    Roxio never answer any e-mails and I don't intend ringing USA.
    Thanks,
    Jim.

    Jim, Jul 25, 2005

  2. Just so I understand...it does a good job and does everything you like? And
    it freezes up there is no technical support. These are things you like?
    There is more to a good program than features. Working right is an important
    feature and tech support is also an important feature....change programs.

    Gene Palmiter, Jul 26, 2005

  3. In article <>, says...
    > Hi,
    > I use Photosuite 7 platinum by Roxio to edit my digital images.
    > It is easy to use and doe's everything I need and has pleasing results.
    > My problem is that after editing a picture to my liking, I click on "save"
    > and it will quite often freeze and I will have to shut the program down.
    > Doesn't always freeze and I wondered if anyone else has this problem. Is it
    > a fault of the program.
    > Tried un-installing and re-installing but it keeps doing the same thing.
    > I run XP home edtn. & SP2.
    > 19 Gbs free disc space & 528 Mbs memory.
    > Roxio never answer any e-mails and I don't intend ringing USA.
    > Thanks,
    > Jim.

    This is propably no help, but Photosuite 7 platinum works fine for me
    under XP professional, no service packs.

    Irwin Peckinloomer, Jul 26, 2005
  4. Jim

    Jim Guest

    "Irwin Peckinloomer" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, says...
    >> Hi,
    >> I use Photosuite 7 platinum by Roxio to edit my digital images.
    >> It is easy to use and doe's everything I need and has pleasing results.
    >> My problem is that after editing a picture to my liking, I click on
    >> "save"
    >> and it will quite often freeze and I will have to shut the program down.
    >> Doesn't always freeze and I wondered if anyone else has this problem. Is
    >> it
    >> a fault of the program.
    >> Tried un-installing and re-installing but it keeps doing the same thing.
    >> I run XP home edtn. & SP2.
    >> 19 Gbs free disc space & 528 Mbs memory.
    >> Roxio never answer any e-mails and I don't intend ringing USA.
    >> Thanks,
    >> Jim.
    >>

    > This is propably no help, but Photosuite 7 platinum works fine for me
    > under XP professional, no service packs.

    Thanks for your help. I am considering buying the same program again in case
    the one I have is corrupted in some way.
    I bought it new on e-bay and was supposed to be in the UK but it arrived
    from USA.
    It had the serial numbers to register it but it said the numbers were not
    recognised so I can't get any updates or upgrades.
    If yours works OK, then it may just be mine that's faulty.
    Many thanks.
    Jim

    Jim, Jul 26, 2005
  5. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Thanks for your interest Gene, and I know exactly what you are saying.
    I tried the trial periods with some of the other editing programs and I have
    found some quite complicated to use. (Due to my age I suppose, nearly 80)
    I am thoroughly happy to use Photosuite and I just wanted to know if this
    freezing at the "Save" stage could be a common fault.
    Regards.
    Jim.

    Jim, Jul 26, 2005
  6. Jim

    ASAAR Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:30:40 +0100, Jim wrote:

    > Thanks for your help. I am considering buying the same program again
    > in case the one I have is corrupted in some way.

    If you're installing from the CD with no reported disc read errors
    during the installation then your copy probably isn't corrupted.
    All sorts of other things could be causing your problem. One is the
    video driver. See if changing screen resolution or color depth
    helps. If not, see if there's a newer version of the driver you can
    install. There may be an incompatibility with something else that
    has been installed on your computer, but there's no easy way to
    determine if this is the case. It could be done by reformatting
    your hard drive, reinstalling WindowsXP and then PhotoSuite, but
    that requires more effort and risk than many people are willing to
    endure.

    > I bought it new on e-bay and was supposed to be in the UK but it
    > arrived from USA.
    > It had the serial numbers to register it but it said the numbers were not
    > recognised so I can't get any updates or upgrades.

    What you bought may not be a legitimate copy, or it might not be
    as "new" as it was made out to be. Perhaps buying another copy
    might be a way to go. Even if the problem is due to something else
    on your computer, buying a new copy of PhotoSuite might get you a
    slightly newer version that doesn't have the same conflict(s).

    ASAAR, Jul 26, 2005
  7. Jim

    Jim Guest

    "ASAAR" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:30:40 +0100, Jim wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks for your help. I am considering buying the same program again
    >> in case the one I have is corrupted in some way.

    > If you're installing from the CD with no reported disc read errors
    > during the installation then your copy probably isn't corrupted.
    > All sorts of other things could be causing your problem. One is the
    > video driver. See if changing screen resolution or color depth
    > helps. If not, see if there's a newer version of the driver you can
    > install. There may be an incompatibility with something else that
    > has been installed on your computer, but there's no easy way to
    > determine if this is the case. It could be done by reformatting
    > your hard drive, reinstalling WindowsXP and then PhotoSuite, but
    > that requires more effort and risk than many people are willing to
    > endure.
    >

    >> I bought it new on e-bay and was supposed to be in the UK but it
    >> arrived from USA.
    >> It had the serial numbers to register it but it said the numbers were not
    >> recognised so I can't get any updates or upgrades.

    > What you bought may not be a legitimate copy, or it might not be
    > as "new" as it was made out to be. Perhaps buying another copy
    > might be a way to go. Even if the problem is due to something else
    > on your computer, buying a new copy of PhotoSuite might get you a
    > slightly newer version that doesn't have the same conflict(s).

    All these suggestions are really appreciated and am considering them all.
    Not prepared to format hard drive and video driver is up to date.
    Using screen resolution recommended by Roxio.
    Will get a new copy of program. I notice the price has almost halved to what
    it was originally.
    Thanks again.
    Jim.>

    Jim, Jul 26, 2005
  8. Jim

    ASAAR Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:43:08 +0100, Jim wrote:

    > Will get a new copy of program. I notice the price has almost halved
    > to what it was originally.
    > Thanks again.

    You're welcome. Better luck with the new copy.

    ASAAR, Jul 26, 2005
  9. Jim

    Guest Guest

    Historically Roxio has had little or no support. I've gone back to version 4
    so I don't have to change my screen settings which is a pain. Bu8t I only
    use it for quick and dirty stuff, for the good stuff it's Adobe Elements!
    Old Bob

    Guest, Jul 26, 2005
  10. Jim

    Jim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Historically Roxio has had little or no support. I've gone back to version
    > 4 so I don't have to change my screen settings which is a pain. Bu8t I
    > only use it for quick and dirty stuff, for the good stuff it's Adobe
    > Elements!
    > Old Bob

    Thanks Bob. I think I will try the trial version of Elements 3 before
    buying.
    Cheers.
    Jim.

    Jim, Jul 26, 2005
  11. Jim

    JunkMonkey Guest

    My first editor was PhotoSuite 4 and it was ALWAYS locking up! Then when I
    switched anti-virus programs the problems went away! Try disabling
    Anti-virus and other security packages on your PC (not permanently, just for
    a test) and see if that helps. You'd be amazed at how many problems the
    Security programs can cause!

    I've never had those kind of problems with the V-Com SystemSuite product or
    the Trend Security suite. Norton and MacAfee have always been problematic
    for me.

    JunkMonkey, Aug 7, 2005
  12. Jim

    Jim Guest

    I gave that a whirl but it is still the same.
    The annoying thing is that I can put a batch of images into the editor and
    work through them and there is usually just one or maybe two that refuse to
    "save" afterwards. It just stays with the hourglass going round and the
    computer freezes.
    I have found now that if I right click the screen, I get the options box and
    the hour glass disappears and I can then work on the image again or go to
    the next image. If I try to save that same image again then it all locks up
    again.
    Thanks for your interest.
    Jim.

    Jim, Aug 8, 2005