    Why do some of my pics show up with red X?
    Thank you,
    Seamus J. Wilson

    Seamus J. Wilson, Jul 21, 2006

  2. Seamus J. Wilson

    Helen Guest

    "Seamus J. Wilson" <> wrote in message
    news:blWvg.2703$Mz3.2583@fed1read07...
    >I use the subject software and find it very effective.
    > Why do some of my pics show up with red X?
    > Thank you,
    > Seamus J. Wilson

    I don't use Picasa, but possibly you've moved the originals from where
    Picasa thought they were when it first created the thumbnails?
    (I prefer FastStone for quick previews and such like)

    Helen, Jul 21, 2006

  3. Seamus J. Wilson

    Cuz Guest

    Seamus J. Wilson <> wrote:
    || I use the subject software and find it very effective.
    || Why do some of my pics show up with red X?
    || Thank you,
    || Seamus J. Wilson

    The censor has removed the images from your harddrive.

    --
    It's a place to listen and read for a while, called lurking. Get
    an idea of the tone of the community. Learn who the trolls and

    Cuz, Jul 21, 2006
  4. Seamus J. Wilson

    Helen Guest

    "Cuz" <> wrote in message

    > The censor has removed the images from your harddrive.

    What a comic you are.
    I bet you're much in demand at parties, with a sense of humour like that.

    Helen, Jul 21, 2006
  5. Seamus J. Wilson

    Bill K Guest

    Helen wrote:
    > "Cuz" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > The censor has removed the images from your harddrive.
    > >

    > What a comic you are.
    > I bet you're much in demand at parties, with a sense of humour like that.

    Bravo, Helen

    --
    Bill

    Bill K, Jul 21, 2006
  6. Seamus J. Wilson

    Helen Guest

    "Bill K" <> wrote in message

    much in demand at parties, with a sense of humour like that.

    > Bravo, Helen
    >
    > --
    > Bill

    How's that old lake Bill? Having a heatwave here, with the hottest ever UK
    July day a day or two ago. Wish I had a nice lake instead of the polluted
    little river which runs alongside my island.

    Helen, Jul 21, 2006
  7. Seamus J. Wilson

    Bill K Guest

    Helen wrote:
    > "Bill K" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > much in demand at parties, with a sense of humour like that.
    > >
    > > Bravo, Helen
    > >
    > > --
    > > Bill
    > >

    > How's that old lake Bill? Having a heatwave here, with the hottest ever UK
    > July day a day or two ago. Wish I had a nice lake instead of the polluted
    > little river which runs alongside my island.

    The lake is polluted but nice to look at. I understand it's so hot in
    Britain that the roads are melting. In Lincolnshire, the roads would
    melt if the temperature rose above 80 F. It's very hot here, which is
    normal, and raining so it is quite miserable. Maybe we could all
    convene at Roy's for the rest of the summer.

    --

    Bill in Lake Charles

    Bill K, Jul 24, 2006
  8. Seamus J. Wilson

    Helen Guest

    "Bill K" <> wrote in message

    > The lake is polluted but nice to look at. I understand it's so hot in
    > Britain that the roads are melting. In Lincolnshire, the roads would
    > melt if the temperature rose above 80 F. It's very hot here, which is
    > normal, and raining so it is quite miserable. Maybe we could all
    > convene at Roy's for the rest of the summer.

    Yes, I saw on the news they had to use winter gritting machines to
    reconstitute some roads here. I had the misfortune to have to go to central
    London today, my accountant called; the temperature on the Bakerloo line
    must have been 50 C undergound, but I read that LA has it pretty bad, temps
    over 40 C. No way.

    Helen, Jul 24, 2006
  9. Seamus J. Wilson

    SkipM Guest

    "Helen" <> wrote in message

    > "Bill K" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> The lake is polluted but nice to look at. I understand it's so hot in
    >> Britain that the roads are melting. In Lincolnshire, the roads would
    >> melt if the temperature rose above 80 F. It's very hot here, which is
    >> normal, and raining so it is quite miserable. Maybe we could all
    >> convene at Roy's for the rest of the summer.
    >>

    > Yes, I saw on the news they had to use winter gritting machines to
    > reconstitute some roads here. I had the misfortune to have to go to
    > central London today, my accountant called; the temperature on the
    > Bakerloo line must have been 50 C undergound, but I read that LA has it
    > pretty bad, temps over 40 C. No way.

    We shot a wedding north of San Diego in temps of 115F, not sure of the
    conversion, but around 40C, I'm guessing.
    A roadway in Central Cal did partially melt, causing a 5 mile backup on a
    major freeway...

    --
    Skip Middleton
    www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    SkipM, Jul 25, 2006
  10. Seamus J. Wilson

    Bill K Guest

    SkipM wrote:
    > "Helen" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Bill K" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> The lake is polluted but nice to look at. I understand it's so hot in
    > >> Britain that the roads are melting. In Lincolnshire, the roads would
    > >> melt if the temperature rose above 80 F. It's very hot here, which is
    > >> normal, and raining so it is quite miserable. Maybe we could all
    > >> convene at Roy's for the rest of the summer.
    > >>

    > > Yes, I saw on the news they had to use winter gritting machines to
    > > reconstitute some roads here. I had the misfortune to have to go to
    > > central London today, my accountant called; the temperature on the
    > > Bakerloo line must have been 50 C undergound, but I read that LA has it
    > > pretty bad, temps over 40 C. No way.
    > >

    > We shot a wedding north of San Diego in temps of 115F, not sure of the
    > conversion, but around 40C, I'm guessing.
    > A roadway in Central Cal did partially melt, causing a 5 mile backup on a
    > major freeway...
    >
    > --
    > Skip Middleton
    > www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Thank God for air conditioning. Louisiana wouldn't be habitable
    otherwise. It just barely is as it stands anyway.
    --
    Bill

    Bill K, Jul 25, 2006
  11. Seamus J. Wilson

    Helen Guest

    "Bill K" <> wrote in message

    >> We shot a wedding north of San Diego in temps of 115F, not sure of the
    >> conversion, but around 40C, I'm guessing.
    >> A roadway in Central Cal did partially melt, causing a 5 mile backup on a
    >> major freeway...
    >>

    > Thank God for air conditioning. Louisiana wouldn't be habitable
    > otherwise. It just barely is as it stands anyway.
    > --

    Aircon is a comparative rarity in the UK. One end of my local supermarket
    is very cold, the other end is hot. The best place to be at present is in
    my car.

    Helen, Jul 25, 2006
  12. Seamus J. Wilson

    Helen Guest

    "SkipM" <> wrote in message

    > We shot a wedding north of San Diego in temps of 115F, not sure of the
    > conversion, but around 40C, I'm guessing.
    > A roadway in Central Cal did partially melt, causing a 5 mile backup on a
    > major freeway...

    115 is 46!! Phew. Poor bride.

    Helen, Jul 25, 2006
  13. Seamus J. Wilson

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Bill K wrote:
    > SkipM wrote:
    >> "Helen" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Bill K" <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> Yes, I saw on the news they had to use winter gritting machines to
    >>> reconstitute some roads here. I had the misfortune to have to go to
    >>> central London today, my accountant called; the temperature on the
    >>> Bakerloo line must have been 50 C undergound, but I read that LA has it
    >>> pretty bad, temps over 40 C. No way.
    >>>

    >> We shot a wedding north of San Diego in temps of 115F, not sure of the
    >> conversion, but around 40C, I'm guessing.
    >> A roadway in Central Cal did partially melt, causing a 5 mile backup on a
    >> major freeway...
    >>
    >> --
    >> Skip Middleton
    >> www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    > Thank God for air conditioning. Louisiana wouldn't be habitable
    > otherwise. It just barely is as it stands anyway.

    Nor would most of Texas, New Mexico, or Arizona! Also, my sister-in-law
    in Kansas has been enjoying her 106 degree temps... It's a darn hot summer!
    Was a 'cool' 94 here yesterday.

    And 115F is 46C!

    Ron Hunter, Jul 26, 2006
  14. On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 02:55:49 -0500, Ron Hunter <>
    wrote:

    Snipped

    >Nor would most of Texas, New Mexico, or Arizona! Also, my sister-in-law
    >in Kansas has been enjoying her 106 degree temps... It's a darn hot summer!
    >Was a 'cool' 94 here yesterday.
    >
    >And 115F is 46C!

    I live in central Texas and you don't need air conditioning if you
    don't live in a modern box house (people have been living all over
    Texas for hundreds of years without air conditioning).

    Our house built in 1884 has no air conditioning on the first floor.
    and is conformatable in 100+ weather. You just need 12 foot ceiling,
    double hung floor to ceiling windows which you can open both at the
    top and bottom, and porches on all sides of the house and floors which
    have about a 10 foot over hang. You use the stair well as a heat
    chimney and learn to cool the house at night and keep it closed during
    the day.

    --

    "One, two, and the Depot RAR-O, I will buy you a sweet Banana.
    One, two, and the Depot RAR-O, I will buy you a sweet Banana.

    "Sweet Banana"
    Battle hymm of the Rhodesian African Rifles

    John A. Stovall, Jul 26, 2006
  15. Seamus J. Wilson

    Ron Hunter Guest

    John A. Stovall wrote:
    > On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 02:55:49 -0500, Ron Hunter <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > Snipped
    >> Nor would most of Texas, New Mexico, or Arizona! Also, my sister-in-law
    >> in Kansas has been enjoying her 106 degree temps... It's a darn hot summer!
    >> Was a 'cool' 94 here yesterday.
    >>
    >> And 115F is 46C!

    > I live in central Texas and you don't need air conditioning if you
    > don't live in a modern box house (people have been living all over
    > Texas for hundreds of years without air conditioning).
    >
    > Our house built in 1884 has no air conditioning on the first floor.
    > and is conformatable in 100+ weather. You just need 12 foot ceiling,
    > double hung floor to ceiling windows which you can open both at the
    > top and bottom, and porches on all sides of the house and floors which
    > have about a 10 foot over hang. You use the stair well as a heat
    > chimney and learn to cool the house at night and keep it closed during
    > the day.

    Sorry, but if it 100 degrees, and you have no way to cool the air, it is
    HOT. I have lived in central Texas, and lived there without air
    conditioning, but I didn't enjoy it. Believe it or not a lot of people
    live in Tuscon, AZ without air conditioning, and they think it is fine.
    I am very sensitive to heat, and am miserable at anything over 72
    degrees. On the other hand, I am quite happy at 42 degrees...
    So, everyone has his own temperature range.
    It is quite true that the old houses were designed to make living
    without air conditioning as tolerable as possible.

    Ron Hunter, Jul 27, 2006