    If your interested you can find/download it at
    http://fabbphoto.nickfabb.com

    -nick

    nick, Oct 6, 2003

  2. nick

    Tom Lee Guest

    Did you look at Gallery? http://gallery.sf.net

    Tom Lee, Oct 6, 2003

  3. nick

    nick Guest

    yes, I looked at (Gallery? http://gallery.sf.net), its way too
    cumbersome for my tastes. i prefer fabbPhoto

    nick, Oct 7, 2003
  4. nick

    Tim Tyler Guest

    In comp.lang.php nick <> wrote or quoted:

    > After spending many hours trying to find a simple looking,
    > fast,dynamic php photo-gallery for my digital pictures, I decided to
    > code a my own.
    >
    > Once installed, all you have to do is drop a new folder of images on
    > the server.
    > Dynamic thumbnails, slideshow are built in.
    >
    > If your interested you can find/download it at
    > http://fabbphoto.nickfabb.com

    I tried it on a unix PHP5 server - it crashed with:

    Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromjpeg() in
    /usr/local/home/httpd/vhtdocs/sprouting/fabbPhoto/fabbphoto.php on line 53

    http://sprouting.org/fabbPhoto/fabbPhoto_index.php

    I tried it on a unix PHP4 server - it didn't seem to work - it gave a
    "JavaScript error: run_ss not defined" when I tried to view the slide show.

    http://timtyler.freeshell.org/fabbPhoto/fabbPhoto_index.php

    FWIW, both have safe mode off. There's a phpinfo() file nearby
    if it might help.

    Best wishes,
    --
    __________

    Tim Tyler, Oct 7, 2003
  5. nick

    nick Guest

    Tim,
    Do you have the GD(1.2+?) libs installed on your php server?
    That is expected behavior if you dont have gd installed.
    The Slideshow also would not work because the rest of the page does
    not get a chance to load(where the "run_ss" function is located).

    Most installations I have seen of php4+, have the gd libs installed.
    -nick

    nick, Oct 9, 2003
  6. nick

    Rafe B. Guest

    On 6 Oct 2003 11:22:41 -0700, (nick) wrote:

    >After spending many hours trying to find a simple looking,
    >fast,dynamic php photo-gallery for my digital pictures, I decided to
    >code a my own.
    >
    >Once installed, all you have to do is drop a new folder of images on
    >the server.
    >Dynamic thumbnails, slideshow are built in.
    >

    >If your interested you can find/download it at
    >http://fabbphoto.nickfabb.com

    Hmm. What's wrong with Gallery?

    http://gallery.menalto.com/

    Works for me. Much more comprehensive
    than yours, from what I can see. It was a snap
    to install and trivial to create new albums.

    Best feature about Gallery is that you can set up
    multiple accounts to allow others to post their own
    albums, sort of like a photo 'blog.

    Here's an example implementation:

    http://gallery.backcountry.net

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com

    Rafe B., Oct 9, 2003
  7. nick

    addi Guest

    FYI, in my experience, I've noticed that the GD libraries, while included in
    the php package and are convenient, they are slow and do not generate
    sufficiently high quality thumbnails/resampled images.

    php_imlib is the way to go, I've found. it's based on the imlib2 imaging
    library - the latest version of php-imlib is located here:
    http://pp.siedziba.pl/en/pc_ln.php

    The maintainer is very open to feedback - although he is quite busy. I can
    probably code up a quick demonstrative sample to show the not-so-subtle
    improvement in the image quality, if necessary.

    James Addison

    addi, Oct 10, 2003