    what am I missing?
    Ive also tried pkg_add -r php5-cgi to no avail
    TIA

    Shane, Jul 10, 2005

  2. On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 16:05:47 +1200, someone purporting to be Shane didst
    scrawl:

    > :)
    > have spent the day trying to upgrade my php on my freebsd box from php4 to
    > php5 (in between apparently seeking attention on nz.politics:)
    > I have trolled c.u.b.freebsd looking for help, but they are all asleep or
    > drunk or afk (except for matthew who is busy in nz.general:)

    Oh, it was you. I wondered what the odds were of the same subject popping
    up in both groups. Didn't look at the author :p

    > problem:
    > php4 was installed perfectly well and everything rendered
    > pkg_add -r php5 installs but nothing renders
    > what am I missing?
    > Ive also tried pkg_add -r php5-cgi to no avail
    > TIA

    Are you wanting to run 4 and 5 in parallel? If not, use portupgrade to
    upgrade. You can specify a package to use to upgrade across trees of an
    application, using the -o switch. ie: portupgrade php4 -o php5
    Check which php4 packages are installed with pkg_info and then upgrade
    them individually. Not sure if that will work, but it should. Use -P
    with portupgrade to try for packages if they exist.

    --
    Matthew Poole
    "Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."
    Matthew Poole, Jul 10, 2005