    over when I make a backup or transfer the photos in another computer.
    >From my understanding the labels feature does not write on the photo

    itself, which I think I want for reasurrance.

    I was wondering if anyone else uses Adobe Bridge or Adobe PS Album
    Starter to vouch for their labeling/keywords feature.

    Thanks,
    Sharon
    sharjo23, Apr 24, 2006

  2. sharjo23

    Dan Guest

    Hey,

    You shouldn't worry about labels not carrying over with picasa on
    backup. Picasa stores labels and other info about images in a
    "picasa.ini" file in the image folder. So if you are backing up images
    just make sure you have that ini file copied as well.

    Adobe bridge is way too fat and slow to manage photo's with. It is good
    for other tasks though.

    Dan

    Dan, Apr 24, 2006

  3. sharjo23

    sharjo23 Guest

    Hi Dan,

    Thanks for the reply.

    What do you think are the strengths of Adobe Bridge?

    Sharon
    sharjo23, Apr 24, 2006
  4. sharjo23

    Dan Guest

    Hi,

    Personally I use Bridge to look over RAW images as Picasa doesn't
    display certain camera raw files so bridge comes in handy there. When
    you are working with multiple files in Photoshop it's easy to move
    around from bridge to Photoshop and back.

    Dan

    Dan, Apr 24, 2006