  1. BD[MCNGP]

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    Fire official: Man's cell phone apparently sets him ablaze
    POSTED: 7:17 a.m. EST, January 16, 2007

    VALLEJO, California (AP) -- A cell phone apparently ignited in a man's pocket
    and started a fire that burned his hotel room and caused severe burns over half
    his body, fire department officials said.

    http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/15/cell.phone.fire.ap/index.html?eref=rss_tech

    BD[MCNGP], Jan 17, 2007

  2. BD[MCNGP]

    kpg Guest

    "BD[MCNGP]" <...---...> wrote in

    > Fire official: Man's cell phone apparently sets him ablaze
    > POSTED: 7:17 a.m. EST, January 16, 2007
    >

    > VALLEJO, California (AP) -- A cell phone apparently ignited in a man's
    > pocket and started a fire that burned his hotel room and caused severe
    > burns over half his body, fire department officials said.
    >
    > http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/15/cell.phone.fire.ap/index.html?eref=rss
    > _tech

    Like the exploding laptops.

    Product idea: A cell phone case made from thermally insulated Kevlar!

    kpg, Jan 17, 2007

  3. BD[MCNGP]

    TurkReno Guest

    "BD[MCNGP]" <...---...> wrote in

    > Fire official: Man's cell phone apparently sets him ablaze
    > POSTED: 7:17 a.m. EST, January 16, 2007
    >

    > VALLEJO, California (AP) -- A cell phone apparently ignited in a man's
    > pocket and started a fire that burned his hotel room and caused severe
    > burns over half his body, fire department officials said.
    >
    > http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/15/cell.phone.fire.ap/index.html?

    eref=rss
    > _tech

    He's a terrorist and got what he deserved.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50

    TurkReno, Jan 17, 2007
  4. BD[MCNGP]

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >He's a terrorist and got what he deserved.

    how come?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 19, 2007
  5. BD[MCNGP]

    kpg Guest

    "BD[MCNGP]" <...---...> wrote in

    > Fire official: Man's cell phone apparently sets him ablaze
    > POSTED: 7:17 a.m. EST, January 16, 2007
    >

    > VALLEJO, California (AP) -- A cell phone apparently ignited in a man's
    > pocket and started a fire that burned his hotel room and caused severe
    > burns over half his body, fire department officials said.
    >
    > http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/15/cell.phone.fire.ap/index.html?eref=rss
    > _tech

    Followup:

    Cell phone ruled out as cause of fire that injured man
    Investigator revises findings after Nokia expert examined phone

    http://tinyurl.com/yov26g

    kp "The Fire Investigator now drives a fully loaded Escalade" g

    kpg, Jan 19, 2007
  6. BD[MCNGP]

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message

    > Followup:
    >

    > Cell phone ruled out as cause of fire that injured man
    > Investigator revises findings after Nokia expert examined phone
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/yov26g
    >
    > kp "The Fire Investigator now drives a fully loaded Escalade" g

    Nice, I knew it wasn't the phone that caused anything. C'mon, if it was IN his
    pocket at the time, don't you think he would have felt the heat and woke up? If
    not, he was drunk off his a$$. In which case, it probably still wasn't the phone
    that started it, it was his drunk a$$.

    --
    BD

    BD[MCNGP], Jan 19, 2007
  7. BD[MCNGP]

    TurkReno Guest

    Kline Sphere <.@> wrote in news:eek::

    >>He's a terrorist and got what he deserved.

    > how come?
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Because no one would walk around with a bomb in their pocket without good
    reason to cause terror to another individual.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50

    TurkReno, Jan 21, 2007