    although I'm not sure of what this actually does) . A custom made profile
    for the ink/paper package is pretty costly to have made. Does anyone share
    this experience and what has your solution been?

    frankg, Nov 28, 2004

  2. frankg

    Ryadia Guest

    "frankg" <> wrote in message
    news:a9cqd.85957$...

    > PS CS
    > WinXP
    >
    > Although the prints (printed from Photoshop not a camera or card) are

    great,
    > they're consistently just a little too light - not sure if it's the

    shadows
    > or mid-tones but they lack a bit of depth - just a wee bit. The driver
    > settings are very limited so I cant tweak it there (I use enhanced details
    > although I'm not sure of what this actually does) . A custom made profile
    > for the ink/paper package is pretty costly to have made. Does anyone share
    > this experience and what has your solution been?

    Same findings here. I just upped the contrast in Photoshop and they're fine.

    Ryadia, Nov 28, 2004

  3. frankg

    EarGuy Guest

    "frankg" <> wrote in message

    > PS CS
    > WinXP
    >
    > Although the prints (printed from Photoshop not a camera or card) are

    great,
    > they're consistently just a little too light - not sure if it's the

    shadows
    > or mid-tones but they lack a bit of depth - just a wee bit...

    I'm wondering if the problem lies in your monitor calibration, not the
    printer. Make a few of your pictures in Photoshop, and burn to disc. View
    them on several monitors, and see what they look like. Have them
    professionally printed, making sure that the lab does not do any of their
    own tweaking. Compare these prints to your prints.

    If the lab pics look perfect, the problem is your printer. If the pictures
    look washed out on other monitors, the problem is your monitor calibration.
    But note: Most monitors are shipped out of calibration. They look better
    for everyday applications, but they're not "true" for photo editing. I'l
    be curous to hear what the outcome is.

    Dave
    earguy

    EarGuy, Nov 28, 2004
  4. frankg

    frankg Guest

    I should have added to my original post that the monitor is calibrated
    (using spyder/optical)

    frankg, Nov 28, 2004