    be very expensive?
    Thank you,

    Janko

    Janko, Oct 11, 2006

  2. Janko

    acl Guest

    Janko wrote:
    > Hi all, I have a simple Pentax Optio 430 RS, that always worked very
    > well, but two days ago it started to take reallly weird pictures. Every
    > picture I take in a "normal light" (anywhere during the day, even
    > inside a building) is saved as a very very white and blured picture.
    > Can someone tell me what is happened? Is there a way to fix it? Will it
    > be very expensive?
    > Thank you,

    It sounds like it is overexposed. Perhaps you changed the exposure mode
    to manual or added compensation or something similar. Could you post a
    sample image on line somewhere so we could look at it?

    acl, Oct 11, 2006

  3. Janko

    bugbear Guest

    acl wrote:
    > Janko wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all, I have a simple Pentax Optio 430 RS, that always worked very
    >> well, but two days ago it started to take reallly weird pictures. Every
    >> picture I take in a "normal light" (anywhere during the day, even
    >> inside a building) is saved as a very very white and blured picture.
    >> Can someone tell me what is happened? Is there a way to fix it? Will it
    >> be very expensive?
    >> Thank you,

    > It sounds like it is overexposed. Perhaps you changed the exposure mode
    > to manual or added compensation or something similar. Could you post a
    > sample image on line somewhere so we could look at it?

    Specifically a (over)long exposure, giving over-exposure
    AND blur.

    Over exposure via (over)fast ISO, or (over)wide aperture would have
    different effects.

    BugBear

    bugbear, Oct 11, 2006
  4. Janko

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On 11 Oct 2006 06:33:49 -0700, in rec.photo.digital "Janko"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi all, I have a simple Pentax Optio 430 RS, that always worked very
    >well, but two days ago it started to take reallly weird pictures. Every
    >picture I take in a "normal light" (anywhere during the day, even
    >inside a building) is saved as a very very white and blured picture.
    >Can someone tell me what is happened? Is there a way to fix it? Will it
    >be very expensive?

    Since this camera appears to have no shutter priority or manual modes,
    check to see if exposure compensation has been set. Next would be to
    look to see if it has a menu option to reset all defaults or if there
    is a reset button hidden somewhere. Absent that remove the batteries
    and let sit for days to try totally powering off. As far as repairs go
    I'd forget that, standard repairs charges are well above what the
    camera is worth these days.
    -
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Oct 11, 2006
  5. Janko

    Janko Guest

    Ed Ruf ha scritto:
    > look to see if it has a menu option to reset all defaults or if there
    > is a reset button hidden somewhere.

    I've tried to reset the camera but nothing, it seems woking well in low
    light but (artificial light during night) but almost white pictures
    during normal light (not really strong...)
    Janko

    Janko, Oct 11, 2006
  6. On 11 Oct 2006 12:16:28 -0700, in rec.photo.digital "Janko"
    <> wrote:

    >Ed Ruf ha scritto:
    >> look to see if it has a menu option to reset all defaults or if there
    >> is a reset button hidden somewhere.

    >I've tried to reset the camera but nothing, it seems woking well in low
    >light but (artificial light during night) but almost white pictures
    >during normal light (not really strong...)

    Try looking at the exif info between an old shot the was metered properly
    and a new one in a similar scene that isn't. At this point it sounds like
    the metering is messed up. Even a change to spot from matrix /full frame
    shouldn't cause what your seem to be seeing. If you could post a good old
    and bad new of similar scenes that might help others figure it out. But at
    this point it is not sounding too good.
    --
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Oct 11, 2006
  7. Janko

    Guest

    Janko wrote:
    > Hi all, I have a simple Pentax Optio 430 RS, that always worked very
    > well, but two days ago it started to take reallly weird pictures. Every
    > picture I take in a "normal light" (anywhere during the day, even
    > inside a building) is saved as a very very white and blured picture.
    > Can someone tell me what is happened? Is there a way to fix it? Will it
    > be very expensive?
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Janko

    It sounds like either the metering or the shutter is broken. I had the
    same thing happen with my Fuji F700 - it worked fine for a while, and
    then one day the shutter speed wouldn't go faster than about 1/100,
    even in manual mode. I could set it to 1/2000, but it would still shoot
    much slower and overexpose the picture. I don't know if or how this
    could be fixed. My camera was past the warranty period and I didn't try
    to fix it. I got a new camera instead (NOT a Fuji).

    -Gniewko

    , Oct 11, 2006