    --
    a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

    Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

    Al Dykes, Sep 26, 2005

  2. Al Dykes

    Mark² Guest

    Al Dykes wrote:
    > I did the march several times against Johnson and Nixon. I never
    > figured I'd have to do it again.
    >

    > http://www.6gen.com/photography/WDC/index.html
    >
    > I have about 100 more reaction shots that I may find time to work into
    > the story.

    Bush should take heart...
    -Because according to these pictures, he's opposed only by clowns, devils,
    and foul-mouthed weirdos.

    Mark², Sep 26, 2005

  3. Al Dykes

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Mark² <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >Al Dykes wrote:
    >> I did the march several times against Johnson and Nixon. I never
    >> figured I'd have to do it again.
    >>

    >> http://www.6gen.com/photography/WDC/index.html
    >>
    >> I have about 100 more reaction shots that I may find time to work into
    >> the story.

    >Bush should take heart...
    >-Because according to these pictures, he's opposed only by clowns, devils,
    >and foul-mouthed weirdos.

    Pro-war republicans live to hate.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Sep 26, 2005
  4. Al Dykes

    ASAAR Guest

    On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 20:21:56 -0700, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
    number here)@cox..net> wrote:

    >> http://www.6gen.com/photography/WDC/index.html
    >>
    >> I have about 100 more reaction shots that I may find time to work into
    >> the story.

    > Bush should take heart...
    > -Because according to these pictures, he's opposed only by clowns,
    > devils, and foul-mouthed weirdos.

    Yeah, I've heard that he's losing support from his "base". But he
    can count on you to the end, not that you don't belong in that group
    too. <g>

    ASAAR, Sep 26, 2005
  5. Al Dykes

    Peter Guest

    "ASAAR" <> wrote in message news:...
    > On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 20:21:56 -0700, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
    > number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >
    > >> http://www.6gen.com/photography/WDC/index.html
    > >>
    > >> I have about 100 more reaction shots that I may find time to work into
    > >> the story.

    > > Bush should take heart...
    > > -Because according to these pictures, he's opposed only by clowns,
    > > devils, and foul-mouthed weirdos.

    > Yeah, I've heard that he's losing support from his "base".

    It's been fascinating to watch this erosion of support. It's coming
    from all sectors -- even my rabid right roommate, who's an officer
    in our county's Republican Party chapter and a fierce Bush
    supporter in the last two elections now is calling his presidency
    "an unprecedented disaster for America".

    Peter, Sep 26, 2005
  6. Al Dykes

    SCD Guest

    SCD, Sep 26, 2005
  7. Al Dykes

    Father Kodak Guest

    On 25 Sep 2005 20:27:24 -0400, (Al Dykes) wrote:

    >I did the march several times against Johnson and Nixon. I never
    >figured I'd have to do it again.

    Same here.

    No matter what the rapid Republicans would like to think, history will
    judge Bush and his supporters very, very harshly. And deep down, they
    all know it, else they wouldn't be so testy and slimy (as in sliming
    all their opponents.)

    Katrina was an eye-opener for the country, but the evidence was
    already there to see in so many different ways. (the economy, poverty
    rates, trade deficit, Iraq, Osama is still running around free, etc.,
    etc.). And those are the issues we KNOW about now.

    What will we learn about when the next terrorist attack happens?

    >http://www.6gen.com/photography/WDC/index.html
    >
    >I have about 100 more reaction shots that I may find time to work into
    >the story.

    ~~ Father (of two) Kodak ~~

    Father Kodak, Sep 26, 2005
  8. Al Dykes

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    > Al Dykes wrote:
    >> I did the march several times against Johnson and Nixon. I never
    >> figured I'd have to do it again.
    >>

    >> http://www.6gen.com/photography/WDC/index.html
    >>
    >> I have about 100 more reaction shots that I may find time to work into
    >> the story.

    > Bush should take heart...
    > -Because according to these pictures, he's opposed only by clowns, devils,
    > and foul-mouthed weirdos.

    Mark,

    I don't know you, but I'm guessing you're a young white male. Am I right?

    Kinon O'Cann, Sep 26, 2005
  9. Al Dykes

    Mark² Guest

    Kinon O'Cann wrote:
    >> Al Dykes wrote:
    >>> I did the march several times against Johnson and Nixon. I never
    >>> figured I'd have to do it again.
    >>>

    >>> http://www.6gen.com/photography/WDC/index.html
    >>>
    >>> I have about 100 more reaction shots that I may find time to work
    >>> into the story.

    >> Bush should take heart...
    >> -Because according to these pictures, he's opposed only by clowns,
    >> devils, and foul-mouthed weirdos.

    > Mark,
    >
    > I don't know you, but I'm guessing you're a young white male. Am I
    > right?

    Did you look at the pictures?
    If not, take a look, and then you'll understand the HUMOR.

    Mark², Sep 26, 2005
  10. Al Dykes

    Bruce Lewis Guest

    "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> writes:

    > Kinon O'Cann wrote:
    > > "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message

    > >> Bush should take heart...
    > >> -Because according to these pictures, he's opposed only by clowns,
    > >> devils, and foul-mouthed weirdos.

    > > Mark,
    > >
    > > I don't know you, but I'm guessing you're a young white male. Am I
    > > right?

    > Did you look at the pictures?
    > If not, take a look, and then you'll understand the HUMOR.

    Oh, I get it. One of the pictures shows someone in a devil mask and you
    said "devil." Another picture shows someone in a clown outfit and you
    said "clown". One of the signs included foul language and you said
    "foul-mouthed". Sorry, the humor was too subtle for us.

    Oh yes, most of the pictures show normal-looking people and you said
    "only." Hilarious. Maybe you and Bill O'Reilly should get together and
    write a joke book.

    Bruce Lewis, Sep 26, 2005
  11. Al Dykes

    Kinon O'cann Guest

    > Kinon O'Cann wrote:
    >> "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote in message

    >>> Bush should take heart...
    >>> -Because according to these pictures, he's opposed only by clowns,
    >>> devils, and foul-mouthed weirdos.

    >> Mark,
    >>
    >> I don't know you, but I'm guessing you're a young white male. Am I
    >> right?

    > Did you look at the pictures?
    > If not, take a look, and then you'll understand the HUMOR.

    Yes, I looked at the pictures. So am I right?

    Kinon O'cann, Sep 26, 2005
  12. Al Dykes

    Kinon O'cann Guest

    "Father Kodak" <> wrote in message
    > On 25 Sep 2005 20:27:24 -0400, (Al Dykes) wrote:
    >

    >>I did the march several times against Johnson and Nixon. I never
    >>figured I'd have to do it again.

    > Same here.
    >
    > No matter what the rapid Republicans would like to think, history will
    > judge Bush and his supporters very, very harshly. And deep down, they
    > all know it, else they wouldn't be so testy and slimy (as in sliming
    > all their opponents.)

    Did you hear Barbara's (Bush) comment? It referred to the evacuees in the
    Superdome who were living in utter filth: "(paraphrase) "They were
    underprivledged anyway." The apple didn't fall far from the tree, did it?

    Kinon O'cann, Sep 26, 2005
  13. On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:28:29 -0400, "Kinon O'cann"
    <Yes.it's.me.Bowser> wrote:

    >"Father Kodak" <> wrote in message
    >> On 25 Sep 2005 20:27:24 -0400, (Al Dykes) wrote:
    >>

    >>>I did the march several times against Johnson and Nixon. I never
    >>>figured I'd have to do it again.

    >> Same here.
    >>
    >> No matter what the rapid Republicans would like to think, history will
    >> judge Bush and his supporters very, very harshly. And deep down, they
    >> all know it, else they wouldn't be so testy and slimy (as in sliming
    >> all their opponents.)

    >Did you hear Barbara's (Bush) comment? It referred to the evacuees in the
    >Superdome who were living in utter filth: "(paraphrase) "They were
    >underprivledged anyway." The apple didn't fall far from the tree, did it?

    And we should have compassion for those who live on stolen money?
    Every cent the government has is taken by the implied threat of
    violence. If you are living on the government dole you are living
    on stolen money.

    If they didn't want to live in filth in the Superdome, maybe they
    should have organized themselves and cleaned it up rather than
    standing around waiting on somebody else to do it.

    "In general, the art of government consists in taking as
    much money as possible from one party of the citizens
    to give to the other."

    Voltaire (1764)

    John A. Stovall, Sep 26, 2005
  14. Al Dykes

    Kinon O'cann Guest

    "John A. Stovall" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:28:29 -0400, "Kinon O'cann"
    > <Yes.it's.me.Bowser> wrote:
    >

    >>"Father Kodak" <> wrote in message

    >>> Same here.
    >>>
    >>> No matter what the rapid Republicans would like to think, history will
    >>> judge Bush and his supporters very, very harshly. And deep down, they
    >>> all know it, else they wouldn't be so testy and slimy (as in sliming
    >>> all their opponents.)

    >>Did you hear Barbara's (Bush) comment? It referred to the evacuees in the
    >>Superdome who were living in utter filth: "(paraphrase) "They were
    >>underprivledged anyway." The apple didn't fall far from the tree, did it?

    > And we should have compassion for those who live on stolen money?
    > Every cent the government has is taken by the implied threat of
    > violence. If you are living on the government dole you are living
    > on stolen money.

    I'm not on the gov dole, and I'm not sure what you mean. Do you pay taxes?
    If not, please tell me how you manage to avoid it. I'll pay for the
    knowledge.

    > If they didn't want to live in filth in the Superdome, maybe they
    > should have organized themselves and cleaned it up rather than
    > standing around waiting on somebody else to do it.

    Clean it? With what? All those cleaning supplies they managed to take from
    their flooded homes? Seriously, the toilets backed up, there was nowhere to
    go, they had nothing but the clothes they were wearing, and you really
    expect them to clean up the Superdome? And put the refuse where? In the
    flooded streets? Barbra Bush has a reputation as a incredibly aloof
    vidinctive person with utterly no compassion for anyone. This comment was
    proof.

    Kinon O'cann, Sep 26, 2005
  15. Al Dykes

    ASAAR Guest

    On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:43:21 -0400, Kinon O'cann wrote:

    > Barbra Bush has a reputation as a incredibly aloof vidinctive person
    > with utterly no compassion for anyone. This comment was proof.

    Shrub has already said (and probably on many occasions) that he
    gets his sharp tongue from his mother. How his father got trapped
    by that harridan is quite a puzzle. Methinks if it ever turns out
    that Babs has a secret illegitimate child, it may go by the name of
    John A. Stovall.

    ASAAR, Sep 26, 2005
  16. Al Dykes

    SMS Guest

    Peter wrote:

    > It's been fascinating to watch this erosion of support. It's coming
    > from all sectors.

    This is true. It's one thing for the left-wing to oppose Bush's
    policies, but it's heartening to see the right wing finally beginning to
    get it, at least with regard to Iraq.

    SMS, Sep 26, 2005
  17. Al Dykes

    Cathy Guest

    "ASAAR" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:43:21 -0400, Kinon O'cann wrote:
    >
    > > Barbra Bush has a reputation as a incredibly aloof vidinctive person
    > > with utterly no compassion for anyone. This comment was proof.

    > Shrub has already said (and probably on many occasions) that he
    > gets his sharp tongue from his mother. How his father got trapped
    > by that harridan is quite a puzzle. Methinks if it ever turns out
    > that Babs has a secret illegitimate child, it may go by the name of
    > John A. Stovall.

    Some men like to be bossed around by their wives, so they marry a woman
    who is kind of bossy.
    It fulfills their needs. And just because Barbara is bossy, if in fact
    she is, does The Shrub as you like to call him, have to be the same? :)
    We could blame our parents for everything. My sister used to have a
    boyfriend who was bossy and she and he constantly argued. I could never
    understand their relationship or how it lasted. I guess they thrived on
    arguing.

    Cathy

    Cathy, Sep 26, 2005
  18. On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:43:21 -0400, "Kinon O'cann"
    <Yes.it's.me.Bowser> wrote:

    >"John A. Stovall" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:28:29 -0400, "Kinon O'cann"
    >> <Yes.it's.me.Bowser> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Father Kodak" <> wrote in message

    >>>Did you hear Barbara's (Bush) comment? It referred to the evacuees in the
    >>>Superdome who were living in utter filth: "(paraphrase) "They were
    >>>underprivledged anyway." The apple didn't fall far from the tree, did it?

    >> And we should have compassion for those who live on stolen money?
    >> Every cent the government has is taken by the implied threat of
    >> violence. If you are living on the government dole you are living
    >> on stolen money.

    >I'm not on the gov dole, and I'm not sure what you mean. Do you pay taxes?
    >If not, please tell me how you manage to avoid it. I'll pay for the
    >knowledge.

    I pay protection money to keep the government thugs away.

    Taxation is Theft.

    -James Nachtwey-
    http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

    John A. Stovall, Sep 27, 2005
  19. Al Dykes

    Rich Guest

    On 25 Sep 2005 20:27:24 -0400, (Al Dykes) wrote:

    >I did the march several times against Johnson and Nixon. I never
    >figured I'd have to do it again.

    Funny how passivity in one situation achieves a much more horrific
    result than activism during another. You marched against Vietnam
    (55,000 Americans died) and Iraq (2,200 Americans dead) but not when
    Clinton sat back and watched 800,000 Rwandans died for lack of effort
    on the part of the U.S. and the U.N., yet both were heavily involved.
    -Rich

    Rich, Sep 27, 2005
  20. Al Dykes

    ASAAR Guest

    On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 18:55:09 -0400, Cathy wrote:

    > Some men like to be bossed around by their wives, so they marry a
    > woman who is kind of bossy.It fulfills their needs. And just because
    > Barbara is bossy, if in fact she is, does The Shrub as you like to call him,
    > have to be the same? :)

    No, he doesn't have to be the same. By many accounts, Jeb is
    "kinder and gentler", but Shrub (or Dubya) does have a mean streak,
    at least compared to his brothers. I heard part of a short
    interview with one of his brothers, probably Neil, who recounted
    that when they were children, George would occasionally make him run
    while taking pot shots at him with a BB gun. He thought it was it
    was funny, BTW, and a sign of his brother's "leadership" potential.
    :)

    > We could blame our parents for everything. My sister used to have a
    > boyfriend who was bossy and she and he constantly argued. I could
    > never understand their relationship or how it lasted. I guess they
    > thrived on arguing.

    I heard an interview with Paul Reiser and Peter Falk (probably on
    Fresh Air, and if so, it should be re-aired withing minutes) about a
    movie they just made where Peter Falk plays a character based on
    Paul's father. Supposedly, the father's first word was always "No".
    He loved disagreeing and couldn't admit that he was wrong about
    anything. I do believe I've seen him in this newsgroup, using an
    alias of course. :)

    BTW, some cultures appear to argue more than others, including
    what appear to be many scattered insults. At least it appears that
    way to some outsiders, but to the people involved, they see it as
    playful teasing, and anger isn't a part of it.

    ASAAR, Sep 27, 2005