    have ever used--far superior to Noise Ninja, Focal Blade, Neat Image & Ultra
    Sharpen.

    Bob

    15034229, May 2, 2005

  2. 15034229 wrote:
    > I have been using Picture Cooler and find it to be one of the best
    > denoisers I have ever used--far superior to Noise Ninja, Focal Blade,
    > Neat Image & Ultra Sharpen.
    >
    > Bob

    .... and they paid you for that opinion?

    David J Taylor, May 3, 2005

  3. 15034229

    Owamanga Guest

    On Tue, 03 May 2005 07:52:36 GMT, "David J Taylor"
    <-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk> wrote:

    >15034229 wrote:
    >> I have been using Picture Cooler and find it to be one of the best
    >> denoisers I have ever used--far superior to Noise Ninja, Focal Blade,
    >> Neat Image & Ultra Sharpen.
    >>
    >> Bob

    >... and they paid you for that opinion?

    Yes, that's the deal. Free software when/if it becomes commercial if
    you advertise it in this way. The sure markings of a scam. Because of
    this, you can't believe anything positive anybody says about unless
    you know/trust them in the NG already. A very stupid idea really.

    I'll say nothing about the product at this point, but I am prepared to
    accuse the author of inducing & promoting advertising spam because he
    created the award scheme and failed to set any boundaries. That's not
    good for anyone. He'll never see a cent from my pocket.

    --
    Owamanga!
    http://www.pbase.com/owamanga

    Owamanga, May 3, 2005
  4. 15034229

    Ron Hunter Guest

    David J Taylor wrote:
    > 15034229 wrote:
    >
    >>I have been using Picture Cooler and find it to be one of the best
    >>denoisers I have ever used--far superior to Noise Ninja, Focal Blade,
    >>Neat Image & Ultra Sharpen.
    >>
    >>Bob

    > ... and they paid you for that opinion?

    I found it moderately useful, and quite processor intensive. Needs some
    work on the user friendly aspect. A better indicator that it is working
    on something is needed.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, May 3, 2005
  5. 15034229

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Owamanga wrote:
    > On Tue, 03 May 2005 07:52:36 GMT, "David J Taylor"
    > <-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk> wrote:
    >

    >>15034229 wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have been using Picture Cooler and find it to be one of the best
    >>>denoisers I have ever used--far superior to Noise Ninja, Focal Blade,
    >>>Neat Image & Ultra Sharpen.
    >>>
    >>>Bob

    >>... and they paid you for that opinion?

    > Yes, that's the deal. Free software when/if it becomes commercial if
    > you advertise it in this way. The sure markings of a scam. Because of
    > this, you can't believe anything positive anybody says about unless
    > you know/trust them in the NG already. A very stupid idea really.
    >
    > I'll say nothing about the product at this point, but I am prepared to
    > accuse the author of inducing & promoting advertising spam because he
    > created the award scheme and failed to set any boundaries. That's not
    > good for anyone. He'll never see a cent from my pocket.
    >
    > --
    > Owamanga!
    > http://www.pbase.com/owamanga

    I don't think the product is near ready for release yet. He is more
    interested in getting input from a number of users, I think.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, May 3, 2005