    at bottom, and blue circle on right. I have ME and Outpost 1.0. This
    problem is not the "pictures not loading" (red X) problem. Any suggestions
    would be appreciated.
    Andy1973, Jun 29, 2004

  2. Andy1973

    Unk Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:34:34 +0000 (UTC), "Andy1973"
    <> wrote:

    >Any ideas? Some websites fail to show certain features. For example, on a
    >site offering interactive wordsearches, instead of the word search I get a
    >frame which is empty except for, in the top left corner, a small white
    >square, containing microscopic shapes: red square top left, blue triangle
    >at bottom, and blue circle on right. I have ME and Outpost 1.0. This
    >problem is not the "pictures not loading" (red X) problem. Any suggestions
    >would be appreciated.

    Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options.
    Click the "Advanced" tab, Scroll down to "Multimedia", check "Show
    pictures", and uncheck "Show image download placeholders". Click "apply",
    "OK"

    Also click the "General" tab, Under "Temporary Internet Files", click the
    "Delete Files" button, check the box, "Delete all offline content", "OK".
    After it finishes, click the "Settings" button and lower the amount of disk
    space to use to 20 Meg. Click "OK", "Apply". That will increase your hard
    drive space by how much was in that folder. I've seen it well over a gig.
    Folders that big are prone to crosslinked files.
    Clear it weekly, or sooner, especially if IE starts acting funny.

    Also click the "Advanced" tab, scroll down to "Security", and check the box,
    "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed", click
    "Apply", "OK"

    How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=263070
    Unk, Jun 29, 2004

  3. Andy1973

    Andy1973 Guest

    Thanks for your time and effort. I followed all instructions but
    unfortunately the problem remains. Thanks all the same.

    Andy1973, Jun 29, 2004
  4. Andy1973

    °Mike° Guest

    Check your settings in Outpost. It may be set to
    block ActiveX, Java, or other controls.

    Enabling and disabling Ad Blocking in Norton
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/pfdocs/2001100915311136

    Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer

    How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing

    Web Accessories Functionality Turns Off Image Downloading

    Images & Pictures - Internet Explorer
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm

    Can't see jpg's or gifs - Red X - images missing
    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#jpg_gif

    You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or
    Nothing Happens After You Click a Link

    Nothing happens when you click a link
    http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

    On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:34:34 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cbsjoq$ait$>
    Andy1973 scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance