    J H Guest

    Does anyone know how to make an image bigger without the image losing
    resolution, in other words, quality?

    J H, Mar 4, 2006

  2. J H

    Toolman Tim Guest

    > Does anyone know how to make an image bigger without the image losing
    > resolution, in other words, quality?

    Not gonna happen with bitmap images (tiff, jpeg, pcx, etc).

    Toolman Tim, Mar 4, 2006

  3. True, it's "not gonna happen". You may be able to lessen the quality loss
    if you have some graphics editing software, by resampling to increase the
    resolution and the display size to the same degree; e.g., double both
    resolution and the dimensions. May be worth a try.

    Bob Mathewson, Mar 4, 2006
  4. J H

    EricP Guest

    On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 20:08:44 +0000 (UTC), "J H"
    <> wrote:

    >Does anyone know how to make an image bigger without the image losing
    >resolution, in other words, quality?

    Photozoom Pro by

    www.benvista.com
    is about as good as it gets.

    But don't blame me if you think it's a crock of shit.

    EricP, Mar 4, 2006
  5. J H

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 22:57:45 GMT, EricP <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 20:08:44 +0000 (UTC), "J H"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Does anyone know how to make an image bigger without the image losing
    >>resolution, in other words, quality?
    >>

    >Photozoom Pro by
    >
    >www.benvista.com
    >is about as good as it gets.
    >
    >But don't blame me if you think it's a crock of shit.

    Raht, its a crock alright. Don waste your time.
    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Mar 4, 2006
  6. J H

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-03-04, J H <> wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to make an image bigger without the image losing
    > resolution, in other words, quality?

    Only if it's in a 'vector' format - see
    <http://www.prepressure.com/image/bitmapvector.htm>.

    It is possible to convert (some) bitmap images into vector format - see
    <http://www.google.com/search?hs=giK&hl=en&lr=&client=opera&rls=en&q=conver
    t+to+vector+graphics&btnG=Search> or
    <http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z2BE21DBC>.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Mar 4, 2006
  7. J H

    Plato Guest

    J H wrote:

    > Does anyone know how to make an image bigger without the image losing
    > resolution, in other words, quality?

    No way to do that.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Mar 5, 2006
  8. J H

    Senti Guest

    Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2006-03-04, J H <> wrote:
    >
    >>Does anyone know how to make an image bigger without the image losing
    >>resolution, in other words, quality?

    > Only if it's in a 'vector' format - see
    > <http://www.prepressure.com/image/bitmapvector.htm>.
    >
    > It is possible to convert (some) bitmap images into vector format - see
    > <http://www.google.com/search?hs=giK&hl=en&lr=&client=opera&rls=en&q=conver
    > t+to+vector+graphics&btnG=Search> or
    > <http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z2BE21DBC>.

    Converting a complex photo to a vector image will usually increase the
    files size one heck of a lot, and it won't look photorealistic (which
    I'd consider a loss of quality). If it's a simple image then it's a
    good idea. If it's a complex image (such as a photo) then not so good.

    --
    I think our coffee machine is networked - I keep seeing these dropped
    sugar packets all around it.

    Senti, Mar 6, 2006