    --
    LSMFT

    I look outside this morning and everything was in 3D!
    LSMFT, Aug 19, 2010

  2. LSMFT

    Mike Easter Guest

    LSMFT wrote:
    > Anybody know how to get rid of that people directory in Picasa and stop
    > that scanning for faces bull crap? I don't want it and can't stop it or
    > get rid of it.

    Disclaimer: I've never used Picasa, but I know where its help pages are.

    There is Picasa and Picasa Web.

    The function of which you speak is called 'name tags' - the pics are
    scanned for faces so that you can give them a name, which would be
    useful for some purposes.

    The nametags are enabled by default in Picasa. You toggle them on/off in
    Tools/Options/ Name tags tab -

    In Picasa Web Albums, the nametags are disabled by default. The
    instructions for enabling are disabling are at the link (which also
    shows instructions for Picasa):

    http://picasa.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=sv&answer=106509
    Enable or disable name tags

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Aug 19, 2010

  3. LSMFT

    LSMFT Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > LSMFT wrote:
    >> Anybody know how to get rid of that people directory in Picasa and
    >> stop that scanning for faces bull crap? I don't want it and can't stop
    >> it or get rid of it.

    > Disclaimer: I've never used Picasa, but I know where its help pages are.
    >
    > There is Picasa and Picasa Web.
    >
    > The function of which you speak is called 'name tags' - the pics are
    > scanned for faces so that you can give them a name, which would be
    > useful for some purposes.
    >
    > The nametags are enabled by default in Picasa. You toggle them on/off in
    > Tools/Options/ Name tags tab -
    >
    > In Picasa Web Albums, the nametags are disabled by default. The
    > instructions for enabling are disabling are at the link (which also
    > shows instructions for Picasa):
    >
    > http://picasa.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=sv&answer=106509
    > Enable or disable name tags

    Ok, I found it. trouble is I had to hide 138 faces one at a time until
    the directory disappeared. No handy 'select all, delete all' of all things.

    LSMFT, Aug 19, 2010
  4. LSMFT

    LSMFT Guest

    LSMFT wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >> LSMFT wrote:
    >>> Anybody know how to get rid of that people directory in Picasa and
    >>> stop that scanning for faces bull crap? I don't want it and can't stop
    >>> it or get rid of it.

    >> Disclaimer: I've never used Picasa, but I know where its help pages are.
    >>
    >> There is Picasa and Picasa Web.
    >>
    >> The function of which you speak is called 'name tags' - the pics are
    >> scanned for faces so that you can give them a name, which would be
    >> useful for some purposes.
    >>
    >> The nametags are enabled by default in Picasa. You toggle them on/off in
    >> Tools/Options/ Name tags tab -
    >>
    >> In Picasa Web Albums, the nametags are disabled by default. The
    >> instructions for enabling are disabling are at the link (which also
    >> shows instructions for Picasa):
    >>
    >> http://picasa.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=sv&answer=106509
    >> Enable or disable name tags
    >>

    > Ok, I found it. trouble is I had to hide 138 faces one at a time until
    > the directory disappeared. No handy 'select all, delete all' of all things.

    If you don't want this thing scanning all your drives and making faces
    out of all your files, turn it off right after installing it. Else you
    could be deleting them one at a time and taking years if you have
    thousands of pictures.

    LSMFT, Aug 19, 2010
  5. LSMFT

    Dan C Guest

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:32:30 -0400, LSMFT wrote:

    > Anybody know how to get rid of that people directory in Picasa and stop
    > that scanning for faces bull crap? I don't want it and can't stop it or
    > get rid of it.

    Quickest way is to format your hard drive.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he sold Eyore to the glue factory.
    Dan C, Aug 20, 2010
  6. LSMFT

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 18:10:10 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    > On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:32:30 -0400, LSMFT wrote:
    >
    >> Anybody know how to get rid of that people directory in Picasa and stop
    >> that scanning for faces bull crap? I don't want it and can't stop it or
    >> get rid of it.

    > Q[SLAP]

    There's a nice slap for ya, Slaptard.

    Meat Plow, Aug 21, 2010