    quite unable to work with internet. Picblock had also the same kind of
    effect. Gogoadbuster was not satisfactory. Kindly help me. If possible,
    give a link of the software you suggest.
    Saurav, Dec 8, 2006

  2. Saurav

    nemo_outis Guest

    "Saurav" <> wrote in news:1165590610.370891.41450
    @n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

    > Would anyone kindly suggest a freeware program to block the
    > advrtisement banners, animations that come during browsing. I have
    > tried allinonesecretmaker, but after installing it, my computer was
    > quite unable to work with internet. Picblock had also the same kind of
    > effect. Gogoadbuster was not satisfactory. Kindly help me. If possible,
    > give a link of the software you suggest.

    Firefox with the Adblock Plus extension is very effective amd convenient.
    There are a number of alternate filter subscriptions which may be used
    (separately or together) in Adblock Plus - Easylist is a good general-
    purpose one.

    Regards,
    nemo_outis, Dec 8, 2006

  3. Saurav

    nemo_outis Guest

    "Saurav" <> wrote in news:1165590610.370891.41450
    @n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

    > Would anyone kindly suggest a freeware program to block the
    > advrtisement banners, animations that come during browsing. I have
    > tried allinonesecretmaker, but after installing it, my computer was
    > quite unable to work with internet. Picblock had also the same kind of
    > effect. Gogoadbuster was not satisfactory. Kindly help me. If possible,
    > give a link of the software you suggest.

    Privoxy is also very effective and versatile (even "right out of the box")
    but requires a bit more skill than Adblock Plus to customize.

    Regards,

    PS And the ghost of Proxomitron also lingers on.
    nemo_outis, Dec 8, 2006
  4. From: "Saurav" <>

    | Would anyone kindly suggest a freeware program to block the
    | advrtisement banners, animations that come during browsing. I have
    | tried allinonesecretmaker, but after installing it, my computer was
    | quite unable to work with internet. Picblock had also the same kind of
    | effect. Gogoadbuster was not satisfactory. Kindly help me. If possible,
    | give a link of the software you suggest.

    I suggest SuperADBlocker...
    http://superadblocker.com/

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
    David H. Lipman, Dec 8, 2006
  5. Saurav

    Saurav Guest

    David H. Lipman wrote:
    > From: "Saurav" <>
    >
    > | Would anyone kindly suggest a freeware program to block the
    > | advrtisement banners, animations that come during browsing. I have
    > | tried allinonesecretmaker, but after installing it, my computer was
    > | quite unable to work with internet. Picblock had also the same kind of
    > | effect. Gogoadbuster was not satisfactory. Kindly help me. If possible,
    > | give a link of the software you suggest.
    >
    > I suggest SuperADBlocker...
    > http://superadblocker.com/
    >
    > --
    > Dave
    > http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    Thanks; but I tried SuperADBlocker which conflicts with adaware SE prof
    in XP; but I couldn't manage your last two suggestions, kindly suggest
    sth else; well, Firefox has responded well!
    Saurav, Dec 9, 2006
  6. Saurav

    Guest

    Saurav wrote:
    > David H. Lipman wrote:
    > > From: "Saurav" <>
    > >
    > > | Would anyone kindly suggest a freeware program to block the
    > > | advrtisement banners, animations that come during browsing. I have
    > > | tried allinonesecretmaker, but after installing it, my computer was
    > > | quite unable to work with internet. Picblock had also the same kind of
    > > | effect. Gogoadbuster was not satisfactory. Kindly help me. If possible,
    > > | give a link of the software you suggest.
    > >
    > > I suggest SuperADBlocker...
    > > http://superadblocker.com/
    > >
    > > --
    > > Dave
    > > http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
    > > http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    > Thanks; but I tried SuperADBlocker which conflicts with adaware SE prof
    > in XP; but I couldn't manage your last two suggestions, kindly suggest
    > sth else; well, Firefox has responded well!

    What specific issues did you have? We have thousands of users running
    SUPERAdBlocker and AdAware SE Professional together?

    Nick Skrepetos
    SUPERAdBlocker.com
    http://www.superadblocker.com
    , Dec 9, 2006
  7. wrote:

    > Saurav wrote:
    >> David H. Lipman wrote:
    >>> From: "Saurav" <>

    >>> I suggest SuperADBlocker...
    >>> http://superadblocker.com/
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Dave
    >>> http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
    >>> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    >> Thanks; but I tried SuperADBlocker which conflicts with adaware SE prof
    >> in XP; but I couldn't manage your last two suggestions, kindly suggest
    >> sth else; well, Firefox has responded well!

    > What specific issues did you have? We have thousands of users running
    > SUPERAdBlocker and AdAware SE Professional together?

    What does "running" mean in terms of being a proxy program which rathers
    hacks/intercepts rather than cleanly redirects traffic?

    Anyway, AdAware is crap par excellance. I'd only install it if I actually
    wanted to have such conflicts and other system problems.
    Sebastian Gottschalk, Dec 9, 2006
  8. Saurav

    Saurav Guest

    wrote:
    > What specific issues did you have? We have thousands of users running
    > SUPERAdBlocker and AdAware SE Professional together?

    My computer got very slow; problems with shut down; problems with
    internet explorer - it almost stopped working.
    Saurav, Dec 10, 2006
  9. Saurav wrote:

    > problems with internet explorer

    Well, that's a corollary.