    BibblePro, I've tried Picture Cooler on several jpeg's and tiff files
    (both 8 and 16 bit). It's quite effective. IMO, it is definitely
    worth trying.
    Barry, May 2, 2005

  2. Barry

    J_Bird Guest

    Barry wrote:
    > I recently read in another newsgroup about the noise reduction
    > software Picture Cooler. At this time it is a free download. The link:
    >
    > http://www.denoiser.shorturl.com
    >
    > I've used it on several jpeg and tiff files. For a review of the
    > program you can go to:
    >
    > http://www.michaelalmond.com/Articles/noise10.htm
    >

    > While I most often do any noise reduction on my RAW files using
    > BibblePro, I've tried Picture Cooler on several jpeg's and tiff files
    > (both 8 and 16 bit). It's quite effective. IMO, it is definitely
    > worth trying.

    Note, this is beta software. I did download it on an older machine and
    it is extreamly buggy at this time. If you decide to try it back up your
    registry or set a system restore point. This program needs much work.
    J_Bird, May 2, 2005

  3. Barry

    Codex Guest

    On Mon, 02 May 2005 13:40:14 -0400, J_Bird <> wrote:

    >Note, this is beta software. I did download it on an older machine and
    >it is extreamly buggy at this time. If you decide to try it back up your
    >registry or set a system restore point. This program needs much work.

    Thanks for the heads up. I was about to download it but I think I'll
    pass after reading your post.
    Codex, May 2, 2005
  4. Barry

    Guest

    Also note that by posting a message about the software, you get a free
    serial number for when it stops being free...! I'll take a look at it,
    but if I post a message about it (other than this one!), it will
    contain a fair review of its effectiveness, *and* a disclaimer about
    the fact that there is an incentive to post the message!
    , May 3, 2005
  5. Barry

    Barry Guest

    On Mon, 02 May 2005 13:40:14 -0400, J_Bird <> wrote:

    >Barry wrote:
    >> I recently read in another newsgroup about the noise reduction
    >> software Picture Cooler. At this time it is a free download. The link:
    >>
    >> http://www.denoiser.shorturl.com
    >>
    >> I've used it on several jpeg and tiff files. For a review of the
    >> program you can go to:
    >>
    >> http://www.michaelalmond.com/Articles/noise10.htm
    >>

    >> While I most often do any noise reduction on my RAW files using
    >> BibblePro, I've tried Picture Cooler on several jpeg's and tiff files
    >> (both 8 and 16 bit). It's quite effective. IMO, it is definitely
    >> worth trying.
    >>

    >Note, this is beta software. I did download it on an older machine and
    >it is extreamly buggy at this time. If you decide to try it back up your
    >registry or set a system restore point. This program needs much work.

    I had absolutely no problem whatsoever installing the program. In
    another post someone wrote about the free serial number. Certainly
    that's made clear on the web site. Also, as far as an independent
    review, I had included a link to a review by Michael Almond.

    Whether or not a person wants to try beta software is certainly a
    personal issue. If the writer's marketing plan is to offer a free
    serial number that by itself does not diminish the software's
    effectiveness.

    No flame intended here. I really just wanted to clear up 2 things:

    1. For me on my system I had *no* problems
    2. Clever marketing is not in itself bad
    Barry, May 3, 2005
  6. Barry

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Barry wrote:
    > On Mon, 02 May 2005 13:40:14 -0400, J_Bird <> wrote:
    >

    >>Barry wrote:
    >>
    >>>I recently read in another newsgroup about the noise reduction
    >>>software Picture Cooler. At this time it is a free download. The link:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.denoiser.shorturl.com
    >>>
    >>>I've used it on several jpeg and tiff files. For a review of the
    >>>program you can go to:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.michaelalmond.com/Articles/noise10.htm
    >>>

    >>>While I most often do any noise reduction on my RAW files using
    >>>BibblePro, I've tried Picture Cooler on several jpeg's and tiff files
    >>>(both 8 and 16 bit). It's quite effective. IMO, it is definitely
    >>>worth trying.
    >>>

    >>Note, this is beta software. I did download it on an older machine and
    >>it is extreamly buggy at this time. If you decide to try it back up your
    >>registry or set a system restore point. This program needs much work.

    > I had absolutely no problem whatsoever installing the program. In
    > another post someone wrote about the free serial number. Certainly
    > that's made clear on the web site. Also, as far as an independent
    > review, I had included a link to a review by Michael Almond.
    >
    > Whether or not a person wants to try beta software is certainly a
    > personal issue. If the writer's marketing plan is to offer a free
    > serial number that by itself does not diminish the software's
    > effectiveness.
    >
    > No flame intended here. I really just wanted to clear up 2 things:
    >
    > 1. For me on my system I had *no* problems
    > 2. Clever marketing is not in itself bad

    I also had no problem. The program installed correctly, the serial
    number arrived instantly, and the program accepted it. It needs some
    work, but does seem to do what it is claimed to do, although my results
    weren't as good as the examples...

    --
    Ron Hunter
    Ron Hunter, May 3, 2005