Picture Cooler

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Carsten Arnholm, Jul 14, 2005.

  1. Carsten Arnholm, Jul 14, 2005

  2. Carsten Arnholm

    Guest

    Carsten Arnholm wrote:
    > This "Picture cooler" looks like an interesting program -
    > free too.
    >
    > http://denoiser.shorturl.com/
    >
    > Anyone with experience?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > --
    > Carsten J. Arnholm
    > Oslo Norway
    > http://carnholm.home.online.no

    I tried it some time ago; it didn't really impress me much and I got
    rid of it. The noise reduction was harsh and lead to plastic-looking
    results. The GUI was primitive and difficult to figure out. It's a
    weird type of crippleware/shareware; you had to post a thread about it
    in a forum or newsgroup in order to get it for free - a STUPID idea
    that spams up Usenet - like your post, I'd assume? (apologies if I'm
    wrong...) Otherwise you have to pay $25 for it - and it wasn't worth
    either the money or the hassle.

    ECM
    , Jul 14, 2005

  3. Carsten Arnholm

    Dieter Mayr Guest

    Dieter Mayr, Jul 14, 2005
  4. Carsten Arnholm

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Carsten Arnholm wrote:
    > This "Picture cooler" looks like an interesting program -
    > free too.
    >
    > http://denoiser.shorturl.com/
    >
    > Anyone with experience?
    >
    > Regards,

    I tried it and was completely underwhelmed.
    Uninstalled.

    --
    Ron Hunter
    Ron Hunter, Jul 15, 2005
  5. Carsten Arnholm

    Guest

    I did the same thing yesterday. I downloaded the program to try it. I
    wasn't impressed either, but what turned me off was the "requirement"
    to post a link on two forums. Not worth the trouble !!!!

    Lou Sposa
    , Jul 15, 2005