    Olympus FE-110, 5 MP camera, if that matters.

    Thanks,

    Dave

    D & J, Jan 7, 2007

  2. D & J

    sally Guest

    "D & J" <> wrote in news:pFaoh.1403$8B5.398@trnddc08:
    > My problem is that many pictures I take appear to be very "grainy"
    > looking. Especially indoor shots. How might I correct the problem. I am
    > using an Olympus FE-110, 5 MP camera, if that matters.

    Are you using an AUTO or high ISO setting? Reducing the ISO should reduce
    the noise. A good flash or tripod will help to avoid camera shake problems.

    sally, Jan 7, 2007

  3. D & J

    Ken Lucke Guest

    In article <PFaoh.1403$8B5.398@trnddc08>, D & J <>
    wrote:

    > I am fairly new to taking digital pictures and would appreciate any
    > suggestions.
    >
    > My problem is that many pictures I take appear to be very "grainy" looking.
    > Especially indoor shots. How might I correct the problem. I am using an
    > Olympus FE-110, 5 MP camera, if that matters.

    A little more detailed descriptioon of what you are doing is needed,
    and an example picture would help.

    What ISO are you shooting at, for instance? Flash? Shutter speed?

    I'm not familiar with the camera model (there are just SO many models
    out there), but you should be able to change settings to reduce the ISO
    and lessen the noise. Be aware that lowering the ISO setting will also
    decrease your shutter speed, possibly to the point where you will need
    a tripod for your indoor shots.

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard

    Ken Lucke, Jan 7, 2007
  4. D & J

    Scubabix Guest

    "D & J" <> wrote in message
    >I am fairly new to taking digital pictures and would appreciate any
    >suggestions.
    >
    > My problem is that many pictures I take appear to be very "grainy"
    > looking. Especially indoor shots. How might I correct the problem. I am
    > using an Olympus FE-110, 5 MP camera, if that matters.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Dave

    The grainy indoor shots are probably from the automatic functions setting
    your ISO higher for the low light conditions.
    Rob

    Scubabix, Jan 7, 2007
  5. >My problem is that many pictures I take appear to be very "grainy" looking.
    >Especially indoor shots. How might I correct the problem. I am using an
    >Olympus FE-110, 5 MP camera, if that matters.

    It sounds like it could be underexposure. Try turning off the flash.
    Take a picture during the day, with sunlight streaming into the room.
    Then take one at night, with ordinary lights, and finally, one at
    night with dim lighting. If the photos get progressively worse in the
    direction that represents the problem you're experience, then your
    problem is underexposure.

    -Joel

    Dr. Joel M. Hoffman, Jan 7, 2007