    far more complicated methods, people who pick their nose and eat it
    get a natural boost to their immune system for free.'

    http://taint.org/2004/03/26/183156a.html

    Tony Spadaro, Jun 21, 2004

  2. Be still! and revere Tony Spadaro, who blessed us with their presence on
    21 Jun 2004...

    > Funny: According to a 'top Austrian doctor', picking your nose and
    > eating it is good for you:
    >
    > 'Medically it makes great sense and is a perfectly natural thing
    > to do. In terms of the immune system the nose is a filter in which a
    > great deal of bacteria are collected, and when this mixture arrives in
    > the intestines it works just like a medicine.
    >
    > 'Modern medicine is constantly trying to do the same thing through
    > far more complicated methods, people who pick their nose and eat it
    > get a natural boost to their immune system for free.'
    >
    > http://taint.org/2004/03/26/183156a.html

    If that's the case, then why do we have nasal hairs in the first place?
    :)

    --
    The Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip
    VISIT ME ONLINE AT: http://peterparsnip.blogspot.com/

    "Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with
    the rod, he shall not die." -- Proverbs 23:13 (AV)

    Vicar Peter Parsnip, Jun 21, 2004

  3. Tony Spadaro

    John Mares Guest

    "Vicar Peter Parsnip" <go@fish> wrote in message
    > Be still! and revere Tony Spadaro, who blessed us with their presence on
    > 21 Jun 2004...
    >
    > > Funny: According to a 'top Austrian doctor', picking your nose and
    > > eating it is good for you:
    > >
    > > 'Medically it makes great sense and is a perfectly natural thing
    > > to do. In terms of the immune system the nose is a filter in which a
    > > great deal of bacteria are collected, and when this mixture arrives in
    > > the intestines it works just like a medicine.
    > >
    > > 'Modern medicine is constantly trying to do the same thing through
    > > far more complicated methods, people who pick their nose and eat it
    > > get a natural boost to their immune system for free.'
    > >
    > > http://taint.org/2004/03/26/183156a.html

    > If that's the case, then why do we have nasal hairs in the first place?
    > :)

    Maybe inhaling it is not the same as ingesting it?

    Beer up the nose is much different to beer in the mouth imho.

    Just a thought.

    John Mares

    John Mares, Jun 21, 2004
  4. Tony Spadaro

    gsum Guest

    That' snot a bad idea.

    gsum, Jun 21, 2004
  5. Vicar Peter Parsnip wrote:

    > Be still! and revere Tony Spadaro, who blessed us with their presence on
    > 21 Jun 2004...
    >

    >>Funny: According to a 'top Austrian doctor', picking your nose and
    >>eating it is good for you:
    >>
    >> 'Medically it makes great sense and is a perfectly natural thing
    >>to do. In terms of the immune system the nose is a filter in which a
    >>great deal of bacteria are collected, and when this mixture arrives in
    >>the intestines it works just like a medicine.
    >>
    >> 'Modern medicine is constantly trying to do the same thing through
    >>far more complicated methods, people who pick their nose and eat it
    >>get a natural boost to their immune system for free.'
    >>
    >>http://taint.org/2004/03/26/183156a.html

    > If that's the case, then why do we have nasal hairs in the first place?
    > :)

    So we can grow old with dignity...

    David Kilpatrick, Jun 21, 2004
  6. I just wonder what that has to do with digital photo?

    Ralph in Sweden (nosepicker)

    Ralph Höglund, Jun 21, 2004
  7. Tony Spadaro wrote:

    > Funny: According to a 'top Austrian doctor', picking your nose and
    > eating it is good for you:
    >
    > 'Medically it makes great sense and is a perfectly natural thing
    > to do. In terms of the immune system the nose is a filter in which a
    > great deal of bacteria are collected, and when this mixture arrives in
    > the intestines it works just like a medicine.
    >
    > 'Modern medicine is constantly trying to do the same thing through
    > far more complicated methods, people who pick their nose and eat it
    > get a natural boost to their immune system for free.'
    >
    > http://taint.org/2004/03/26/183156a.html

    <snort>
    --
    -------(m+
    ~/:eek:)_|

    Dennis M. Hammes, Jun 21, 2004
  8. Tony Spadaro

    ignatz topo Guest

    (Tony Spadaro) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Funny: According to a 'top Austrian doctor', picking your nose and
    > eating it is good for you:
    >
    > 'Medically it makes great sense and is a perfectly natural thing
    > to do. In terms of the immune system the nose is a filter in which a
    > great deal of bacteria are collected, and when this mixture arrives in
    > the intestines it works just like a medicine.
    >
    > 'Modern medicine is constantly trying to do the same thing through
    > far more complicated methods, people who pick their nose and eat it
    > get a natural boost to their immune system for free.'
    >
    > http://taint.org/2004/03/26/183156a.html

    The whole POINT of having a FILTER is to keep IMPURITIES OUT!

    And anyone who isn't smart enough to realize that... yes, it is a
    good, solid, Darwinian idea for you to eat your bacteria filled
    boogers.

    iggy topo

    ignatz topo, Jun 21, 2004
  9. Tony Spadaro wrote:

    > Funny: According to a 'top Austrian doctor', picking your nose and
    > eating it is good for you:
    >
    > 'Medically it makes great sense and is a perfectly natural thing
    > to do. In terms of the immune system the nose is a filter in which a
    > great deal of bacteria are collected, and when this mixture arrives in
    > the intestines it works just like a medicine.
    >
    > 'Modern medicine is constantly trying to do the same thing through
    > far more complicated methods, people who pick their nose and eat it
    > get a natural boost to their immune system for free.'
    >
    > http://taint.org/2004/03/26/183156a.html

    I'll be damned. All those times I thought I was just snackin'.

    Cm~

    Barbara's Cat, Jun 21, 2004
  10. Tony Spadaro

    Rik Roots Guest

    Tony Spadaro wrote:

    > Funny: According to a 'top Austrian doctor', picking your nose and
    > eating it is good for you:

    Why waste good protein?

    My very first grey hair was a nostril hair.

    Anyways, my Gran said if I didn't stop picking my nose the fleas would nest
    in it. I've always liked a good challenge!

    Rik, wormed annually and still knee deep.
    --
    http://www.kalieda.org
    Pop in for a browse, when you have a moment to spare ...

    Rik Roots, Jun 21, 2004
  11. David Kilpatrick wrote:

    > Vicar Peter Parsnip wrote:
    >
    > > Be still! and revere Tony Spadaro, who blessed us with their presence on
    > > 21 Jun 2004...
    > >

    > >>Funny: According to a 'top Austrian doctor', picking your nose and
    > >>eating it is good for you:
    > >>
    > >> 'Medically it makes great sense and is a perfectly natural thing
    > >>to do. In terms of the immune system the nose is a filter in which a
    > >>great deal of bacteria are collected, and when this mixture arrives in
    > >>the intestines it works just like a medicine.
    > >>
    > >> 'Modern medicine is constantly trying to do the same thing through
    > >>far more complicated methods, people who pick their nose and eat it
    > >>get a natural boost to their immune system for free.'
    > >>
    > >>http://taint.org/2004/03/26/183156a.html

    > > If that's the case, then why do we have nasal hairs in the first place?
    > > :)
    > >

    > So we can grow old with dignity...

    And /nothing/ beats dignified nose hairs, you betcha.

    Dennis M. Hammes, Jun 22, 2004
  12. ignatz topo wrote:

    > (Tony Spadaro) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > Funny: According to a 'top Austrian doctor', picking your nose and
    > > eating it is good for you:
    > >
    > > 'Medically it makes great sense and is a perfectly natural thing
    > > to do. In terms of the immune system the nose is a filter in which a
    > > great deal of bacteria are collected, and when this mixture arrives in
    > > the intestines it works just like a medicine.
    > >
    > > 'Modern medicine is constantly trying to do the same thing through
    > > far more complicated methods, people who pick their nose and eat it
    > > get a natural boost to their immune system for free.'
    > >
    > > http://taint.org/2004/03/26/183156a.html

    > The whole POINT of having a FILTER is to keep IMPURITIES OUT!

    So how the f.k did /you/ get in?

    > And anyone who isn't smart enough to realize that... yes, it is a
    > good, solid, Darwinian idea for you to eat your bacteria filled
    > boogers.
    >
    > iggy topo

    What he said.

    Dennis M. Hammes, Jun 22, 2004