    One of the things I would like to do is save my photos as RAW so that I can
    process them at a later stage. I tried to do that with Picture Project 1
    but I end up with a really small image to work with. Any ideas where to go?

    anthonyJ, Dec 23, 2006

  2. anthonyJ

    Roy G Guest

    "anthonyJ" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I brought a Nikon D70 somet ime ago and it came with Picture Project 1, I
    >see now that people are buying Nikon D70's with Picture Project 1.5. Is
    >there any reason why I would want to upgrade the software to the newer
    >version while keeping the D70?
    >
    > One of the things I would like to do is save my photos as RAW so that I
    > can process them at a later stage. I tried to do that with Picture
    > Project 1 but I end up with a really small image to work with. Any ideas
    > where to go?

    Hi.

    I have been using my D70 for a couple of years now, but Picture Project
    stayed on my Computer for nearly 1 whole Hour. It was a load of *******
    Crap.

    I can not imagine it would be worthwhile downloading an updated version of
    the crap.

    If you shoot in RAW, then saving as RAW makes a great deal of sense. The
    D70 NEFs are only 5 Mb, so they don't take up much space on your HDD.

    Just drag or copy them from the Camera to whatever Folder you want to save
    them in, then save another copy onto Cd or DVD. You should treat these
    files as your Digital negatives, because you can convert them into Psd or
    Tiff as often as you like in a variety of Converters.

    The one which comes with the Nikon Cameras is about the poorest example that
    I have seen.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Dec 23, 2006

  3. anthonyJ

    anthonyJ Guest

    "Roy G" <> wrote in message

    > I have been using my D70 for a couple of years now, but Picture Project
    > stayed on my Computer for nearly 1 whole Hour. It was a load of *******
    > Crap.
    >
    > I can not imagine it would be worthwhile downloading an updated version of
    > the crap.
    >
    > If you shoot in RAW, then saving as RAW makes a great deal of sense. The
    > D70 NEFs are only 5 Mb, so they don't take up much space on your HDD.
    >
    > Just drag or copy them from the Camera to whatever Folder you want to save
    > them in, then save another copy onto Cd or DVD. You should treat these
    > files as your Digital negatives, because you can convert them into Psd or
    > Tiff as often as you like in a variety of Converters.
    >
    > The one which comes with the Nikon Cameras is about the poorest example
    > that I have seen.
    >
    > Roy G

    I have Photoshop 6 and would use that to edit my photos. Can you recommend
    a converster to convert the Nikon RAW files to TIFF? I also have a Canon
    Powershoy 60 and would want to take advantage of the RAW on that.

    anthonyJ, Dec 24, 2006
  4. anthonyJ

    Roy G Guest

    "anthonyJ" <> wrote in message

    > "Roy G" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I have been using my D70 for a couple of years now, but Picture Project
    >> stayed on my Computer for nearly 1 whole Hour. It was a load of *******
    >> Crap.
    >>
    >> I can not imagine it would be worthwhile downloading an updated version
    >> of the crap.
    >>
    >> If you shoot in RAW, then saving as RAW makes a great deal of sense. The
    >> D70 NEFs are only 5 Mb, so they don't take up much space on your HDD.
    >>
    >> Just drag or copy them from the Camera to whatever Folder you want to
    >> save them in, then save another copy onto Cd or DVD. You should treat
    >> these files as your Digital negatives, because you can convert them into
    >> Psd or Tiff as often as you like in a variety of Converters.
    >>
    >> The one which comes with the Nikon Cameras is about the poorest example
    >> that I have seen.
    >>
    >> Roy G
    >>

    > I have Photoshop 6 and would use that to edit my photos. Can you
    > recommend a converster to convert the Nikon RAW files to TIFF? I also
    > have a Canon Powershoy 60 and would want to take advantage of the RAW on
    > that.

    Hi.

    I use PS CS2 to convert.

    There are as many preferences as there are photographers, some like Raw
    Shooter Essentials which is free.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Dec 24, 2006