pics, right click save as, only bmp available

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Quiz Time, Dec 19, 2004.

  1. Quiz Time

    Quiz Time Guest

    Hello there. I have installed a new windows XP (Pro) Update and restarted my
    computer, went to newsgroups (using outlook express) with the pics and when
    I right clicked on the pic and hit 'save as', it's only giving me the option
    to save as BMP

    Thats odd, usually its jpg, so i clicked to see if there was any other
    options to see if the drop down menu would allow me to save as jpg, no other
    options listed, so i checked other newsgroups and even opened a saved email
    with jpg's in the email and right clicked and even there only bmp is coming
    up as the option for 'save as'

    somethings not right here,

    how do i fix this?

    thanks in advance

    Claire
    Quiz Time, Dec 19, 2004

  2. Quiz Time

    Ingeborg Guest

    "Quiz Time" <> wrote in

    > Hello there. I have installed a new windows XP (Pro) Update and
    > restarted my computer, went to newsgroups (using outlook express) with
    > the pics and when I right clicked on the pic and hit 'save as', it's
    > only giving me the option to save as BMP
    >
    > Thats odd, usually its jpg, so i clicked to see if there was any other
    > options to see if the drop down menu would allow me to save as jpg, no
    > other options listed, so i checked other newsgroups and even opened a
    > saved email with jpg's in the email and right clicked and even there
    > only bmp is coming up as the option for 'save as'
    >
    > somethings not right here,
    >
    > how do i fix this?
    >
    > thanks in advance
    >
    > Claire

    I once read that the same problem in IE sometimes is resolved by cleaning
    up the 'Temporary Internet Files'. Control Panel->Internet Options.
    Ingeborg, Dec 19, 2004

  3. Quiz Time

    °Mike° Guest

    Empty your temporary internet files cache.
    See my signature.

    On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:49:30 GMT, in
    <uNexd.201$>
    Quiz Time scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 19, 2004
  4. Quiz Time

    Quiz Time Guest

    Thank you very much, its appreciated and it worked.

    Claire

    Quiz Time, Dec 19, 2004
  5. Quiz Time

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 13:10:23 GMT, in
    <35fxd.204$>
    Quiz Time scrawled:

    >Thank you very much, its appreciated and it worked.
    >
    >Claire
    >

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Empty your temporary internet files cache.
    >> See my signature.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance