    IAN. P. GARDNER
    ISLE OF WIGHT
    www.gardner44.freeserve.co.uk
    IAN GARDNER, Jul 18, 2004

  2. IAN GARDNER

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in news:cddp5l$sli$1
    @newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk:

    > Just a quicky!
    > What prog do I need to open an avator file. It`s extension is a `PHP`
    > Thanks.

    PHP is a web programming language. More than likely the server served you
    a file with the wrong extension and content type so you ended up with
    something.php instead of something.jpg or whatever. If that is not the
    case, check out here:
    http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=php&goButton=Go

    To see what else a .php file could be.
    Jim Berwick, Jul 18, 2004

  3. IAN GARDNER

    IAN GARDNER Guest

    "Jim Berwick" <> wrote in message
    > "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in news:cddp5l$sli$1
    > @newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk:
    >
    > > Just a quicky!
    > > What prog do I need to open an avator file. It`s extension is a `PHP`
    > > Thanks.

    > PHP is a web programming language. More than likely the server served you
    > a file with the wrong extension and content type so you ended up with
    > something.php instead of something.jpg or whatever. If that is not the
    > case, check out here:
    > http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=php&goButton=Go
    >
    > To see what else a .php file could be.

    Thanks Jim i`ll check it out.
    IAN GARDNER, Jul 18, 2004
  4. IAN GARDNER

    IAN GARDNER Guest

    "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in message

    > "Jim Berwick" <> wrote in message
    > > "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in news:cddp5l$sli$1
    > > @newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk:
    > >
    > > > Just a quicky!
    > > > What prog do I need to open an avator file. It`s extension is a `PHP`
    > > > Thanks.

    > > PHP is a web programming language. More than likely the server served

    you
    > > a file with the wrong extension and content type so you ended up with
    > > something.php instead of something.jpg or whatever. If that is not the
    > > case, check out here:
    > > http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=php&goButton=Go
    > >
    > > To see what else a .php file could be.

    > Thanks Jim i`ll check it out.

    The exact thing I want to do is that on one of my Forums their is an Avator
    that I like. I want it on my Desktop.
    I`ve tried to download the file. That doesn`t work!
    I`ve managed to get it onto my desktop in the corner, but I have to log
    onto the Internet and click on it to syncronise it. I just want this
    animation going on all the time on my desktop.

    Anyhelp, Maybe Thor!

    (The animation is of this Blond girl in a white tee-shirt lifting up her top
    and her Boss**s bounce up and down.) Sorry about this but i think it`s quite
    cool ;-))

    Thanks
    IAN GARDNER, Jul 18, 2004
  5. IAN GARDNER

    Michael-NC Guest

    > > > @newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk:

    `PHP`

    > > > PHP is a web programming language. More than likely the server served

    > you
    > > > a file with the wrong extension and content type so you ended up with
    > > > something.php instead of something.jpg or whatever. If that is not

    the
    > > > case, check out here:
    > > > http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=php&goButton=Go
    > > >
    > > > To see what else a .php file could be.

    > > Thanks Jim i`ll check it out.

    > The exact thing I want to do is that on one of my Forums their is an

    Avator
    > that I like. I want it on my Desktop.
    > I`ve tried to download the file. That doesn`t work!
    > I`ve managed to get it onto my desktop in the corner, but I have to log
    > onto the Internet and click on it to syncronise it. I just want this
    > animation going on all the time on my desktop.
    >
    > Anyhelp, Maybe Thor!
    >
    > (The animation is of this Blond girl in a white tee-shirt lifting up her

    top
    > and her Boss**s bounce up and down.) Sorry about this but i think it`s

    quite
    > cool ;-))
    >
    > Thanks
    > --
    > IAN. P. GARDNER
    > ISLE OF WIGHT
    > www.gardner44.freeserve.co.uk

    It was very rude of you to describe that Gif without providing a link Ian.
    Give us the link so we can all experiment with it ;-)
    Michael-NC, Jul 18, 2004
  6. IAN GARDNER

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Michael-NC" <> wrote in

    > It was very rude of you to describe that Gif without providing a link
    > Ian. Give us the link so we can all experiment with it ;-)

    Seriously, do post a link. If you can post a link we can see exactly what
    you are working with.
    Jim Berwick, Jul 19, 2004
  7. IAN GARDNER

    > "Michael-NC" <> wrote in
    >
    > > It was very rude of you to describe that Gif without providing a link
    > > Ian. Give us the link so we can all experiment with it ;-)

    > Seriously, do post a link. If you can post a link we can see exactly what
    > you are working with.

    The general link is something like this
    www.satduded-forumz.com/forum/image.php
    after the .php there is something else but it won`t fit in my properties
    box!
    If you go to www.satdudes-forumz.com, and in the search box type `willyfox`
    you will see posts from willyfox. That is his nike name. Mine is STINGMAN.
    If you find one of his posts then you will see his avator. I`m a family man,
    but this is cheeky and excellent.

    BTW. when I turned on my computer this morning, this cheeky lass was doing
    her stuff. So it looks as through what I did worked for the time being! I
    think I activated the Desktop. Anyway, it works ;-))

    It`s a satellite forum.
    IAN GARDNER, Jul 19, 2004
  8. IAN GARDNER

    > "Jim Berwick" <> wrote in message
    > > "Michael-NC" <> wrote in
    > >
    > > > It was very rude of you to describe that Gif without providing a link
    > > > Ian. Give us the link so we can all experiment with it ;-)

    > > Seriously, do post a link. If you can post a link we can see exactly

    what
    > > you are working with.

    > The general link is something like this
    > www.satduded-forumz.com/forum/image.php
    > after the .php there is something else but it won`t fit in my properties
    > box!
    > If you go to www.satdudes-forumz.com, and in the search box type

    `willyfox`
    > you will see posts from willyfox. That is his nike name. Mine is STINGMAN.
    > If you find one of his posts then you will see his avator. I`m a family

    man,
    > but this is cheeky and excellent.
    >
    > BTW. when I turned on my computer this morning, this cheeky lass was doing
    > her stuff. So it looks as through what I did worked for the time being! I
    > think I activated the Desktop. Anyway, it works ;-))
    >
    > It`s a satellite forum.
    > --
    > IAN. P. GARDNER
    > ISLE OF WIGHT
    > www.gardner44.freeserve.co.uk

    I`ve got it now as a 128K animation Gif. I clicked on it to make it my
    desktop and now I have about 80 of these ladies doing their stuff!!!
    Is their a way just to have on in the corner! Thanks!

    IAN GARDNER, Jul 20, 2004
  9. IAN GARDNER

    Michael-NC Guest

    > "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > "Jim Berwick" <> wrote in message
    > > > "Michael-NC" <> wrote in

    link

    > > > Seriously, do post a link. If you can post a link we can see exactly

    > what
    > > > you are working with.

    > > The general link is something like this
    > > www.satduded-forumz.com/forum/image.php
    > > after the .php there is something else but it won`t fit in my properties
    > > box!
    > > If you go to www.satdudes-forumz.com, and in the search box type

    > `willyfox`
    > > you will see posts from willyfox. That is his nike name. Mine is

    STINGMAN.
    > > If you find one of his posts then you will see his avator. I`m a family

    > man,
    > > but this is cheeky and excellent.
    > >
    > > BTW. when I turned on my computer this morning, this cheeky lass was

    doing
    > > her stuff. So it looks as through what I did worked for the time being!

    > > think I activated the Desktop. Anyway, it works ;-))
    > >
    > > It`s a satellite forum.
    > > --
    > > IAN. P. GARDNER
    > > ISLE OF WIGHT
    > > www.gardner44.freeserve.co.uk
    > >

    > I`ve got it now as a 128K animation Gif. I clicked on it to make it my
    > desktop and now I have about 80 of these ladies doing their stuff!!!
    > Is their a way just to have on in the corner! Thanks!
    >
    > --
    > IAN. P. GARDNER
    > ISLE OF WIGHT
    > www.gardner44.freeserve.co.uk

    Perhaps you have the icons set to auto arrange.
    Michael-NC, Jul 20, 2004
  10. IAN GARDNER

    Stuart Guest

    IAN GARDNER wrote:

    > I`ve got it now as a 128K animation Gif. I clicked on it to make it my
    > desktop and now I have about 80 of these ladies doing their stuff!!!
    > Is their a way just to have on in the corner! Thanks!

    In the background tab of the display properties there is an option on
    the right hand side saying picture display, change that to centre or
    stretch as it is on tile right now.

    Stuart
    Stuart, Jul 22, 2004
  11. IAN GARDNER wrote:

    > Just a quicky!

    No ta, i'm striaght.

    Dreamweaver or vim (www.vim.org - free).

    Cunning Linguist, Jul 22, 2004
  12. IAN GARDNER wrote:

    > Dear all,
    > Just a quicky!
    > What prog do I need to open an avator file. It`s extension is a `PHP`
    > Thanks.

    on another note, mangle your email address, else you'll get a shedload
    of spam. Same on your website too.
    Cunning Linguist, Jul 22, 2004
  13. IAN GARDNER

    Stuart Guest

    Cunning Linguist wrote:

    > IAN GARDNER wrote:
    >
    >> Dear all,
    >> Just a quicky!
    >> What prog do I need to open an avator file. It`s extension is a `PHP`
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > on another note, mangle your email address, else you'll get a shedload
    > of spam. Same on your website too.

    Also known as munge.

    Stuart
    Stuart, Jul 23, 2004
  14. IAN GARDNER

    IAN GARDNER Guest

    "Cunning Linguist" <> wrote in message
    > IAN GARDNER wrote:
    >
    > > Dear all,
    > > Just a quicky!
    > > What prog do I need to open an avator file. It`s extension is a `PHP`
    > > Thanks.
    > >

    > on another note, mangle your email address, else you'll get a shedload
    > of spam. Same on your website too.

    I don`t know how to do that!
    IAN GARDNER, Jul 23, 2004
  15. IAN GARDNER

    Stuart Guest

    IAN GARDNER wrote:
    > "Cunning Linguist" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>IAN GARDNER wrote:
    >>

    >>>Dear all,
    >>>Just a quicky!
    >>>What prog do I need to open an avator file. It`s extension is a `PHP`
    >>>Thanks.
    >>>

    >>on another note, mangle your email address, else you'll get a shedload
    >>of spam. Same on your website too.
    >>

    > I don`t know how to do that!

    Simply add or alter your email address in your newsgroup settings. Add
    something like nospam or remove this.

    look at this explanation
    http://info.astrian.net/jargon/terms/s/spamblock.html

    Stuart
    Stuart, Jul 26, 2004
  16. IAN GARDNER wrote:

    > "Cunning Linguist" <> wrote in message
    >> IAN GARDNER wrote:
    >>
    >> > Dear all,
    >> > Just a quicky!
    >> > What prog do I need to open an avator file. It`s extension is a `PHP`
    >> > Thanks.
    >> >

    >> on another note, mangle your email address, else you'll get a shedload
    >> of spam. Same on your website too.
    >>

    > I don`t know how to do that!

    Change your email address to something like:
    Cunning Linguist, Jul 26, 2004