    is strictly a personal setup but I would like to make it easier to find
    photos. Thank you

    Larry

    Larry, Jan 18, 2006

  2. Larry

    Jeremy Guest

    "Larry" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns974F4498172C3larrybeattieshawca@64.59.144.76...
    >I am currently using Picassa 2 and using its label feature extensively.
    > However, I seem to be outgrowing labels. I have almost as many labels as
    > folders. I am thinking that I need something with 'key' word handling.
    > This
    > is strictly a personal setup but I would like to make it easier to find
    > photos. Thank you
    >
    > Larry

    Corel Photo Album 6 handles keywords very elegantly.

    Jeremy, Jan 18, 2006

  3. Larry

    Marvin Guest

    Jeremy wrote:
    > "Larry" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I am currently using Picassa 2 and using its label feature extensively.
    >>However, I seem to be outgrowing labels. I have almost as many labels as
    >>folders. I am thinking that I need something with 'key' word handling.
    >>This
    >>is strictly a personal setup but I would like to make it easier to find
    >>photos. Thank you
    >>
    >>Larry

    > Corel Photo Album 6 handles keywords very elegantly.

    It also indexes CDs, and the last time I looked Picassa didn't do that.

    Marvin, Jan 18, 2006
  4. Larry

    HornBlower Guest

    Corel Photo Album looks good. However, getting all of your images in to it
    and catalog is going to be a major time consuming process. That was one
    thing I didn't like about it. With Picasa I could organize in to directories
    and then Picasa did most of the work.

    Unfortunately, you are right. It is quite easy to out-grow Picasa. I am also
    concerned that we are going more than a year without any word of a major
    upgrade. Sure the program is free, but they need to upgrade it more often.
    They have a few minors one, basically to add support for other cameras RAW
    files. But, we need things done to the program itself.

    I am going to give them until the middle of 2006. If they haven't annouced
    or released a new version by then, I will find something else.

    Personally, I feel it being free is part of the problem. If that is the case
    then they should charge for it. Say $19.95 with $9.95 upgrades (major
    revisions, not minor ones).

    Robert

    HornBlower, Jan 18, 2006
  5. Larry

    Guest

    Control-K will allow you to type in keywords for any picture (I haven't
    tried to use it for multiple pictures, but it might work).

    - Barry

    , Jan 18, 2006
  6. Larry

    Paul Allen Guest

    Larry wrote:
    > I am currently using Picassa 2 and using its label feature extensively.
    > However, I seem to be outgrowing labels. I have almost as many labels as
    > folders. I am thinking that I need something with 'key' word handling. This
    > is strictly a personal setup but I would like to make it easier to find
    > photos. Thank you

    In the scheme I use, tags are hierarchical. When you open the tags
    widget, it just shows the top-level tags: "people", "places", "animals",
    "birds", "plants", etc. The hierarchy has a couple hundred different
    tags and is growing, but it's not overwhelming. My stuff's not easily
    usable on Windows, but you might look for something that handles tags
    (labels) similarly.

    Paul Allen

    Paul Allen, Jan 19, 2006