    connect the USB as streaming mode. But I could not find how to connect
    the USB in streaming mode.

    Thanxs
    URPradhan, Dec 27, 2005

  2. URPradhan

    Smudger Guest

    "URPradhan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi Friends
    >
    > After 1 month of research on internet/reviews I got my new Sony DSC W5
    > few days back with 256 MB Memory Stick Pro.
    >
    > I've taken pictures with every mode and compared all. If the picture
    > size is 5M then when you are seeing the actual picture in PC its not
    > seems to be good as it to be. Its blured images. But if you reduce the
    > size of the picture then its showing good results. Note, I
    > ve disabled the digital zoom feature.
    > SO, can any one plz suggest me how to take better quality picture with
    > this camera with different features and corresponding values.
    > Another thing is that, Can we record continuous unlimited lengh movie
    > by connection to PC ? If yes how ? Because the s/w provided asking to
    > connect the USB as streaming mode. But I could not find how to connect
    > the USB in streaming mode.
    >
    > Thanxs

    I may be wrong but I suspect you're seeing the limitations of your monitor
    and not your camera. I suggest you get a good sized print made of one of
    your photos because then you'll see just how good the quality is. My
    monitor, despite being calibrated perfecty for colour, does a very poor job
    of rendering the detail my cameras are capable of.
    Smudger, Dec 28, 2005

  3. URPradhan

    Jack Guest

    "Smudger" <> wrote in

    > "URPradhan" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi Friends
    >>
    >> After 1 month of research on internet/reviews I got my new Sony DSC
    >> W5 few days back with 256 MB Memory Stick Pro.
    >>
    >> I've taken pictures with every mode and compared all. If the picture
    >> size is 5M then when you are seeing the actual picture in PC its not
    >> seems to be good as it to be. Its blured images. But if you reduce
    >> the size of the picture then its showing good results. Note, I
    >> ve disabled the digital zoom feature.
    >> SO, can any one plz suggest me how to take better quality picture
    >> with this camera with different features and corresponding values.
    >> Another thing is that, Can we record continuous unlimited lengh movie
    >> by connection to PC ? If yes how ? Because the s/w provided asking to
    >> connect the USB as streaming mode. But I could not find how to
    >> connect the USB in streaming mode.
    >>
    >> Thanxs
    >>

    > I may be wrong but I suspect you're seeing the limitations of your
    > monitor and not your camera. I suggest you get a good sized print
    > made of one of your photos because then you'll see just how good the
    > quality is. My monitor, despite being calibrated perfecty for colour,
    > does a very poor job of rendering the detail my cameras are capable
    > of.

    I have the same camera and find the pictures to be of excellent quality.
    If you're seeing blurred pictures on your monitor, I also agree that it's
    the monitor not the camera.
    No, you can't take movies using your PC and the camera. You have to use
    the card in the camera. Get at least a 1 gig Memory Stick Pro. That's
    what I use.
    Jack, Dec 29, 2005
  4. URPradhan

    URPradhan Guest

    Friend
    then compared to 5 PM picture in my monitor taken by Cannon camera is
    of good quality. What I mean is the quality of 5M picture is not good
    as 3M pitures. The pictures are not sharp its somekind of blured.
    URPradhan, Dec 29, 2005
  5. URPradhan

    Jack Guest

    [posted and mailed]

    "URPradhan" <> wrote in news:1135882025.660179.80890
    @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Friend
    > then compared to 5 PM picture in my monitor taken by Cannon camera is
    > of good quality. What I mean is the quality of 5M picture is not good
    > as 3M pitures. The pictures are not sharp its somekind of blured.

    I have both a Canon G3 and a Sony DSC W5 and I don't see a difference in
    quality on my monitors and I have 3 computers with the largest monitor
    being a 19" Dell LCD. I am looking at the pictures side by side and I
    don't see any blurriness.
    Jack, Dec 30, 2005