter actually releases.
    >>
    >> You may be pushing the button and then not holding it steady or even
    >> moving the camera away before the pic is taken.
    >>
    >> Most digital cams have a two step shutter button.
    >> - Push halfway to focus and set exposure
    >> (Usually there is a visual or audio clue that tells you when it's
    >> ready)
    >> - Push the button the rest of the way to take the picture.
    >>
    >> Try this!
    >>

    >My wife is an intelligent woman but put a camera in her hands and her IQ
    >drops to 15 or so. We were in Africa and parted company for a while. When
    >we were together again I asked her if she took any photos. The reply was in
    >the affirmative. Turns out she FOCUSED the camera about twenty times and
    >took nary one photo.

    My wife has never understood that only what is visible in the
    viewfinder is what is likely to appear on taken picture. Look through
    our photos, and the ones of headless subjects are hers.

    --

    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Feb 5, 2008
  8. new

    wrote:

    >It seems most of the pictures that I take are just blurry,

    Set your camera on "auto", frame a stationary subject as desired, and
    slowly press the shutter release while looking at or thru your camera
    image viewer. If you carefully follow these instructions at least
    seventy percent of your images will not be blurry.

    Later I will tell you how to obtain sharp images of moving subjects.

    >sometimes I just want to purchase a disposable camera again.

    It will be perfectly OK if you buy a disposable camera.

    , Feb 6, 2008
  9. new

    John Navas Guest

    On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 09:30:49 -0500, wrote in
    <>:

    >On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 03:06:05 -0800 (PST), new <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>It seems most of the pictures that I take are just blurry,

    >Set your camera on "auto", frame a stationary subject as desired, and
    >slowly press the shutter release while looking at or thru your camera
    >image viewer. If you carefully follow these instructions at least
    >seventy percent of your images will not be blurry.

    If you don't move until the shutter actually fires, which might take up
    to a few seconds.

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas