    e-mail other e-mail addresses, only my e-mails at the domain name.

    Can anyone suggest why? Could it be a security issue?

    Thanks

    Noone Here, Mar 18, 2006

  2. Noone Here

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Noone Here" <> wrote in message
    news:441bf15c$0$19214$...
    >I have a question regarding php and the mail () command. I have no problem
    >creating a script that will mail to the e-mail address of my domain name,
    >which of course is linked to my hosting. However, I cannot e-mail other
    >e-mail addresses, only my e-mails at the domain name.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest why? Could it be a security issue?

    What about an error message/log entry to give us a clue, both from the mail
    server and the PHP server.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Mar 18, 2006

  3. Noone Here

    Noone Here Guest

    Dan Evans wrote:

    >"Noone Here" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>I have a question regarding php and the mail () command. I have no problem
    >>creating a script that will mail to the e-mail address of my domain name,
    >>which of course is linked to my hosting. However, I cannot e-mail other
    >>e-mail addresses, only my e-mails at the domain name.
    >>
    >>Can anyone suggest why? Could it be a security issue?
    >>

    >What about an error message/log entry to give us a clue, both from the mail
    >server and the PHP server.
    >
    >Dan

    This is the thing - there are no error logs. All that happens if I try
    to use an e-mail account that does not end with my domain name is that
    the php form appears to be processed correctly and no e-mail is
    received. If I do the same thing but use an e-mail that ends with my
    domain name, it works fine.

    Noone Here, Mar 18, 2006
  4. I wonder if your server is using sendmail, and the mailertable is only
    allowing mail from and to your local domain.
    what happens if you do something like this (assuming you have shell access:
    echo "Hello world" |mail ' ' ?? ... would you receive
    that?

    gk

    Georges Khairallah, Mar 18, 2006