    what really gets my goat is I wasnt even given the oppourtunity to respond
    they expect me to take that up the arse they have another thing coming!

    viva le revolution

    Shane, Jul 4, 2005

  2. Shane

    Shane Guest

    oops that was supposed to be sent to alt.bleat

    Shane, Jul 4, 2005

  3. Shane wrote:
    > oops that was supposed to be sent to alt.bleat

    no worries, I understand...
    I was in that place yesterday myself.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 4, 2005
  4. On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 01:21:23 +1200, someone purporting to be Shane didst
    scrawl:

    *SNIP*
    > farking children and thier farking childish petty backstabbing BS
    > and if I take an SLR to work and kill them _I'M_ the one that gets in
    > trouble :)

    *SNIP*

    You shouldn't have taken a job at a kindy, then :p
    --
    Matthew Poole
    "Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."

    Matthew Poole, Jul 4, 2005
  5. In article <-a-geek.net>, -a-geek.net wrote:

    >>> You're going to kill them with a camera? What, batter them to death?
    >>> Seems a bit too much like hard work to me.

    >> I suspect that they meant one of these.
    >> http://users.frii.com/gosplow/slr95.html

    >heh.
    >originally I meant the rifle
    >but a heavy duty camera doing the bashing has extra value :)
    >I get revenge.. and a healthy workout at the same time
    >in fact, tai-bo be damned, Im now thinking of making an excercise tape
    >based on swinging heavy object :)
    >I'll be rich!

    Nope ... it's been done. Clubs ... very popular late 1800s and early 1900s
    IIRC. The "how to" book pictures are ... interesting :)

    Bruce

    -------------------------------------
    - George Bernard Shaw
    - Ambrose Bierce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 4, 2005
  6. Shane

    David Preece Guest

    Shane wrote:
    > if I take an SLR to work and kill them _I'M_ the one that gets in
    > trouble :)

    You're going to kill them with a camera? What, batter them to death?
    Seems a bit too much like hard work to me.

    Dave

    David Preece, Jul 4, 2005

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 4, 2005
  8. Shane

    Shane Guest

    Shane, Jul 4, 2005
  9. Shane

    Shane Guest

    On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 08:36:08 +1200, Matthew Poole wrote:

    > On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 01:21:23 +1200, someone purporting to be Shane didst
    > scrawl:
    >
    > *SNIP*
    >> farking children and thier farking childish petty backstabbing BS and if
    >> I take an SLR to work and kill them _I'M_ the one that gets in trouble
    >> :)

    > *SNIP*
    >
    > You shouldn't have taken a job at a kindy, then :p

    heh..
    damned if I dont have to learn things the hard way :\
    although on the phones this morning 1 place said I wasnt 'experienced'
    enough, and 1 other said they might have something coming up in 4 - 5
    weeks (and it sounds more my ideal, ie. backend *nix with a focus on
    networks (drools) vs what Im doing now, windows userland support, with
    window terminal servers + linux SME servers)

    (HINT HINT anyone :p)

    Shane, Jul 4, 2005
  10. Shane

    Bret Guest

    On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 01:21:23 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    wrote:

    >6 weeks into the new job and I hate it :)
    >am going to do the rounds looking for a new one in the morning
    >(the time of this post is an indication of how pissed off I am)
    >farking children and thier farking childish petty backstabbing BS
    >and if I take an SLR to work and kill them _I'M_ the one that gets in
    >trouble :)

    I don't think you should be working in a school :)

    >what really gets my goat is I wasnt even given the oppourtunity to respond
    >they expect me to take that up the arse they have another thing coming!

    I'm sure you can find an opportunity.

    >viva le revolution

    Now who is it we shoot first?

    Bret, Jul 4, 2005
  11. Shane

    Shane Guest

    On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 07:08:03 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Shane wrote:
    >> oops that was supposed to be sent to alt.bleat

    > no worries, I understand...
    > I was in that place yesterday myself.

    I blame al queada :)

    Shane, Jul 4, 2005
  12. Shane wrote:
    > heh..
    > damned if I dont have to learn things the hard way :\
    > although on the phones this morning 1 place said I wasnt 'experienced'
    > enough, and 1 other said they might have something coming up in 4 - 5
    > weeks (and it sounds more my ideal, ie. backend *nix with a focus on
    > networks (drools) vs what Im doing now, windows userland support, with
    > window terminal servers + linux SME servers)
    >
    > (HINT HINT anyone :p)

    city?

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 5, 2005
  13. Shane

    Shane Guest

    On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 11:34:24 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Shane wrote:
    >> heh..
    >> damned if I dont have to learn things the hard way :\ although on the
    >> phones this morning 1 place said I wasnt 'experienced' enough, and 1
    >> other said they might have something coming up in 4 - 5 weeks (and it
    >> sounds more my ideal, ie. backend *nix with a focus on networks (drools)
    >> vs what Im doing now, windows userland support, with window terminal
    >> servers + linux SME servers)
    >>
    >> (HINT HINT anyone :p)

    > city?

    Tauranga

    Shane, Jul 5, 2005
  14. In article <>,
    says...

    > city?

    Somewhere in Thailand, innit?

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Jul 5, 2005
  15. Shane

    Shane Guest

    On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 11:46:05 +1200, Peter Huebner wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> city?
    >>

    > Somewhere in Thailand, innit?
    >
    > -P.

    reminded me of the..
    victoria falls?
    somewhere near Taupo isnt it?

    Shane, Jul 5, 2005
  16. Shane

    ~misfit~ Guest

    David Preece wrote:
    > Shane wrote:
    >> if I take an SLR to work and kill them _I'M_ the one that gets in
    >> trouble :)

    > You're going to kill them with a camera? What, batter them to death?
    > Seems a bit too much like hard work to me.

    <g>

    I'm sure you know this:

    SLR = Single Lens Reflex *or* Self-Loading Rifle.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jul 5, 2005
  17. Shane

    Jerry Guest

    Bret wrote:
    > On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 01:21:23 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>6 weeks into the new job and I hate it :)
    >>am going to do the rounds looking for a new one in the morning
    >>(the time of this post is an indication of how pissed off I am)
    >>farking children and thier farking childish petty backstabbing BS
    >>and if I take an SLR to work and kill them _I'M_ the one that gets in
    >>trouble :)

    > I don't think you should be working in a school :)
    >

    >>what really gets my goat is I wasnt even given the oppourtunity to respond
    >>they expect me to take that up the arse they have another thing coming!

    > I'm sure you can find an opportunity.
    >

    >>viva le revolution

    > Now who is it we shoot first?

    The bad guys, of course

    Jerry, Jul 5, 2005
  18. Shane

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Shane wrote:

    >>>You're going to kill them with a camera? What, batter them to death?
    >>>Seems a bit too much like hard work to me.

    >>I suspect that they meant one of these.
    >>http://users.frii.com/gosplow/slr95.html

    > heh.
    > originally I meant the rifle
    > but a heavy duty camera doing the bashing has extra value :)
    > I get revenge.. and a healthy workout at the same time
    > in fact, tai-bo be damned, Im now thinking of making an excercise tape
    > based on swinging heavy object :)
    > I'll be rich!

    I have a Russian Zenit SLR camera wanna borrow it it can Knock over a
    Brick wall and still work

    Robert Cooze, Jul 5, 2005
  19. Shane

    SteveM Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in

    > David Preece wrote:
    >>> if I take an SLR to work and kill them _I'M_ the one that gets in
    >>> trouble :)

    >> You're going to kill them with a camera? What, batter them to death?
    >> Seems a bit too much like hard work to me.

    > I suspect that they meant one of these.
    > http://users.frii.com/gosplow/slr95.html

    Probably this type of SLR if you were in the NZ military

    http://world.guns.ru/assault/as24f-e.htm

    4th version down is very near to what I used to use.

    (I got to use the Styer AUG as well before I left, nice rifle)
    http://world.guns.ru/assault/as20-e.htm

    SteveM

    SteveM, Jul 5, 2005
  20. Shane

    Philip Guest

    David Preece wrote:
    > Shane wrote:
    >
    >> if I take an SLR to work and kill them _I'M_ the one that gets in
    >> trouble :)

    > You're going to kill them with a camera? What, batter them to death?
    > Seems a bit too much like hard work to me.
    >
    > Dave

    Nah, he's just going to take pictures of them till he's got their souls.

    Ah, souls.

    Philip

    Philip, Jul 8, 2005