    Any way to "fix" this?

    Thanks

    Doug in Fremont
    Doug Chadduck, Dec 16, 2007

  2. Doug Chadduck

    Lukan Guest

    Doug Chadduck wrote:
    > Hopefully I can make myself clear here.
    >
    > I can receive and view an e-mail with a picture in the body of the
    > message. It displays the same whether I "display attachments inline" or
    > not. I see it in the body and there is no attachment icon.
    >
    > But I can't forward it. Nothing comes out on the other end.
    >
    > When I "view source" I can see that the image is a JPG, but any other
    > clues that may be there exceed my knowledge base.

    Your outgoing mail isn't set to plain TXT only is it? If it is you
    should still be able to send attachments, they just won't show up in the
    body of an HTML message (which is probably better anyway IMO).
    Lukan, Dec 17, 2007

  3. Lukan wrote:
    > Doug Chadduck wrote:
    >> Hopefully I can make myself clear here.
    >>
    >> I can receive and view an e-mail with a picture in the body of the
    >> message. It displays the same whether I "display attachments inline"
    >> or not. I see it in the body and there is no attachment icon.
    >>
    >> But I can't forward it. Nothing comes out on the other end.
    >>
    >> When I "view source" I can see that the image is a JPG, but any other
    >> clues that may be there exceed my knowledge base.

    > Your outgoing mail isn't set to plain TXT only is it? If it is you
    > should still be able to send attachments, they just won't show up in the
    > body of an HTML message (which is probably better anyway IMO).

    Send as "both" HTML and plain text. These don't trip the attachment icon
    anywhere that I can see, when they come in. I cannot do a "Save As" a
    jpg when I click on the pic. I can, once it's saved, change it to .jpg
    and it works fine.

    I'm sure I'm missing something simple and obvious. Wish I knew what it was.

    Thanks
    Doug Chadduck, Dec 18, 2007