    this.

    Thanks
    John
    essenz, Mar 26, 2009

  2. essenz wrote:
    > My ASA5520 has 4 GE NIC, and one FE NIC/MGMT.
    >
    > Right now of my four GE NICs, I have outside, inside, dmz, and the
    > fourth NIC is being using for failover cable.
    >
    > I need to add one more physical network segment, inside2. Can this be
    > done on that 5 NIC the FE/MGMT? Or can failover be moved to the FE/
    > MGMT NIC freeing up the last GE port?
    >
    > I used to do this on PIX 515E's which had 6 interfaces, so failover
    > cable, and the statefull link, still left me me with enough NICs to do
    > this.

    There are multiple ways to do that. You can add Cisco ASA 5500 Series
    4-Port GE SSM card and get 4 more GE ports. You can configure management
    interface to carry production traffic (you will need Security Plus
    license, below is URL with description)

    http://supportwiki.cisco.com/ViewWi...x.x.x_dst_mgmt_y.y.y.y._error_message_appears

    Or you can use VLANs to get additional segments.

    I don't think it's a good idea to move fail-over to FE interface. If I
    remember it correctly, it should be as fast as fastest interface on the box.

    Regards,
    Andrey.
    Andrey Tarasov, Mar 26, 2009