Phrase Of The Week: “Beaujolais Effectâ€

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Dec 9, 2009.

  1. Guess which language reference manual I’m currently reading. :)
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Dec 9, 2009

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Adam Guest

    Re: Phrase Of The Week: ?Beaujolais Effect?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > Guess which language reference manual I?m currently reading. :)

    Without googling it, I'd say Ruby.
    Adam, Dec 9, 2009

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    EMB Guest

    Adam wrote:
    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    >> Guess which language reference manual I?m currently reading. :)

    > Without googling it, I'd say Ruby.

    Without googling I thought you were wrong. With googling I'm sure you are.
    EMB, Dec 9, 2009
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    EMB wrote:

    > Adam wrote:
    >> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >>
    >>> Guess which language reference manual I?m currently reading. :)

    >> Without googling it, I'd say Ruby.
    >>

    > Without googling I thought you were wrong. With googling I'm sure you
    > are.

    Not knowing what a Beaujolais is, at a slight
    disadvantage. One of those half red half white
    wines, I think. Lord knows what the effect is,
    usually headaches for me, which sometimes applies
    to any of the languages I use.
    Adam, Dec 9, 2009
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    EMB Guest

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaujolais_effect
    EMB, Dec 9, 2009
  6. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Enkidu Guest

    Adam wrote:
    > EMB wrote:
    >
    >> Adam wrote:

    >>> Without googling it, I'd say Ruby.
    >>>

    >> Without googling I thought you were wrong. With googling I'm sure
    >> you are.

    > Not knowing what a Beaujolais is, at a slight disadvantage. One of
    > those half red half white wines, I think. Lord knows what the effect
    > is, usually headaches for me, which sometimes applies to any of the
    > languages I use.

    It is a red, albeit a supposedly 'light' red.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Dec 9, 2009
  7. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Enkidu wrote:

    > Adam wrote:
    >> EMB wrote:

    >>> Without googling I thought you were wrong. With googling I'm sure
    >>> you are.

    >> Not knowing what a Beaujolais is, at a slight disadvantage. One of
    >> those half red half white wines, I think. Lord knows what the effect
    >> is, usually headaches for me, which sometimes applies to any of the
    >> languages I use.
    >>

    > It is a red, albeit a supposedly 'light' red.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    I'll cautiously give it another try. With a name like
    that, it very much sounds the intellectual property of
    a foreign owned country.
    Adam, Dec 9, 2009
  8. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    EMB wrote:

    > Adam wrote:
    >
    >> Not knowing what a Beaujolais is, at a slight
    >> disadvantage. One of those half red half white
    >> wines, I think. Lord knows what the effect is,
    >> usually headaches for me, which sometimes applies
    >> to any of the languages I use.
    >>

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaujolais_effect

    Lovely stuff.
    Adam, Dec 9, 2009
  9. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    EMB Guest

    Enkidu wrote:
    > Adam wrote:

    >> Not knowing what a Beaujolais is, at a slight disadvantage. One of
    >> those half red half white wines, I think. Lord knows what the effect
    >> is, usually headaches for me, which sometimes applies to any of the
    >> languages I use.
    >>

    > It is a red, albeit a supposedly 'light' red.

    IMO a hideously overrated red, especially Beaujolais Nouveau.
    EMB, Dec 9, 2009